33 days out...eeek!!! Packing questions

:grouphug:
It's definitely time to kick it up a notch! Planning for the packing is fun for me...it gets me excited about the upcoming trip!!! What other items, do you think, are "must haves" for Disney in the summer????

Oh my! Where to start? This is all from memory now, because I haven't started packing yet, remember? I bought little misting fans from Bed Bath and Beyond. Small ones, with soft fans and clips to clip onto...well, we'll get to that. I bought us all Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads to wear around our neck, head, legs, anywhere that needed to cool down. They were without a doubt my absolute best purchase! Get them! Good footwear and smart wool (moisture wicking) socks. Those socks really work, I swear. But be sure you don't buy the cheap ones from say, Walmart. They should run you $20+ per pair. (DH almost had a kiniption when I came home with 5 pairs of socks in excess of $100!) The socks were definitely my next best purchase though. My tootsies were cool and dry the entire trip. ::yes:: Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MOJF66/ref=twister_B008U1DFH6

And I know it's dorky, but 4 of us wore fanny packs. You're visualizing the family of typical dorky travellers :grouphug:aren't you? But DS 14 absolutely refused! Lol I couldn't blame him though. I mean, you never know who's critiquing you on your fashion sense at the Disney parks. :confused3 But we could carry so much stuff in there! And we now had a place to clip those fans! We could carry ponchos, sunscreen, Chapstick, band aids, moleskin, etc. without having to lug anything cumbersome. And the tummy hiding didn't hurt either (bonus! :woohoo:) And for us ladies who are blessed with inner thighs that are best friends in the summer months, a little Lanacane anti-chafing gel helps tremendously! Oh, one more thing popped into my mind. I found small foldable Disney laundry hampers at the dollar store (God love that place!) They were even Disney themed, with princesses and Cars. DS, now 15, now has the Cars one in his room! Said the colour matched. Lol I'm feeling a little antsy now, so I think I'll take a walk upstairs and have a looksie in my "Disney closet" to see what I still have from last year. I'll post again if I find some little nugget of helpfulness.

Last edited:
What are Chilly Pads? We have been going to DW yearly, but usually in February, due to it being our school vacation (I am a teacher). In February we don't have to worry about excessive heat. Are Chilly Pads something I should know about?

Sorry @MickeyBelle, I just re-read your post. Not sure of the temps in Florida in February, so maybe the Chilly Pads aren't a must.

:wave2: Have you been ambitious? Lol Have a great trip!
Haha! No! The only things I've set in a small pile are our custom t-shirts, magic bands, and gift cards bought at Target. My parents are coming to stay in my house to watch my son for our adult only trip (don't worry, he gets to go in August), so most of our prep time has been spent frantically cleaning. So my house looks AMAZING, but I have not packed. Eeek! Only 1 more day!!!!! Have a great trip as well!

:grouphug:

Oh my! Where to start? This is all from memory now, because I haven't started packing yet, remember? I bought little misting fans from Bed Bath and Beyond. Small ones, with soft fans and clips to clip onto...well, we'll get to that. I bought us all Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads to wear around our neck, head, legs, anywhere that needed to cool down. They were without a doubt my absolute best purchase! Get them! Good footwear and smart wool (moisture wicking) socks. Those socks really work, I swear. But be sure you don't buy the cheap ones from say, Walmart. They should run you $20+ per pair. (DH almost had a kiniption when I came home with 5 pairs of socks in excess of $100!) The socks were definitely my next best purchase though. My tootsies were cool and dry the entire trip. ::yes:: Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MOJF66/ref=twister_B008U1DFH6

And I know it's dorky, but 4 of us wore fanny packs. You're visualizing the family of typical dorky travellers :grouphug:mare to you? But DS 14 absolutely refused! Lol I couldn't blame him though. I mean, you never know who's critiquing you on your fashion sense at the Disney parks. :confused3 But we could carry so much stuff in there! And we now had a place to clip those fans! We could carry ponchos, sunscreen, Chapstick, band aids, moleskin, etc. without having to lug anything cumbersome. And the tummy hiding didn't hurt either (bonus! :woohoo:) And for us ladies who are blessed with inner thighs that are best friends in the summer months, a little Lanicane lubricating gel helps tremendously! Oh, one more thing popped into my mind. I found small foldable Disney laundry hampers at the dollar store (God love that place!) They were even Disney themed, with princesses and Cars. DS, now 15, now has the Cars one in his room! Said the colour matched. Lol I'm feeling a little antsy now, so I think I'll take a walk upstairs and have a looksie in my "Disney closet" to see what I still have from last year. I'll post again if I find some little nugget of helpfulness.

WOW!!! Thank you for all the advice! The last time we went to WDW in the summer months was about 8 years ago just before DS 2nd birthday. The past 3 years we have gone during our February vacation, which definitely helped with the temperatures. I am excited to be going in the summer again...I am totally aware of just how hot things are going to be in the middle of August, but I simply don't care. I WILL BE IN THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!! No matter what the temperature is, we are going to have the BEST time! I am looking forward to mid-day breaks and swimming in the pool back at the WL. We have been to Disney enough times to know which things are must dos and which things we can skip. For the 1st time ever, I am looking forward to a lower-key trip and really enjoying the amenities at the hotel and some downtime with my family. We will be bringing a backpack into the parks with us as there are medical supplies we must carry for my DS. I will have to incorporate some of your suggestions. Thanks again for the advice! :teacher:

I'm one of those OCD type packers.
Started "imagining" what should be in the suitcases a month ago. Alright, alright, 3 months ago but hey it's an "illness":lmao:.

Washed, altered and checked clothing for sizing a few weeks back.

Cleaned the interior and exterior of the suitcases last week.

Began packing the man's suitcase last weekend under much protestation. I expect that after 25 odd years of life together he knows his comments just rollll off my back.

Convinced DGD that she only needed new bathing suits and anything else was just "gravy"; hard work there. She'll still get a something she wants after I see her report card but that's secret between youse and me;).

Bought new tee shirt dresses and shoes for me because the other people in my life say I wear too many neutrals (translation: black) and they are bored w/ my shoes. Waiting impatiently for the red and blue dresses and turquoise and gold embroidered shoes to arrive. The New Yorker in me is going "Whaaaaaa?!?":rotfl2:

Bought a new joint (for me and DGD's use) toiletry bag and traveling jewelry case because the originals are still in storage and I'm too lazy to look for them.
Refilled various toiletry unguent bottles and jars last weekend cuz I hate traveling with too much or too little. Also hate buying overpriced little thingies on the fly.

I'm one of those OCD type packers.
Started "imagining" what should be in the suitcases a month ago. Alright, alright, 3 months ago but hey it's an "illness":lmao:.

Washed, altered and checked clothing for sizing a few weeks back.

Cleaned the interior and exterior of the suitcases last week.

Began packing the man's suitcase last weekend under much protestation. I expect that after 25 odd years of life together he knows his comments just rollll off my back.

Convinced DGD that she only needed new bathing suits and anything else was just "gravy"; hard work there. She'll still get a something she wants after I see her report card but that's secret between youse and me;).

Bought new tee shirt dresses and shoes for me because the other people in my life say I wear too many neutrals (translation: black) and they are bored w/ my shoes. Waiting impatiently for the red and blue dresses and turquoise and gold embroidered shoes to arrive. The New Yorker in me is going "Whaaaaaa?!?":rotfl2:

Bought a new joint (for me and DGD's use) toiletry bag and traveling jewelry case because the originals are still in storage and I'm too lazy to look for them.
Refilled various toiletry unguent bottles and jars last weekend cuz I hate traveling with too much or too little. Also hate buying overpriced little thingies on the fly.

Surprised this post got resurrected after 3 years! Lol No matter though, as coincidentally I'm also headed to WDW with DD15 in just 27 days, 3 years since I originally posted. It was nice to reread the comments. We skipped WDW last year, so DD and I are super excited about it! I'm just also coincidentially making my Amazon order for my must-haves that are only available online. Those in particular are the rolls of Dr Scholl's moleskin and Gold Bond Friction Defence. Friction Defence is not sold in Canada, and is also particularly expensive online. And for some reason moleskn isn't to be found at any Walmart in my area either! In addition to items for the summer Florida heat (chilly pads especially) my feet get extra special care at WDW. The moisture wicking socks and exceptionally comfortable footwear are top of my list of must-haves! With the busiest end-of-the-school-year I have ever experienced in my 29 years of teaching, I haven't even looked at items I poked away in my "Disney closet" after our 2016 trip, so the anticipation of packing is on bust! Happy packing!

Surprised this post got resurrected after 3 years! Lol No matter though, as coincidentally I'm also headed to WDW with DD15 in just 27 days, 3 years since I originally posted. It was nice to reread the comments. We skipped WDW last year, so DD and I are super excited about it! I'm just also coincidentially making my Amazon order for my must-haves that are only available online. Those in particular are the rolls of Dr Scholl's moleskin and Gold Bond Friction Defence. Friction Defence is not sold in Canada, and is also particularly expensive online. And for some reason moleskn isn't to be found at any Walmart in my area either! In addition to items for the summer Florida heat (chilly pads especially) my feet get extra special care at WDW. The moisture wicking socks and exceptionally comfortable footwear are top of my list of must-haves! With the busiest end-of-the-school-year I have ever experienced in my 29 years of teaching, I haven't even looked at items I poked away in my "Disney closet" after our 2016 trip, so the anticipation of packing is on bust! Happy packing!
Me too?! It was just sitting there on the 1st page when I entered the forum one day. Maybe the poster before me had their post deleted? o_O. Still, the topic is definitely timely.

Everyone else is packed up except me by now but but I'm entitled to be last;).

About Dr. Scholl's products...they are getting harder to find here as well and I wish I could find the original moleskin which was thinner as I need to line the interior of a "toe ringed" pair of sandals. I think what with the material used to make shoes getting cheaper less shoe repair and maintenance is happening:(.

Yes and we are now less than 2 weeks until out the door to see the mouse. Wheeeeeee!

Progress report:
The man's bag is completely packed complete with new "furnishings". Old fashioned word that means underwear. Personally, I think buying shorts from the dollar store is bizarre but it's not my tushy..oops. He'll learn soon enough.

DGD's bag still has some missing items but she went to visit her other grandmother thus is excused. Nothing earth shattering...another bathing suit, a something she wants, and patiently waiting for her mother to send her report card.

The joint toiletry bag is a bit of a bust. It has 4 compartments, 2 for her, 2 for me, but none of them are big enough for the mouthwash bottle, or my makeup brushes. Ah well, it only cost 15 bucks so the world hasn't come to an end and I can find space in the suitcases to squirrel those items away.
This is the one I bought that isn't quite right. Hopefully it'll help you not make the same mistake:

https://www.c21stores.com/products/...d3a969702d7cf90151d3,5b1ed3aa69702d7cf90151fd

As for me, I'm waiting for various mail order items to arrive and am still contemplating buying a "travel" wig because I get lazy on my pool vacs and canna be bothered bringing alllllll the appliances and hair stuff needed to look presentable away from home for a week long trip. Can't find wig with a decent grey streak that isn't custom made so it'll be back to who I used to look like assuming I get off my "tuchas" and order one this week:lmao:. Otherwise I'll just be driving the man crazy like normal with my hats. Yeah but like I tell him he can always find me....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!