4-day cruise with teens??

Michigan RN

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have suggestions on things for teens 16-16-14 to keep them busy??
Any ideas on shore excursions that they liked in Bahamas of the PI?

I leave Saturday for a seven day with DD17 Ds15 and DD13. Watch for my trip report aboiut how the teens fared.
I do know that we are ALL very excited right now! DS is usually sullen as a teen hormonally overloaded young man can be- but these days he is just grinning! It is wonderful to see!
I will let you know!

Check DCLs website for teen excursions. They have a Junkanoo Jam on Nassau night---They have a teen beach with a cool "Wildside" Excursion in the morning on Castaway Cay. Sign up really early for this one-60 days out-there's only a few spots. They have scheduled activities on the teen beach in the afternoon.

Check out Barb & Tony's site--they have navigators for teens and you can see all the stuff they planned for the kids on the ship.

http://www.castawayclub.com/

teens love this cruise.. they basically disappear and you are lucky if you can get to see them at meals. It's a big taste of freedom for some as they can't leave the boat so get to do as they please. My kids both loved it (one was teen, one was younger) so much taht after the 4 day, the next time we did the 7 days.. they liked it even better! They meet kids right off and start hanging out ..my daughter was always with a big group... we would set up a time to meet and check in and she had to come have dinner with us.. the hard part was staying up til she got in :). We are going in Feb 04 and my son will be a teen for the first time.. he isn't as outgoing as his sister so will be interesting to see how he does...he is very excited and looking forward to it..

Jeanne:

"DS is usually sullen as a teen hormonally overloaded young man can be- but these days he is just grinning! It is wonderful to see!"

This sent me ROTFL! I have one of those too! And as we just received confirmation on the excursions for our June 21st cruise he has been grinning more and more! This is why I LOVE Disney SO MUCH! The kids reduce (dare I say STOP) the picking on each other and those joyful beings re-emerge!

Deb

My then 15yo son couldn't wait to get on the cruise but didn't really like the idea of any of the excursions when we looked them up on the DCL website. He thought they looked 'dumb'. He agreed to try the scavenger hunt, Junkanoo Jam, Wildside Excursion & everything else the teen club had to offer. Of course he LOVED everything. The club, Common Grounds, is awesome - he says so too.
We're going back this Oct & he can't wait to go. He still corresponds with kids from the last cruise. He'll be 17, but turns 18 the day we're in Castaway Cay. He asked me the other day if this will keep him out of Common Grounds & the excursions & I had to reassure him it wouldn't. He was nervous. H:bounce:
He posted on the Teen DISBoard to seek out other teens going on the same cruise.
Maybe yours could do the same?! If they have any questions - I'm sure he would be happy to speak w/them. Let me know, if so.

We have one DD 16 and one DD will be turning 13 one month after cruising. They really want to be together. Will they allow the younger one to go with teen group? Thanks

How strict are they in keeping kids in their own age groups for activities?

My understanding - from my kids, this Board & DCL - is that they are fairly strict in the age guidlines. They will allow a 'child' to enter a group if they turn the alternate age WITHIN ONE MONTH of the sail date. I'd call DCL & inquire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter