10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

I have another very fun update for everyone!!! I just made reservations for the Dessert Party at MK on November 6th!!! I figured with having my 2 year old niece with Joe and I, we won't have to fight for a spot in front of the castle, and we can enjoy some yummy treats before HEA begins!!!! This is something I have wanted to do for a loooong time, so I'm glad I went ahead and booked it this afternoon!!!

I have another very fun update for everyone!!! I just made reservations for the Dessert Party at MK on November 6th!!! I figured with having my 2 year old niece with Joe and I, we won't have to fight for a spot in front of the castle, and we can enjoy some yummy treats before HEA begins!!!! This is something I have wanted to do for a loooong time, so I'm glad I went ahead and booked it this afternoon!!!

SOUNDS great! We haven't done the Dessert Party in a long time but I'm sure it will be awesome! Enjoy!

Good morning! I'm up bright and early, about to head to work...But, I have a little time to talk about November's trip...We picked out our MagicBand colors. Resort is booked, air is booked, rental car is booked (and it will be free, because we have gift cards) and hotel is booked in St Pete. All our dining reservations have been made, and I will be buying out tickets to MK next weekend...So, I feel we are off to a good start...
You are so ahead of me. I have the hotel and airfares, but absolutely nothing else taken care of. To include tickets, but that is on the list for this week!

Sounds like an awesome idea!

You are so ahead of me. I have the hotel and airfares, but absolutely nothing else taken care of. To include tickets, but that is on the list for this week!

Sounds like an awesome idea!

I haven't gotten our MK tickets yet either...I'm planning on that this weekend. I thought I should book the dessert party first, because those reservations never stick around...

Good morning friends! Not much to report. My twins started their senior year yesterday...that was a bit hard to stomach. I can't believe they will both be in college next year! My preemie babies are all grown up...:sad:
Timmy starts his Junior year in college at the end of the month. He's majoring in Mass Communications, and hopes to work for the MOUSE in some capacity...
Matt is in Cincinnati, where he's a nurse. He works with kids and newborns who have had heart surgeries. Kari, his girlfriend works at the same hospital he does.

As far as Disney updates, I plan to buy MK tickets for our short stay in November, this weekend. Then, that trip is pretty much all planned and booked. I hope there's nothing more I end up changing...8-)

Good morning! Well, I finally bought our MK tickets this morning...
So, to recap:
Trip Dates: 11/5-11/8
Where: 1 night in St Pete at my sister's beautiful home, followed by 2 nights at the Contemporary Resort/water view, ending with our final night at the Avalon Hotel in downtown St Pete.
Who: Myself, Joe, my wonderful hubby and my niece, Gia (She's becoming a Disney vet, for this will be her 4th trip this year and she will be 2 Oct 23rd).
Dining: At WDW, we have reservations at the following restaurants: Citricos (dinner), Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), Skipper Canteens (dinner), and Homecomin' (lunch). We are also hoping to hit up Geyser Point for our arrival lunch...
Parks: 1 day at MK with the dessert party added for a great view and yummy treats...

So, that about wraps all the planning up. It will be short but sweet!!!!!
Now, just some clothes shopping to finish...:rainbow:

Last edited:
Finally catching up :cheer2:

What did you order from Skippers that you really enjoyed???
Well I ended up ordering two apps I couldn't decide between: the Falafel which I believe is still on the menu and I loved, and the arepas which I think are gone and replaced with something somewhat similar?? I thought both were delicious! Steve order a steak salad and was not impressed, and I told him that's what he got for ordering a regular old salad with some steak on top lol. I know Kari @kastoney has eaten there a few times and they always enjoy everything they get, so maybe she can chime in with some faves :D

We can book fastpasses soon too, sadly I don't know the date, and worse yet I don't have tickets yet. I should probably get on that :P
I have no words......................

We are now staying at the Contemporary Resort!!!!!
:thumbsup2 I used to have no interest in staying here but now I've changed my mind and want to try it sometime. And so cool our trips overlap! Really hoping for a quick Dismeet :goodvibes

November 5th-Arrival will still be at Geyser Point for a late breakfast/early lunch, but dinner will now be at CITRICOS!!!! I am VERY excited to try this restaurant, because of all the positive reviews I've read...Plus, Joe and I can enjoy a few cocktails, and our hotel is only a monorail ride away...(Unless it breaks down).:P
This sounds like an awesome food day because GP is great and you know how I feel about Citricos. We're going to eat there in Nov. also because we really missed it last week. When you go, if you feel like it ask to sit in Rony's section!

Great idea! Having done 2 dessert parties we aren't the biggest fans food-wise, but you can't beat them for getting a good spot for viewing. And with little ones it's usually totally worth it.

Good morning friends! Not much to report. My twins started their senior year yesterday...that was a bit hard to stomach. I can't believe they will both be in college next year!
I don't even want to think that far ahead :( Ricky has two more years in HS and I want them to go slooooooooooooooooow.......................

This sounds like an awesome food day because GP is great and you know how I feel about Citricos. We're going to eat there in Nov. also because we really missed it last week. When you go, if you feel like it ask to sit in Rony's section!

The Geyser Point menu looks so good! I thought it would be a great place for our arrival day lunch.
We have dinner at Citricos on November 5th at 6pm. Maybe we could meet for a quick cocktail at Mizners before dinner, depending on your plans??????

FP time is right around the corner...Since Joe and I will have Gia with us, we need to scale down and pick attractions that she will love. Her favorite ride is definitely Little Mermaid, but there's really no need to get a FP for that one. She also loved Peter Pan, so that warrants one. I think I will also try to get a Jungle Cruise FP, like in July and one for Talking Mickey. Joe and I are also going to take Gia to meet Ariel. She was absolutely mesmerized with Anna and Elsa over the summer, so I know Ariel will be a big hit. Finally, we are planning on taking her on Dumbo, the Flying Carpets of Aladdin and to see those fun loving parrots in the Tiki Room...All 3 of these we missed over the 4th.

We have dinner at Citricos on November 5th at 6pm. Maybe we could meet for a quick cocktail at Mizners before dinner, depending on your plans?????
I will keep that in mind since we're definitely doing Citricos! Once I work out our plans I will be in touch. Whether it's on the 5th or another day we shall meet up :thumbsup2
and to see those fun loving parrots in the Tiki Room...All 3 of these we missed over the 4th.
We did the Tiki Room this trip on Chris's request, he didn't remember ever doing it. It had been a few years since we did it and he LOVED it! I was so happy, t makes me smile when something "new" thrills my sarcastic, complaining 11 year old lol

I will keep that in mind since we're definitely doing Citricos! Once I work out our plans I will be in touch. Whether it's on the 5th or another day we shall meet up :thumbsup2

I hope it works out! That would be a lot of fun!!!!

We did the Tiki Room this trip on Chris's request, he didn't remember ever doing it. It had been a few years since we did it and he LOVED it! I was so happy, t makes me smile when something "new" thrills my sarcastic, complaining 11 year old lol

Hey, the Tiki Room is a Disney classic! Chris has excellent taste.

Oh disney through the eyes of a little one, how I miss those days. Be sure to take your niece to see the Country Bears too. Still one of Casey's favorites.

Oh disney through the eyes of a little one, how I miss those days. Be sure to take your niece to see the Country Bears too. Still one of Casey's favorites.

Oh yes!!! I actually just saw that for the first time a few years ago...Very cute!
Honestly, my kids are 25, 21 and 17, so it's nice to have Gia, to experience the "magic" again...Plus, it gives me another reason to keep going back...

Good morning! Had some time before work, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello!

It's starting to get chilly in the morning, which means winter is just around the corner...In Illinois, we go from summer to snow, with a very short fall in between...

We will be in Florida in 72 days...Disney in 73...

Sitting on my deck drinking some wine and reading this and its 73 and perfect!!!! Short fall or not I'm (hopefully) happy to have the summer humidity behind us

Sitting on my deck drinking some wine and reading this and its 73 and perfect!!!! Short fall or not I'm (hopefully) happy to have the summer humidity behind us

AHHH...Aren't you on the east coast???? Have only been to New Jersey and New York, but would love to visit all those tiny states in the upper NE corner...A glass of wine sounds good right about now...Think I'll pour myself a glass as well...CHEERS KARI!!!

Yep, we are on the East Coast but a little further south in VA right outside of DC but its turned fall-like here already. Looks like it may stick so fingers crossed for lots more nights of wine and cool air outside :-)

Real Life Update
Calling all Dr. Who fans

And no, I'm not one of them...
Joe, Tim and Ashley went to Comic Con today and met a few of their favs...
Ali and I stayed home and did some on line shopping...8-)
IMG_0999.JPG IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1002.JPG IMG_1003.JPG

Fast Pass day is coming up this week...So excited to get this done...I'm hoping for Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and perhaps a meet with talking Mickey or a ride in a honey pot...
This trip is totally centered around my niece Gia, so there won't be any thrill rides in store for Joe and I. But, that's quite all right! This is all about spending time with her and spoiling her like only an auntie and uncle can do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts