365 days of healthy choices... Year #3 starts with post 356, comments welcome!

Early in the morning my manager was filling up the candy jar and it looked yummy... but that's all I did, took one look and kept moving on... And I got out early from work, did not have lunch there. In the past I would EASILY have gone to McDonalds for lunch, not this time! Went home and had lunch at home! I am so proud of myself.:goodvibes

I also...
went to the gym and did 40 min. on the eliptical and did 4 weight machines
took a walk around the block again
logged into my fitness pal
scrapbooked
journaled
read a little while on the eliptical
and since I didn't eat out, was helping the finances...

So of my 10 goals for the year, I worked on 8 of them!:yay:

For a few years now DH's work did a "maintain don't gain", challenge. $10 to go in and if you didn't gain you get your money back and the money of others who didn't weigh in, or who gained is divided up amongst the maintainers. This is the first year that I actually maintained!!!!!:hyper: Not only did I maintain, I actually lost 4#! So I am extremely happy.

I also had my consultation for the BL competition for his work. Another challenge that they are doing. I had to weigh in, do a step test, flexibility test, strength test, body composition, resting heart rate, blood pressure, and get measured. Game on!

Hi there!:goodvibes Do you have a journal too? would be fun to follow someone having similar goals! Thanks for coming on this journey with me.

Yes, I do. My journal is only focusing on the weight right now, but many of my other goals are similar to yours.

Congratulations on maintaing. That must feel good. I like that challenge- everybody who does well gets a reward. We are starting a new healthy weigh in challenge at work. We did BL last year, not sure how this one is different. Good luck on your BL challenge!

Just started reading you Journal tonight, and it gives me a huge boost of encouragement seeing how long you've stuck with it! I usually do good for a month or so, and the get frustrated and give up. Thanks for sharing your journey! That takes a lot of courage!!!

Just started reading you Journal tonight, and it gives me a huge boost of encouragement seeing how long you've stuck with it! I usually do good for a month or so, and the get frustrated and give up. Thanks for sharing your journey! That takes a lot of courage!!!

Hi there! And welcome to the journey!:drive:

thanks for the kind words, I completely understand the frustration after doing great for a while. When I fall off the wagon, I fall hard... does that happen to you too? This journal has been amazing to me. I love going back to read the days and see how far I've come, It makes me realize that time marches on and the time will pass one way or another and it is up to us to make it count! Wishing you lots of success on your journey!:moped:

I LOVE the annual People magazine that features people who lost 1/2 there body weight. It is my favorite magazine publication by far!!! So excited when I saw it. There is even someone featured that lost 3/4 of her weight! WOW, I can't wait to read it.

Today I did GREAT for lunch. A doc bought lunch for us (panera bread). I had a sandwhich, and had the salad but didn't put on ANY dressing. I just ate the veggies, and it tasted great. did not miss the dressing at all. I broke a cookie in half and ate the smaller half. Satisfied and enjoyed lunch. The thing I enjoyed most was the feeling of doing the right thing. Made me be proud and feel strong and confident I can do this thing. Wasn't originally planning to work out today, but went to the gym and did 40 min. on the stair climber and wow, did I sweat! Felt great. :goodvibes

Yes, I do. My journal is only focusing on the weight right now, but many of my other goals are similar to yours.

Congratulations on maintaing. That must feel good. I like that challenge- everybody who does well gets a reward. We are starting a new healthy weigh in challenge at work. We did BL last year, not sure how this one is different. Good luck on your BL challenge!

Good luck with your healthy weigh in challenge at work! Lets hope both of us stay motivated!

I'll have to go and check out your journal. do you have any favorites that you are reading?

I've been working like crazy scrapbooking for DS. I am scrapbooking his scouting history and have to be done with it in less than one week. So the nice thing is that it is keeping me out of the kitchen, and off of the couch!

I have to admit though, I am certainly hungry, but I just told myself "no" and kept scrappin'. I hope that I can stay busy after next weekend too. I like having something to do to keep me off of the couch.

Hmmm, today was not such a good one. I have been stressed over this coming Saturday. It is my DS's Eagle Scout Ceremony. I am working so hard on getting his scrapbook done in time. I honestly don't know if I will get it all done. I scrapbooked alot today, and did some other things for his ceremony. No time to work out, and unfortunatley I ate way too much. I know it was from stress. I know it is just an excuse and I fought it hard. I didn't eat as much as I would have in the past, but still ate way too much.:(

I was really tempted to have McDonald's for lunch and then again later for dinner. I am so proud that I didn't do it! Wasn't easy, but I am proud of myself for staying strong.

time is ticking away... Didn't snack today, so that is great! However I did have McDonalds for dinner... not so good. I think keeping my hands busy witht the scrapbook is such a great thing for a few different reasons. It is showing me how much time I was wasting in front of the TV and the computer. I know that I can manage my time better to ensure that I get to the gym on a regular basis and make my time count.

I also heard a commercial today that I really liked, but I can't remember the exact words. Something like...

"I want to live my life because I am in shape not trying to get in shape to live my life."

So very true, need to enjoy every minute and want to enjoy all that life has to offer, so tired of sitting on the sidelines...

The scrapbook is completed!!!!! I am soooo happy right now! Last week at this time I really didn't know if I would be able to finish it. I think Sunday evening I was certain I wouldn't get it done. I can't tell you how happy I am that it is done. It certainly kept me from eating a bunch, what a blessing that was!

Now just a few more days until his ceremony. I've got more things I have to do, but it is winding down and I feel so happy that I feel like maybe, just maybe I'll be able to relax and enjoy it some!

AND then, I'll be able to get back to the gym! HURRAY!

I finally got a chance to work out. It was short and sweet, but I finally got to try one of my Christmas gifts, it was the zumba for the Wii. I loved it!

I also made a great choice by only eating what I brought for lunch. I wanted to eat a muffin, but I didn't!!!! Nor did I jump into the community chocolate stash. As much as I wanted some, I didn't!:thumbsup2

And I forgot to mention that yesterday I went into the bakery to deliver stuff for the cake we will have on Sat. and I didn't buy ANYTHING! That was hard, and I can honestly say that is the first time ever that I've been in a bakery and walked out empty handed. I am so proud of myself!:goodvibes

Vija Congrats on finishing the scrapbook. Let me offer a couple of words of advise for ceremony. Take a deep breath before it starts and try to enjoy the day. It is so special that he has reached this level and you and your family have been a big part of it. It is your day too.

Keep up the good work on your journal. I think it is time I started back.

Lots of things to write about! First and foremost DS's Eagle Scout Ceremony was AMAZING!!!! It sounds melodramatic, I know... but it truly was one of the best days of my life. It was such a special day, and lots of people LOVED the scrapbook, including DS who appreciated it too.

After that I got slightly depressed... not bad, but I was just so focussed on the ceremony and so much energy went to that, that afterwards I "crashed", just relaxed a lot and didn't do anything. I managed to keep gaining weight. :sad2:

DH has been focused on losing weight for about 2 months now. he and DS are going on a high adventure boy scout hike in the mountains and NEEDS to make weight, otherwise they can't go. He decided to try and cut out the processed carbs and asked that I try it with him this past week. I really want to support him in his endeavour and decided to give up "control" to him. He loves me, and only wants what is best for me, so I decided to try it. Well... this week was HARD! But I lost over 9# (almost 10) and it wasn't "horrible". I cut out McDonalds and the bags of chips, that was a big change!

We are also doing a BL challenge through DH's work. One of the things is that was have to meet with a Wellness coach. Two of the things I mentioned were $ and eating out and she suggested that I tally how much we spent on eating out. Well, (although this includes the holidays and we ate out at Chili's and Olive Garden in there so it was more than we normally would spend) we spent about $500!!!! :scared1: That is alot of money....

So...

Yesterday I was on the treadmil thinking about it and thought maybe we could save the money and go on a 3 or 4 night Disney Dream cruise. Mentioned it to DH as we were leaving the gym and he said why go on the Dream because it isn't as good as the Fantasy.... Well... of course I RAN with that idea and within a 2 hour time frame I went from thinking things over in my head as I was exercising to picking out the cruise we will go on!!!!!

HOWEVER... it is directly related to my weight loss. If I don't loose the weight, we don't get to go. In the past I've set the "goals of losing weight to go on the vacation", but didn't loose the weight. Now I have extra incentive to loose weight, because I WANT to go back on the FANTASY. I FELL in LOVE with that ship!!!!!!:love:

So this morning I was very pleased to see the numbers drop! I will keep going as I know this will be a great reward.

AND one of my goals is to run the Castaway Cay 5k. Wanted to really badly last time we were there, but again didn't get in shape. This time, I WILL do it! :yay:

Nothing too exciting today. Had a great workout at the gym though. We weren't 100% certain we would go to the gym, but decided to go anyhow. Almost all of the machines were taken!:scared1: Jumped on the stair climber that was open and did 45 min! Last time only made it to 20!!! Doing better:goodvibes

Woke up early... just dreamin' of the Fantasy! Woke up early to exercise, not sure if I could get a work out in tonight, so got up and did Zumba on the Wii this morning and got in 45 min on my home stairclimber. Feels great to be doing so well. The cruise is my motivator for sure.

Princess VIJA!! I am back to try this losing thing, needed a break! I am going for goal! How are you doing?? Want to make 2013 our goal year?? Congrats on Eagle Scout!! That is amazing! My son stopped at Life Scout and while I know he may regret not going for it, I understand why..he had a rough troop that demoralized him in many ways, he stuck it out to make a change and help encourage others but became too much..he got to do Philmont with his Dad..so he did make some great memories :)

Weather is turning nice, time to lose!! Pulling for you!
Tara

Just popping in to say hi and see how things were going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!