4 or 5 park days?

Haley R

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry, I know I post on here probably far too often, but I keep thinking of new things to ask. We were planning on only doing 4 park days at TDR, but now that I think about it I'm wondering if we should do 5. We will get to the Hilton on a Sunday around 2-3 pm and I was planning to just hang out and rest then do Ikspiari and an after 6 ticket the next day. Now I'm wondering if we should do Ikspiari that first night and do a whole park day that next day. Is 5 days too much in the parks? Does that sound doable?

If we did do 5 days, how would we structure that with tickets since they only go up to 4 day passes?

If you don't know if you want 5 days or not, buy the 4 day ticket and then decide on your 4th day if you're going to buy another ticket for the next day. If you know for a fact that you'll want 5 days, buy the 1 day ticket for the 1st day so that you don't feel restricted on your last day without park hopping.

There's plenty of interesting things to do near the resort or in Tokyo so it will depend on how much you think you'd enjoy the parks for another day vs doing other things nearby. I would definitely do it if I was hitting 2 different seasonal events but probably not if I was going at a time when there was no seasonal entertainment. I don't think 5 days is too much in terms of running out of things to do but for many people, it will be hard to have enough stamina to fill all 5 days with activities.

If you don't know if you want 5 days or not, buy the 4 day ticket and then decide on your 4th day if you're going to buy another ticket for the next day. If you know for a fact that you'll want 5 days, buy the 1 day ticket for the 1st day so that you don't feel restricted on your last day without park hopping.

There's plenty of interesting things to do near the resort or in Tokyo so it will depend on how much you think you'd enjoy the parks for another day vs doing other things nearby. I would definitely do it if I was hitting 2 different seasonal events but probably not if I was going at a time when there was no seasonal entertainment. I don't think 5 days is too much in terms of running out of things to do but for many people, it will be hard to have enough stamina to fill all 5 days with activities.
So the 5th day would have to be our first day because we’re definitely doing the parks Tuesday through Friday. Monday would be our “extra” day if we decide to go that route. We’re already doing 5 days in Tokyo so I’m wondering if there’s a reason to go back for just a day. I haven’t found anything yet that we would want to go see that day that’s why I wasn’t sure if we should just do the parks another day

If you've already done what you want in Tokyo then doing another Disney day would probably make sense. Ikspiari often has some small performances during the day but I'd take another ride on Journey to the Center of the Earth over that. If you didn't make time for any other zoos or aquariums during your trip, Kasai Rinkai Kouen could be worth a short visit. They also have a Ferris Wheel there which could be cool but the view from the Ferris Wheels in Fuji-Q and Cosmoworld in Yokohama are better though. Lalaport is more convenient from Disney area than from Tokyo but it's just another large mall. The Pokemon Center there is pretty large if anyone in your group is into that but there's Pokemon Centers elsewhere in Tokyo so not a big deal either.

So there's enough to fill a day but I don't consider any of these as "must see" items. If price were not a factor, I'd pick Disney any day but the other options could be inexpensive alternatives. The other options also make it more convenient to have mall food which could feel more "Japanese" than theme park food if you aren't dining at Hokusai.

If you've already done what you want in Tokyo then doing another Disney day would probably make sense. Ikspiari often has some small performances during the day but I'd take another ride on Journey to the Center of the Earth over that. If you didn't make time for any other zoos or aquariums during your trip, Kasai Rinkai Kouen could be worth a short visit. They also have a Ferris Wheel there which could be cool but the view from the Ferris Wheels in Fuji-Q and Cosmoworld in Yokohama are better though. Lalaport is more convenient from Disney area than from Tokyo but it's just another large mall. The Pokemon Center there is pretty large if anyone in your group is into that but there's Pokemon Centers elsewhere in Tokyo so not a big deal either.

So there's enough to fill a day but I don't consider any of these as "must see" items. If price were not a factor, I'd pick Disney any day but the other options could be inexpensive alternatives. The other options also make it more convenient to have mall food which could feel more "Japanese" than theme park food if you aren't dining at Hokusai.
We’re doing the aquarium in Osaka since I heard that one’s supposed to be pretty cool. We don’t have plans to go to any Pokémon centers but we are going to a Pokémon cafe!

I guess I just wanted someone to tell me it was okay to go to tdr for 5 days lol. Money isn’t a factor because we’ve already paid for the majority of this trip on points. I think we will go ahead and do the 5 days. I’m thinking the first day will just be a 1 day ticket and then start our 4-day passes the next day. How does that sound?

Yea Day 1 = 1 day ticket, Day 2-5 = 4 day ticket. That way, you get the park hopper on Day 4 and 5. If the other way around, Day 5 is not a park hopper.

Last edited:
Yea Day 1 = 1 day ticket, Day 2-5 = 4 day ticket. That way, you get the park hopper on Day 4 and 5. If the other way around, Day 5 is not a park hopper.
Do you have any advice for the order we should do the parks in on our non park hopping days?

Doesn't matter although you have to specify which park you're going on Day 1 & 2 on your 4 day ticket when you buy it

I'd suggest waiting until you get there to decide if you want to go for a full fifth day or just for the evening or not at all. By that point in your trip you might find you'd like to spend an afternoon napping rather than hitting a park. But No matter how many days you go I'd start with DisneySea.

I'd suggest waiting until you get there to decide if you want to go for a full fifth day or just for the evening or not at all. By that point in your trip you might find you'd like to spend an afternoon napping rather than hitting a park. But No matter how many days you go I'd start with DisneySea.
We won’t buy tickets until that Sunday when we are at ikspiari. We plan to buy them at the Disney store there. Right now I’m going to plan on 5 days but like you said it’s very possible we might be too tired. Our Kyoto part of our stay is super busy

The Disney Store in Ikspiari doesn't sell tickets. You can get tickets at the ticket center downstairs in Ikspiari or the ticket booths in front of the park. I personally would alternate parks: Sea, Land, Sea, hop x2. For the hopping days, it'll depend on the entertainment and Fastpasses you want. If you want Toy Story Mania FP, you need to start in DisneySea. It could also make sense to try the show lotteries in Disneyland and stay if you win but hop over if you don't have tickets for the shows. Park hopping takes 30-40 minutes but I do it all the time to see the seasonal entertainment as much as possible. I also often sandwich by grabbing evening Fastpasses in DisneySea in the morning and then go back to use them after the fireworks in Disneyland.

The Disney Store in Ikspiari doesn't sell tickets. You can get tickets at the ticket center downstairs in Ikspiari or the ticket booths in front of the park. I personally would alternate parks: Sea, Land, Sea, hop x2. For the hopping days, it'll depend on the entertainment and Fastpasses you want. If you want Toy Story Mania FP, you need to start in DisneySea. It could also make sense to try the show lotteries in Disneyland and stay if you win but hop over if you don't have tickets for the shows. Park hopping takes 30-40 minutes but I do it all the time to see the seasonal entertainment as much as possible. I also often sandwich by grabbing evening Fastpasses in DisneySea in the morning and then go back to use them after the fireworks in Disneyland.
My bad. I knew there was somewhere in Ikspirari you could get tickets. I need to make a note of that so I don't forget.

We won't be going for TSM. We don't really like that ride much in the states. The only reason I'll be going near the ride is for a picture of that awesome Woody head lol. I think if we do decide to do the 5 days we will do what you said and start with Sea, Land, Sea then hop the last two days. It definitely will depend on what we get done the first two or three days. I have a feeling we might be super tired and decide to only do 4 days, but we'll see how we feel at that point. Our Kyoto days are so long and filled with tons of walking.

Okay Dh and I decided we are going to plan on our first day being a rest day. If we get there and feel okay we may add another day on, but our last Kyoto day has TONS of walking and we will probably need to rest our feet.

If you're resting around TDR, it could be worthwhile visiting at least the lobbies of the hotels. You can see the fireworks quite nicely outside of the Disneyland Hotel (or even inside the Dreamer's Lounge but I think there's too much glare/reflection from the windows).

If you're resting around TDR, it could be worthwhile visiting at least the lobbies of the hotels. You can see the fireworks quite nicely outside of the Disneyland Hotel (or even inside the Dreamer's Lounge but I think there's too much glare/reflection from the windows).
That’s a good idea! I didn’t think to do that. Could we eat at one of them for dinner?

My two cents haha... For me 4 days are more than enough to enjoy both parks...5 seems a bit much, I would prefere to add it to Tokyo or somewhere else. But I'm a fan of Japan first and then Disney. :)

My two cents haha... For me 4 days are more than enough to enjoy both parks...5 seems a bit much, I would prefere to add it to Tokyo or somewhere else. But I'm a fan of Japan first and then Disney. :)
We already have 5 days in Tokyo so I think we should be good there. Honestly the main reason I want to go to Japan is for Disney. Dh is going for the food lol. I’m hoping we get enough out of it in 4 days. Either way we will very likely be going back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!