4 Cheapskates Cruise Alaska - A Trip Report for the Budget Conscious ( Completed 6/9)

Glad the report was useful for your planning. I read loads too before our cruise to get some ideas. Another good hike would be up Mount Roberts in Juneau. It takes you up to Alpine ground. Had we had time after our whale watching, we might have tried that one. maybe next time.... Your teens will have a great cruise. There’s so much to do in Alaska and there were a lot of teens on board, although it was bang smack in the middle of the school holidays. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for sharing your trip!! I'm from the UK, so it's lovely to read a report written by a fellow Brit. My family and I were on the 9-night Alaskan cruise this year :-)

Out of interest, have you had any problems with your ESTA? I know there have been Europeans who have experienced difficulties with US Border Control and Protection not logging their departure. Unfortunately, my family and I have been part of this :sad1:

Thanks for sharing your trip!! I'm from the UK, so it's lovely to read a report written by a fellow Brit. My family and I were on the 9-night Alaskan cruise this year :-)

Out of interest, have you had any problems with your ESTA? I know there have been Europeans who have experienced difficulties with US Border Control and Protection not logging their departure. Unfortunately, my family and I have been part of this :sad1:
Glad you enjoyed the trip report. I actually watched the 9 night cruise return to Canada Place on a very wet morning in Vancouver. Re the ESTA, on the advice from Olav Lover on the thread about the issue here on Disboards, I checked that my departure had been logged. It had, but the place of departure stated unknown ( I assume because we were at sea - the date was the day we crossed from US into Canadian waters). I had heard there were problems with those on the 9 night. Looks like it may have been resolved for our sailing.

This was a great report! I enjoyed your perspective of a "bargain" cruise. We're hoping to sail to Alaska next summer (third times the charm, right?) but won't sail until we can visit Vancouver as most of my extended family lives there, and I have a few friends from summer camp I'd like to catch up with as well. Again, thanks for the great advice and different perspective. (Although my husband is about the opposite of yours...he's a spender and frequently says, "we can always make more money"...if only our jobs agreed! ;) )

For what it's worth, I did the cruise to Bermuda on the Magic in 2019 and LOVED it! I did it without my family so just a girls trip, but it was one of my favorites! Bermuda was beautiful and very hospitable. I'd actually love to take my whole family. (It doesn't hurt we can drive to NYC in a couple of hours, or take a train, so transportation costs are much lower for us!)

Thanks, yes we appreciate we are lucky living in Edinburgh. If you are looking for any tips for your trip next year just let me know.
We love Edinburgh too and have been twice. Taking my son this year on a cruise which stops in Inverness. We are looking at all of the excusrsion options and castles from that port. Which is your favorite castle to visit in that area? We are also going the day before to Edinburgh. This will be my son's firist visit.
I have enjoyed reading about your Alaska cruise which is on our bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts