365 days of healthy & happy! (Comments welcome)

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
What inspires us to make change? Each of us is differently motivated, inspired. Well... my uncle's life... and death has inspired me.

I was asked to do a photo memory board for his funeral, we just had the funeral on Saturday, and the loss is still so real. I spent all of last week sorting through photos, digging through many albums, HOURS and HOURS scanning, and then finally creating a memory board. What struck me was the many days in his life he had... not just momentous events, but simply all of the days... that were filled with moments, filled with fun, with love, with family, with friends, with events, with daily chores, with "life". I also saw many, many photos of my childhood and I appreciated even more all the blessings I have had in my life.

then I started thinking about the song from RENT, Seasons of love, and was truly touched, tears running down my face...

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, a year in the life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love

Seasons of love (love)
Seasons of love (love)

Five hundred twenty five thousand journeys to plan
How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?

In truths that she learned
Or in times that he cried
In bridges he burned or the way that she died

It's time now, to sing out
Though the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends

Remember the love
(Oh, you got to, you got to remember the love)
Remember the love
(You know that love is a gift from up above)
Remember the love
(Share love, give love, spread love)
Measure in love
(Measure, measure your life in love)

Seasons of love
Seasons of love
(Measure your life, measure your life in love)

Both of those thoughts came together to inspire me to make some changes in my life... not just Healthy changes, but happy changes too. Things to do on a daily basis that will help me become healthier, so I know I can enjoy life more... but along the way... during this journey of weight loss and improved health, I want to enjoy myself and make it a point to do something "happy" everyday. Even if it is simple reflection, or looking out the window at nature.

So much of life is out there for us to enjoy and LIVE!

My uncle enjoyed life and was always cheerful... even in the final days at hospice he always had a smile on his face, was always asking about how we were doing, enjoying sports, even got a new Ipad... he fought hard to keep living,

We all should fight hard to live... and enjoy life!

DD and I were talking about my dear uncle and she told me she too is inspired recently to enjoy each day, and treasure each day. Interesting how we both today shared our thoughts, and she too is doing a similar blog. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with her.

Healthy... going for a walk to enjoy the beautiful evening! I think that actually covers happy too!;) it is a beautiful day outside. First day of autumn, love the cool crisp evenings!

so today, had this great image of just having a joyous and happy day... well... as the day progressed it just kept going downhill... you know that kind of day, just one thing after another goes wrong, to the point where I felt like I was jinxed and had a little dark cloud following me. Haven't had a day like today... very weird.

At the end of the day I went for a walk with DD and DH (healthy choice) and was telling DD about my day. She told me that in her world religions class she learned something today that would help me. She simply asked... "so what went right today?" She said they talked about how people focus on the negative and forget to look at the positives. How true, how true. so I started off listing things that went right today, and I could count more things that went right than wrong. Suddenly my day didn't seem so bad, suddenly I could laugh about my struggles and cherish what was going well.

Sometimes you just have to look at things differently to see things better.

So yes, I did have happy moments... happy I learned something from DD, happy I could list things that went right, happy for another gorgeous day, happy I am on track, happy to be here.

Healthy choices, only ate at dinner until I was full, had a nice long walk, prepared lunch for tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to work harder on my food choices.

Vija It is so good to see you back on the board. I too have been missing a lot in the last few months. My dad died in April and I have been floundering since then. I am seriously thinking of getting back on here and starting a new journal. As much as my dad's death was sad I have had so many wonderful things happen in the last 6 months that it is time I really start to enjoy them before I retire at the end of the school year.

Look for my new journal coming soon.

Again welcome back

Vija It is so good to see you back on the board. I too have been missing a lot in the last few months. My dad died in April and I have been floundering since then. I am seriously thinking of getting back on here and starting a new journal. As much as my dad's death was sad I have had so many wonderful things happen in the last 6 months that it is time I really start to enjoy them before I retire at the end of the school year.

Look for my new journal coming soon.

Again welcome back

Dona,

THANKS for the welcome back, means so much to me. And I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My condolences to you. I really have no words to comfort you, but I hope you can find comfort in those precious memories of your father and then think about how happy and supportive he is of you now, keeping watch over you.

I look forward to reading your journal, please PM me when you start it up, I would love to follow it!

So today was a MUCH better day! It is weird how a few things can affect your entire day, I really am trying hard to keep a positive attitude. That I think will be key throughout this journey, I know things will come bumping me off this path, but if I keep a good mood, and humorous outlook, it will certainly help me.

well, interesting day! we had a meeting at work and I was awarded an award that is pretty cool. You have to be nominated to receive it and they are honestly a bit rare, and I am happy to say that I was nominated by a fellow coworker and I am soooo proud!!!! I really am honored by it and feel great!

in the same meeting, we had some changes announced that will impact vacations/time off during holiday season. not happy because I will never be able to go to Disney during the holiday season again. makes me very sad to see that, and I have to admit that I went home and ate my feelings away. why would I do this to myself??? Seriously??? I had a great shining moment of happiness and recognition and found myself so frustrated by the changes that it overpowered the happy.

have to learn to separate stress and eating.

DS has told me that he refuses to do any type of stress relief other than walking, he has said that he knows that is how people get addictions. I think I will have to take a page out of his book and learn to go for walks when I feel stressed.

stay tuned as I get those walks in!

Hmmm, could that REALLY be my reflection in the window I see???? When I look in the mirror, all I see is a front view and more often then not chest and head, rarely do I see the lower half.

today as I was walking at work I looked over at my reflection in a window and was startled, is that REALLY ME????? I look HUGE! knowing my numbers, I can't be anything but huge, I mean I am seriously overweight, need to loose half of my body weight, but how can that really be me in the window? I am really that big? Do I really walk like I am lumbering along?

Very interesting that I don't see myself the way I really must look. Is it denial, is it something else? How can I not see myself the way I really am in reality? I remember recently seeing a picture of me in a movie theater with my mom next to me, I saw the image, I look about 3 times bigger. I remember wincing at the image and then trying to painfully ignore it.

So what is it going to take for me to really see the dire straits I am in and to get this journey going harder and faster and not just tip toeing along enjoying the roses... I need to put the pedal to the metal:moped: and work harder and longer, in order to enjoy the roses later in life:flower3:

Went for a walk tonight, but need to do more

today I wore my fitbit again. haven't worn it in a week and I am happy to have it back on again. Went for lots of walks, went to an apple orchard and just enjoyed the amazing beautiful fall day! It was really and truly PERFECT weather for a fall day. Of course it couldn't have been perfect... no, no, not when there was family drama created.:rolleyes2 Too bad that tainted such a gorgeous day.

However I was very happy with my fitbit and walked over 16000 steps today!:cool1::cool1: that made me very happy!

so triumphing over the drama and enjoying the activity I got in!:thumbsup2

Went to help DD find a homecoming dress. Went to a store (Deb) and they have lots of beautiful dresses for plus size gals too. Went to try on dresses too, they have cute dresses I could wear for formal night, and now I have an idea of what I need to loose to be able to wear one and feel good about it. I didn't let it get me down, but rather formulated an action plan!

1. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
2. count my calories so I know what I am taking in. But I always get cought up in the calorie counts, so I will write down what I eat, and count up the calorie portion a day later. I think that will help me focus on eating to feel healthy and loose weight and not necessarily focus on the number and if I am over or under, I don't want to play that numbers game.

3. also want to look up something weight loss positive, or mood positive, if not daily, then every other day. I have a pinterest I use for that, so I will utilize it more frequently and post the positive thoughts here...

so for today....

You are entirely up to you.
Make your body.
Make your life.
Make yourself.
~ NikeTrainingClub

Had off of work today, on call, but not called in. So I was productive! Did stuff around the house and went for 2 long walks. it was yet another gorgeous day!!!! Felt great to get the 2 walks in! Food... well, yes, that was a struggle... like the exercise, need help with food control...

Do not give up on your dream because it is not going in the direction you want. there are different routes to the same destination. ~ Kushandwizdom

I just have to find the right route for me!

Hmmm, well... yeahhh.... today not so good. I started out the day great, but sort of fell apart. I wanted to go for a walk after work but ended up on the couch instead. :rolleyes1 with chips:sad2:

Needless to say I did not do calories...

But I did find a VERY motivating quote that really resonated with me to help me refocus.

You messed up your diet and you didn't exercise today - So what? You didn't ruin anything. Get back on track tomorrow. If you have one flat tire, do you slash the other three? Of course not ~ Jillian Michaels

I need to stop slashing the other tires!

Woke up very energized. Did a lot of cleaning, a little reading, logging in and will go do some exercise as soon as I am done with this log.

Happy news to report I am down 3.8 pounds from September 1st. I would like to be down more of course, but am happy and proud of the 3.8. Now onto a new month...

I came across another quote that I LOVE! but I can't find the author now, I did find it on pinterest...

Wake up determined, go to bed satisfied!

I like that a lot, so I am about to go exercise so that I can go to bed tonight satisfied.

And in addition, I want to be determined for this upcoming month and end the month satisfied with a bigger loss than 3.8#!!!!!

Goals for the month

1. Get a mammogram or at least get it scheduled (October everyone... make sure you are all up to date!)
2. Log calories
3. Exercise average of 30 minutes daily (some days I can do more, some days less, so I will try doing the average this month)
4. keep up with my log!

so something happened today that made me REALLY ANGRY!:furious: Can't really talk about it here, unfortunately, as I would love to spill, but can't. but then at lunch time I was reading my horoscope which I rarely do and LOVED it! My quote for the day...
Take control and make whatever changes are necessary to improve your surroundings, your position and your reputation. don't give in to someone who is talking big but doing little. Have confidence in who you are and what you can do.

WOWZER! That was awesome. First part made me realize that I want to take control over what is causing the anger. I know part of the steps to get there include getting healthier and has sort of spurred me on. the next part is not something that really resonates with me. I can think of 2 people that fit that, but nothing that is really upfront in my life. However the last part, it REALLY resonated with me. I should be able to have confidence in me. and I AM a strong lady, I can do a lot, I just have to believe in myself.

The horoscopes can really translate to a lot of areas in our lives, when I read them I usually just laugh it off as they are so generic and don't really pertain, but this one, for some reason really made me think, made me focus and gave me hope.

Good choices today....

No snacking after work
nice walk outside
No snacking after dinner
getting up off the couch and getting some work done!:thumbsup2

Oh.... AND got to talk to DS (off at college) for over an hour today! That would make anyone happy!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter