365 days of healthy choices... Year #3 starts with post 356, comments welcome!

You can do it! Bad days happen! Just gotta brush yourself off and make the next day count!

So this morning I got up a little earlier than I needed to, my start time for work was a little later and I got a few things done around the house. I decluttered, did laundry, and went for a walk. I find I am so much more motivated to get things done in the morning. But I haven't found a good time to exercise yet. A walk is OK, but it doesn't get my heart pumping. Not a morning exerciser, but after work I am so tired. I am going to have to find a good time to exercise and stick to it. The problem is that my work changes literally on a day to day basis and I don't know what my start time for the next day will be until about 2pm the day before. Hard to plan in exercise. I think I will make that my goal next week, to plan in exercise!

OH, and one GREAT thing that came about this journal... I came up to log, even though I was tired, I wanted to keep my commitment to my journal. Thank Heavens I did because DS came onto Skype and we chatted for 50 minutes!!!!! Made my night! It was just a little bit of a cyber hug from DS!

pirate:
3rd time is a charm??? or should I say 300 millionth time is a charm? I have started and restarted so many times, but I refuse to give up on myself. So here goes... 3rd time to complete 365 days of healthy choices and finally loose weight for good!!!!

What motivated me? Well, DS just left for college and my heart is broken.:sad: BUT before he left he started to get into rock climbing. He said that if I loose the weight he will teach me and take me rock climbing. Soooo.... what's a mother to do that wants to stay connected with her now adult son? Move Heaven and Earth to loose the weight so that we can continue to connect. Although this frightens the heck out of me because I am afraid of heights! :rolleyes1:eek:

That got me to thinking what else activity wise do I want to do? DH and I will need to find something to do once DD flies the coop and I would love to get into backpacking with DH. (DS and DH went to Philmont scout camp this past summer and their experience sounded AMAZING)

I also want to earn that very elusive black belt, and I would LOVE to go river rafting and river tubing and hiking in the Narrows in Arizona, and hiking further down into the grand canyon, and horseback riding in the water during our cruise, and wearing a beautiful ball gown on formal night of the cruise, and keeping up with DH as he walks, and finally fitting on that darn Harry Potter ride.

So, last night I found a book I want to read to help me along the way. I recharged the MP3 player so I can have great work out music.

Today's healthy choices included:

1. having baked tilapia when we went out for lunch instead of the chicken Alfredo.

2. Making the decision to get back to journaling!!!! I have missed all of you, and I want to make this happen.

Hi Vija! Glad you are back at it.

I am too. Still have not got my new journal up but am "Following the Yellow Arrows" each day - or trying to.

Busy week ahead - look for me here a week from now.

I have to go to town on business on Wednesday and have another 5k next Saturday - the first one I am determined to complete (with TNT) since BC (before cancer).

My psyche has been so damaged - it feels like I can't do it anymore.

I have made a number of "attempts" since then but bowed out before finishing, every time.

Tired of this.

Tired of getting "honorary medals" - I want to earn it.

Sooo - the plan is to take off the chip, and finish no matter what - if it takes three hours (hopefully not) do it!

Only walked up to 3k in training - had to take the car in for repairs and missed a walk yesterday - to top it all off, hit a curb and damaged my bumper! :eek:

But I will get a couple of short walks/weight workouts in before then and give it a go.

I have to finish, I have done so many, but now I think I can't - so frustrated and scared :scared1: and confused:confused:

Anyway - it has a pirate theme pirate:

Will keep you posted.

And you post ! I will read. Great for you to do this again...:worship:

We will do it this time :banana:

Have a magical losing day.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

So this morning I got up a little earlier than I needed to, my start time for work was a little later and I got a few things done around the house. I decluttered, did laundry, and went for a walk. I find I am so much more motivated to get things done in the morning. But I haven't found a good time to exercise yet. A walk is OK, but it doesn't get my heart pumping. Not a morning exerciser, but after work I am so tired. I am going to have to find a good time to exercise and stick to it. The problem is that my work changes literally on a day to day basis and I don't know what my start time for the next day will be until about 2pm the day before. Hard to plan in exercise. I think I will make that my goal next week, to plan in exercise!

OH, and one GREAT thing that came about this journal... I came up to log, even though I was tired, I wanted to keep my commitment to my journal. Thank Heavens I did because DS came onto Skype and we chatted for 50 minutes!!!!! Made my night! It was just a little bit of a cyber hug from DS!

Yea, my preference is morning too but here lately there just is no way I can get myself up. Sleep is precious and hard to come by lately so I have to take it when I can get it. What has been working with me though, is when I get home from work, just go ahead and immediately change into gym clothes. No sitting on couch or at the computer, just going to change and then head back out the door. Once you can do that for a few months and you don't talk yourself out of going, it starts getting much much easier, and then something weird happens and you start to crave the exercise!

That was a nice treat from your DS!

I am back yet again!!! I am so sick and tired of trying, and starting and not finishing. But I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF!!! found a great quote...

If you never give up, you'll be successful.
Dan O'Brien
(I don't know who Dan O'Brien is, I hope he is a "good guy", but I like the quote either way)

I plan on that... I won't give up and I WILL be successful!

I have 34 weeks until our cruise and that is a big motivator for me right now. I made the commitment to DH that I would "earn" this cruise by losing weight. Well, I haven't done that yet, but I can and will. I want to go on that cruise with confidence and pride, knowing I "earned" it.

Today woke up with a bad headache... one that I have had on and off for a week. I know it is food related. I've been making some very bad food choices and I can feel myself just feeling worse and worse. I'm done with that. I love how I feel when I eat healthier and exercise. Why wouldn't I do that?

I know this is going to be a lifelong process... not just 34 weeks, and I am ready to get my "move on".

Woke up and DH and I went to the gym. Haven't done that in a while and it felt GREAT! I also decided to make my home DVD/VHS tapes more accessible and moved them to a shelf. While doing so, I counted out 72 different VHS/DVD/Wii exercise related tapes.... Jane Fonda, WATP, Richard Simmons, Buns of steel, Tae Bo, Zumba, Biggest loser DVD's... you get the point... that is ALOT of tapes available. I mentioned to DD that I could do 1 a day and not get bored with exercises. She said "why don't you do that as a challenge":headache: Okayyyy... so of course I want to show her I can, so now I have committed by myself to the challenge. It will actually by 73 days because I rented just dance 2014 from Red Box, so we will start with that one.

However my DD is now in on it too... I challenged her to do some form of exercise for the next 73 days too. She accepted the challenge. So hopefully I can help her along the path of daily exercise and getting healthier.

I looked back on this thread... my first attempt to make it went for 243 days... second attempt was 29 days... third attempt was only 5 days... fourth attempt was 4 days... Time keeps moving on... this time I will accomplish 365 days.

I may not have access to a computer each night, but I will come back and log those days. I can do this.

Vija, I love your quote. :goodvibes: This is a good one, too.

quote_78.jpg

One day at a time; one step at a time; one bite at a time -- you can do it! ::yes::

I have no doubt in a few months you will be where you want to be :beach:

Part of my challenge of doing the exercise tapes/ DVD's is because I have so many... over 70 is a ridiculous number... and I want to weed out the ones I won't use again. I also need to declutter the house. Well I managed to do both today, and that came easy. I started to do a DVD that someone copied and gave to me years ago, and it didn't work! I was frustrated as I really wanted to try this one. So I threw it out and instead did another Just dance DVD. That is in addition to already going to work out at the gym in the morning. I am feeling pretty proud of myself! Got an exercise in AND decluttered. I know, I know, a DVD doesn't exactly take up lots of space... but baby steps! ;)

Vija, I love your quote. :goodvibes: This is a good one, too.

One day at a time; one step at a time; one bite at a time -- you can do it! ::yes::

I have no doubt in a few months you will be where you want to be :beach:

thanks for the pic and the support! I love it. That is a great quote and is very inspiring!

That should be another mantra for me. when I face a decision I need to look at what I won't regret. I got out of work early, without lunch. my past M.O. was always to go to McDonalds and then hit the couch for a few hours mindlessly watching TV. I sat in my car debating.... gym/McDonalds...gym/McDonalds... gym/McDonalds... you get the picture. I finally decided to go to the gym. If I really wanted McDonalds then I could go after exercising. Of course while there I realize I don't really want it, and I went home and had leftovers instead. I was so happy with my choice and realize that I really need to look past "the moment" and think when I do look back to "the moment" which choice made will be the one that I am happiest with and don't regret.

I don't regret my choice today and I am quite frankly very proud of it and happy!:cool1:

I am back yet again!!! I am so sick and tired of trying, and starting and not finishing. But I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF!!! found a great quote...

If you never give up, you'll be successful.
Dan O'Brien
(I don't know who Dan O'Brien is, I hope he is a "good guy", but I like the quote either way)

I plan on that... I won't give up and I WILL be successful!

I have 34 weeks until our cruise and that is a big motivator for me right now. I made the commitment to DH that I would "earn" this cruise by losing weight. Well, I haven't done that yet, but I can and will. I want to go on that cruise with confidence and pride, knowing I "earned" it.

Today woke up with a bad headache... one that I have had on and off for a week. I know it is food related. I've been making some very bad food choices and I can feel myself just feeling worse and worse. I'm done with that. I love how I feel when I eat healthier and exercise. Why wouldn't I do that?

I know this is going to be a lifelong process... not just 34 weeks, and I am ready to get my "move on".

Woke up and DH and I went to the gym. Haven't done that in a while and it felt GREAT! I also decided to make my home DVD/VHS tapes more accessible and moved them to a shelf. While doing so, I counted out 72 different VHS/DVD/Wii exercise related tapes.... Jane Fonda, WATP, Richard Simmons, Buns of steel, Tae Bo, Zumba, Biggest loser DVD's... you get the point... that is ALOT of tapes available. I mentioned to DD that I could do 1 a day and not get bored with exercises. She said "why don't you do that as a challenge":headache: Okayyyy... so of course I want to show her I can, so now I have committed by myself to the challenge. It will actually by 73 days because I rented just dance 2014 from Red Box, so we will start with that one.

However my DD is now in on it too... I challenged her to do some form of exercise for the next 73 days too. She accepted the challenge. So hopefully I can help her along the path of daily exercise and getting healthier.

I looked back on this thread... my first attempt to make it went for 243 days... second attempt was 29 days... third attempt was only 5 days... fourth attempt was 4 days... Time keeps moving on... this time I will accomplish 365 days.

I may not have access to a computer each night, but I will come back and log those days. I can do this.

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb!

Keep climbing my friend

Linda

:tinker::donald:

“The difference in winning and losing is most often… not quitting.” ~ Walt Disney

I guess the best thing to be said about my weight loss efforts is that I WILL NOT QUIT! I'm hanging in there because I want to be a Weight loss winner!

I came across a calendar I bought 2 years ago. In it I had several goals for the next year:

1. Earn my blackbelt 2. Loose weight (100#), 3. scrapbook DS scouts 4. Scrapbook DH high adventure trip 5. Begin marathon training 6. Declutter (bedroom, our closet, bathroom, hall closet, bonus room, paper basket, photos living room, kitchen laundry room, closets downstairs 7. scrapbook mom and dad Disney trip

Well, I have only done 1 of those. I scrapbooked DS scouts. 2 years and only accomplished one of the goals! :sad2: I was going to originally throw out the calendar (attempting to declutter), but then I decided to hold on to it. I am tired of so many things, but mostly tired of not really living life and going for my dreams, watching year after year pass without achieving my goals. Seriously??? What have I been doing with that time? 2 years!

So, time to set some new goals and revisit the old ones. But this time I will not only buy a new calendar/planner, but actually USE it to set steps to reach my goals!

I've already started back up on the weight loss goal.

I had lost weight for our trips this past summer, but yo-yoed right back up to where I was last year!:rolleyes: I've managed to loose 5# now, and I am an honest woman with my WISH clippie!;)

right now a lot of my weight loss will have to be simply diet controlled because I have really managed to mangle up my leg. Torn hamstring, knee aches ALOT, sharp pains in my knee. I reinjured the hamstring on Halloween and the knee has really been hurting, walking funny has also now hurt my Achilles tendon. I am gingerly trying to rehabilitate. very frustrating as I want to exercise. I really LOVE the feel I get when I exercise and this has been very frustrating to me.

I am going to change my WISH journal to be a weekly thing. meaning instead of worrying about logging every day, I am going to make a plan for the week and FOLLOW through!

The week starts with Monday, but I can add on as I go.

This weeks goals: get a journal/planner and set goals for 2014 and then set steps to achieve the goals. Start using my fitness pal and log calories.

And Jimmduck, I will keep climbing!!! I am going to reach those goals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter