4 days at MK

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
Our group will be doing a 10 day trip and plan to go to MK 4 days.
In planni g which days (as we are sneaking up on the 180 day ADR dates), what should we consider?

1. TP crowd calendar (I've checked and can use if necessary)
2. EMH? Are these readily available right now for October?
3. Closing time (ie: due to mnsshp 2018)?
4. Anything else???

Park time don’t come out until right around the 180ish mark and they can change right up to the week before so Disney likes to make things challenging. I wouldn’t choose every MK day to be in conjunction with a party day but since you are going frequently, I would choose at least one to take advantage of a lower crowd level.

So on parry days crowds should be lower is what you mean?
We are also doing a party day too so the party day we will not do anything else that day (rest and relaxation at the rental!).
We could certain my choose another party day as one of the days since we will have three other days to catch the fireworks and later hours.
Thanks!

The crowds at MK are lower on party days since people don’t want to go to a park that their hours in the park are cut short.

Park hours, party days, and EMH factor into what days I go to a particular park.

The OTHER factors I consider:

1. When is it realistic for me (and any traveling companions) to get to the park in the morning and how late we can stay awake in the evening? For example - I can handle very late hours one day with rope drop the next day - with the plan of leaving the parks after lunch. I might plan that schedule for me on a solo trip. However - I would never plan that with my most common travel companions - they would never make it to RD after a late night.

2. What meals are important to me/the group? I typically book one ADR per day. Sometimes that a character meal for early park entrance, sometimes that is late breakfast or early lunch, sometimes its an early dinner, sometimes its timed as late as possible at MK on a party day as the last thing I will do before leaving the park on a day I'm not headed to the party. Etc. I rarely let ADR's dictate which park I am headed to for the day - but on occasion - they have.

I don't use crowd calendars or and touring plans that cost money. Some folks swear by them - I see them as a waste of money.

We had 4 days at MK on my trip this past Nov/Dec,we RD 3 party days then hopped to another park around 4:00, and we got a lot done. We did one non party day and it was insane. We focused on one section of the park each day, just thoroughly taking it in. And 4 days there gives you at least 12 FPS which is great.

In planni g which days (as we are sneaking up on the 180 day ADR dates), what should we consider?
Because both park hours and EMH are not released until after the 180 ADR date and factor in that even when they come out park hours will change and can changed even as close as a couple weeks from your trip. Your best way to attack the dining reservations is to book a couple for each day.

So for example -- if you are a toss up between Epcot and MK for a particular day -- then book a reservations at both. You can make your dining reservations as close as an hour and 15 minutes apart. Which means you could make a BOG dinner reservation for 5:00 and then another reservation at Epcot at 6:15. Then as the park hours are released and you have a better handle on where you will be you can just cancel what you don't need (sooner than later so you don't hold up reservations you won't use).

As for how to choose which park -- If you have park hoppers you could do morning at MK when they are having a party and then hop to another park for the evening. This is typically the best advice. And vise-versa If you want to see the evening fireworks at MK then go to another park for the morning and then go to MK for the evening. If you can swing it book a HEA dessert party so that you don't have to fight the crowds for a spot to see the fire works. My family is doing one for our April trip, certainly not a busy time but we want to know we have a spot and space with our kids vs staking out a spot an hour or two and fighting to keep our space.

The crowds at MK are lower on party days since people don’t want to go to a park that their hours in the park are cut short.

FWIW, we went to MK for three days when each day was a party day. By arriving at RD, we got everything done we wanted to do, and then some, by the time the party crowds came in. We found that going on party days was actually more enjoyable than going on non-party days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!