4 months, 22 pounds....and a Goofy race goal 7 years in the making(comments welcome)

irishtwins1112

Mouseketeer
What better day than Mother's Day to start a journal. :thumbsup2

I have always struggled with my weight. Always! I went from 262 to 156 on weight watchers from 2005 to 2007 and then crept back up and hung out at 180 or so for a long time.
12-2008 Got engaged
5-2009 Got married (191)
Got pregnant with DS (3)....(235 by delivery 4-11)
Got pregnant 3 months later with DS(2) (278 by delivery 4-12)
6 week checkup after DS (2) was born (262 6-12)
I joined the local YMCA that week and my mom signed me up for Marathon weekend 2013 for motivation to get back to my active self. I lost down to 242 by marathon weekend. I had an injury fall of 2012 and knew I probably would not finish the race but I went anyway. I got swept at 17.5 miles. To read my race report go here : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3048489 I am glad I at least tried. Since then I have lost to 221.8 (as of today). I am hitting it hard this summer because I want this weight off and to be under 200 by September. I have a USVI vacation in September with my husband and then the Goofy training will really kick into high gear.

I'm not going to lie........this day sucks. I am having some "womanly" issues. I got ready to go to the y this morning with the kiddos and I remembered that my mom is coming from out of town for today. I always do better with exercise in the morning ......if I wait until later in the day I make up excuses. Today is a wash for exercise until the husband gets home to watch the kids. Eating hasn't been too bad this morning. My plan is to get in some exercise this evening.........Preferably an outdoor run this evening.

Last week sucked. I had some back issues all week. At my chiropractic appointment the Dr said that I should lay off of cardio for a while so I gave it the week. My SI joint on the right side has been giving me terrible pain. Thankfully, since following her advice, it has been much better. Here are my stats for today's short run.

Exercise:
Type: Walk/Run
Time: 32 minutes
Total Distance: 2.26 miles
Average Pace: 14:15mpm:cool1:
Intervals: Walk 45 seconds/Run 15 seconds
Feelings: Other than it feeling like I was running on the surface of the sun:furious:.....it was a good run. The first half I felt that the running interval was too short but during the second half I liked it. The run was never so long that I felt I needed to cut it short:thumbsup2 (which happens if I go over a minute on my run intervals). I am gonna play around with it and see. I might see if a 40/20 would be better on my next run, which should be Thursday.

Food:
Not the best day but I did pretty good with resisting extra sugar today. I had a good protein breakfast plus a banana. Lunch was 2 whoppers with no bun. It should have just been one (the calories were a lot higher than I thought they would be for just meat and vegetables). In the sugar department I had an orange julius (small from dq). Maybe not the best thing ever but one of the better choices when you are at dairy queen and want something sweet. I also had two small zim zam dark chocolates with sea salt. I am currently eating a small pack of plantain chips and that will probably be it the rest of the day. I am feeling nauseated and I have a headache:sick:. I also avoided getting a coke icee despite peer pressure from my family, lol:rotfl2:.

Myfitnesspal says I am under by 50 calories today when I count my exercise calories. If anyone wants to be my friend send me a message and I will send you my log in.

In other news, I feel like I am going to soon drown in all the laundry:sad2:. I don't know how a family of four can generate so many dirty clothes:confused3..........

Yesterday started with donuts and ended with pizza. But I did have pork tederloin and veggies for lunch......so that's something. Not enough to lose the weight I need to :furious:. Today is a new day so clinging to that. I had some stomach problems last night from the pizza. I have ulcerative colitis so I have to deal with the ramifications of eating the wrong foods sometimes.

Type: Aqua yoga/ Elliptical
Duration: 55 minutes/30 minutes.
Feelings: I really like the aqua yoga. It felt good on my back. The elliptical made some popping happen and I am afraid may have strained my back.

Headed to the chiropractor today. I think I am going to lay off exercise today because of my back pain.

Last Th I did a 2+ mile run with an average 14:30 pace(45 second walk/15 second run). Since last week went well....I tried out 30/30 this monday just to see how it felt. It sucked. I ended up with about a 15 mpm pace doing 30/30. So I will be sticking with the 45/15 for now. Yesterday I did a walk with intervals of faster walking. It wasn't bad. I am feeling good about my pace and am thinking it will only get better from here. Getting to the gym has been hard because my kids have been ill on and off. Thankfully my hubby has been available to watch them for a few of my runs.

How is your training going? I am also a mom of 2 boys and am training for the Disney Marathon. (I'm not trying for the goofy though)

Keep up the great work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter