30th “Ears” Celebration Help

LuciMarie

Earning My Ears
Hello All!
It’s been some time since I was here and I’ve been lurking in the threads to see your opinions, ideas, and those magnificent trip reports.

A new year, a new decade, brings me to celebrating my birthday. As we go into the Roaring 20s 2.0, I’m about to embark onto a journey into my 30s. I’m still coming to terms with that, so be kind.
I know it’s not old, but like many I thought things would be different. Naturally, this means I’m escaping the real world and instead spending my birthday in the most magical place: WDW.:earseek:

I’ve decided that despite hating my birthday I’m going to have extra fun this year and I’d love any tips, opinions, or fun ideas.

I’ll be there Feb 8th to the 15th. Flying in early in the morning and later in the evening.
With some comp days and those magical DVC points I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas, so again, I’m in very high spirits. Mind you I will have to change rooms in the middle of my trip, but hey, I don’t need to change resorts so that’s not a big deal. It’s my favorite resort so I was just thrilled to get in.

I took my first tour (Behind the Seeds) in 2018 year and loved it. I don’t know how it took me so long to get to one, but I knew it was something I’d have to look into again.
Naturally, I decided to “go big” and book the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Did I book it for 8am? Yes I did.
I also saw they were doing the Villains After Hours and booked that for the 14th. I adore the villains and even with the split opinions, I wanted to get a peek. I know last year was touch and go, but I’ll give them the benefit that they learned what worked and what didn’t. Either way I’m in for more Disney magic.
Because I have DVC/AP, I’ve been looking into possibly doing another tour. I always thought Keys would be more expensive, but for $85 (technically it will be a birthday gift) I could book another. Or maybe there’s another event or experience I’m blanking on.

As of now, this is my trip:
Feb 8th: Fly in, check in, wander DS, head back and wander down the Boardwalk.
Feb 9th: Animal Kingdom
Feb 10th: Magic Kingdom/Keys to the Kingdom Tour.
Feb 11th: -Open-
Feb 12th: Room Change Day. Birthday in Epcot. Dinner at Mousier Paul.
Feb 13th: -Open-
Feb 14th: Late Start? Villains After Hours
Feb 15th: Last day. Likely walking over to Epcot for last round of rides and some noms before the evening flight.

You may notice I have two days open. Here’s the main reason. I enjoy Hollywood Studios, but I’d also be open to other ideas and I usually keep a day to play by ear anyway.
Full Disclosure, I was on a whirlwind adventure at the beginning of December. A friend is currently visiting with Family in Florida and invited me to be her +1 for the Candlelight Processional after her nan had to change plans. So with some Southwest points I went down from the 6th to the 8th. Yes. You read that right. What we both forgot was that Rise of the Resistance would be opening while there so....listen. I spent a LOT of time at Hollywood studios so I’m up to date.

This will also be my first experience for the Festival of the Arts, so do let me know about your favorite parts!

I know I rambled a bit, so I do apologize, but let me know what you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!