30 year anniversary trip

eskgwin

Earning My Ears
My husband and I just booked a Disney World trip for Aug 29-Sept 7/Disney Cruise Sept 7-12. First time on a cruise. It will be our 30 year wedding anniversary during the cruise. Have not been to Disney World without kids so this is a trip for lots of firsts. So excited. I’m gonna read all the advice I can about adult only Disney trips. It’s gonna be the best time.
Thanks.
Allyson

Fun! We went for our 30th 2 years ago. Lots of fun things to do - not sure when Food & Wine starts, that may be going on. Halloween parties should have started. We enjoyed Jellyrolls (piano bar) on the Boardwalk a lot.

Fun! We went for our 30th 2 years ago. Lots of fun things to do - not sure when Food & Wine starts, that may be going on. Halloween parties should have started. We enjoyed Jellyrolls (piano bar) on the Boardwalk a lot.
I hope food and wine is going on when we are there. We both want to eat eat eat. I’m so excited. I am always happiest at Disney. I have to figure out dates to make reservations and get fast passes. The Disney cruise app has days/hours/minutes/seconds til trip starts. I look at it every day. :-)

We've celebrated our 25th, 29th and just this month our 30th anniversaries in WDW! Our 30th was actually celebrated twice.... Our original trip was August 30, but Hurricane Dorian cut our trip short so we were only there a few days. We went again October 5 and had a wonderful re-do 30th trip!
Have fun!

My husband and I just booked a Disney World trip for Aug 29-Sept 7/Disney Cruise Sept 7-12. First time on a cruise. It will be our 30 year wedding anniversary during the cruise. Have not been to Disney World without kids so this is a trip for lots of firsts. So excited. I’m gonna read all the advice I can about adult only Disney trips. It’s gonna be the best time.
Thanks.
Allyson

Congrats! Wifey and I celebrated our 20th at WDW last year (and 21st two weeks ago). The best advice I can give is to wear the darn Happily Ever After pins. The attention we got from CMs and everyone else was a lot of fun and there was no small measure of pixie dust falling either. We were chastened by Tinkerbell that being married for 20 whole years seems too much like growing up. But then we were still coming to WDW so that couldn't be the case.

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th!

DW and I made many adult only vacation visits over the years. Our style evolved over the years but the basic idea was to slow down and enjoy. If you are staying on site consider taking advantage of a few of the extra magic hours, morning or evening depending on your style. We would usually do the morning EMH. Then we would take afternoon breaks to relax (codeword for nap). After our break we would decide what we wanted to do in the evening. We are not foodies so we would stick with QS meals. You'll be there during Food and Wine so there will be plenty of adult food and drink possibilities there. We took a couple of tours. I am sure you probably have a few attractions that you have passed up over the years during your visits with kids. We would plan for one leisurely "sleep in" day, usually mid stay.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Congrats of going for your 30th!!!!

When we go to WDW and are having a big celebration (like an anniversary or birthday), here are some things we like to do:
Dinner at a quick romantic restaurant: Victoria and Albert's, Monsieur Paul
Spa Day ---- especially before a very romantic evening dinner
Hang out at a couple of quiet lounges: Nomad, Outer Rim, Sanaa, or River Roost to enjoy pre- or post-dinner drinks and chat with the cast members (bartenders)
Sleep in late or stay up late watching fireworks: on the beach of the Polynesian, or staying late at Raglan Roads

As for the Food & Wine, it should be going on since it has been starting the last weekend in August so you would be good to go.

Congratulations on your 30th. My husband and I also celebrated our 30th at WDW this year. We were able to enjoy Victoria and Albert, it was fantastic!
my advice is to relax and enjoy yourselves. We also did an after hours party at AK.

So now with everything going on what advice can everyone give? We think we should probably cancel the whole thing. Since we are supposed to leave August 31 what does everyone think? Thanks. ☹️

Thanks.
Allyson

We ordered a special cake to be delivered for our anniversary dinner. When we'd gotten married, we eloped and never had a cake. Our dinner was at Artist Point, way before characters, and the experience was just so awesome. Also, DH had flowers delivered to our room, and I got an anniversary ring at a pick a pearl kiosk. I picked the ring setting, and DH picked the oyster.

Attachments

• DSCN0117.JPG
    DSCN0117.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 2
So now with everything going on what advice can everyone give? We think we should probably cancel the whole thing. Since we are supposed to leave August 31 what does everyone think? Thanks. ☹

You ultimately need to decide what you're comfortable with; not sure that the cruise will be an option for you, and even if it is are you comfortable being on a cruise ship with all of this going on? We're celebrating our 25th this Fall, and we were booked for Aulani; we just literally canceled our reservation today because we're not willing to spend the points and money to be in Hawaii when chances are things may still be locked down or reduced to some degree. That said, after canceling Aulani we put together a split stay at WDW instead for the same time frame. We're ok with social distancing and masks (if required) at WDW, but not Aulani.

If you're still willing to go, I highly recommend the Food & Wine Festival which should start right around your scheduled stay. We don't rush around the parks like we do when the kids are with; we take our time and try to relax. Maybe try sit down meals you may not go to if the whole family was with. I think someone may have already mentioned it, but the MNSSHP will be going on as well (Sep 1, 4 & 7). Happy Anniversary and I wish you the best of luck with your decision!

We usually go in September, I'm not sure either this year. We like to go while kids are still in school as it's an adult trip to the F&WF but this year everyone may still be out and we don't want to take unnecessary risks. We're kind of holding to see what happens.

I cancelled the whole trip. Hoping to make new plans in a couple of years. I’m sad but made the right decision for us. Thanks for the replies.
Allyson

Happy 30th anniversary. It is quite an accomplishment. We will be going 7/21 through 7/30 for out 30th.

We went alone for our 25th and had the most awesome time ever. I loved our trips with the kids but going with just two adults is so liberating. It is so much easier to do the stuff you want when it is just two relatively like minded adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!