• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I feel that way every time it is time to leave and the first day or so. Then, I still have that feeling off and on.

Classic case of Disney withdrawal. Planning your next trip is the only way to over come this.:jester:
Believe me, I feel your pain!

My dd and I were both crying our eyes out last year on our way to the airport to return home:( There is no cure--planning your next trip, visiting these boards, watching videos and looking at your pictures from your visit will help ease the pain. I swear it took me at least a month before I stopped feeling so miserable about being back in the real world. Talking it over with fellow Disney friends helps a lot-we are all here for you....;)

youn know how i beat those post trip blues? I make one of those silly "precioius memories" type scrap books. it takes a while and helps with the withdrawl symptoms.

I know how you feel. We haven't left yet and I'm already sad about having to come back:( . It's hard to get over. I try trips to my Disney store it cheers me up for atleast a day.:sunny: Coming here helps alot too. The only real cure.....move to Disney World. I'm still trying to convince DFand you know what?.........I've almost got him. He just has to finish school(June)then he said we can talk. :teeth:

I cry everytime we leave. Usually closing the hotel room door, then while driving to the airport. Last time my 5 yr old dd joined me in crying. We must have been quite a sight.

Erika

We were there for a month last year and still felt that way. My wife and I agree that the first job that will let us transfer to Florida we are gone! The Grand Canyon is beautiful but 5 years is enough. My coworkers think I am crazy for wanting to transfer to the Everglades NP over Grand Canyon. No snow and only 5hrs to WDW I am not crazy:)

I know the feeling. When we left last year, at first I was ready to come home, but by the time we hit Alabama, I was ready to go back. I felt an emptyness in my heart. I hate leaving, it is the worse part. However, I'm going to go this year and have a wonderful time, and I'm sure the sad feeling will return again as soon as I leave.:(

DH, DD and I were all sooooooo depressed when we left in September! It was quite a suprise for us to feel that way...We hung out here at the Dis and listed to the parade music cd's we bought, made a scrapbook and watched our videos. I wish I could give you a magical cure, but it's not to be...the best advice I got was --- Plan your next trip! :)

It doesn't matter how long we've been in "the world". I am always sad & depressed when we have to come home to reality.

For about the next week or two my DD's & I say to each other "right now someone is getting on Space Mountain. Right now, someone is ordering a Mickey Bar" etc. (you get the picture).

Being on these boards has helped me with Disney withdrawal. It lets me feel like I'm part of the magic all the time. :)

I felt that way in February after a glorious week. We spent quite a lot of time doing housework so didn't get out as much as I would have liked-but at least it's only 7 weeks till our next trip!

Nothing's going to stop me going

and to all the allied troops-may god go with you

Alisonia

The only thing that helps me get over the Disney blues is to plan another trip - even if it is a year away. We got back in January and I immediately started planning an October trip. This way we have something to look forward to. These boards help an awful lot too -- I visit them every day. If I can't be at WDW every day, it's great to know that some of my fellow DISer's are going to be there for their upcoming trips.

I saw by your countdown timer that you have planned another trip. That's great!!! It will give you all something to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter