4 Year Old on Splash Mountain?

My very short 5YO and tall 9YO went on it last year and both were terrified.

However, both now say they would do it again, and we almost talked the 5YO into doing it again whewn we there.

They were both scared by the "hidden drop" in the middle of the ride.

There are 3 drops - the first one you see as you come around a bend, and then do it - it is quite tame, but the 2nd occurrs in the dark without warning. This totally freaked them out, more so than the big drop at the end.

My daughter just turned 5 and she LOVED the ride....on Saturday morning we stayed on twice without getting off! We had early entry....It was her fav ride.....You can if she is scared sit in the back of the log,as there is two seats.The only part is you get wetter back there......The first time on it she sat with me ,next zillion times she was in a seat in front....Loved it...She also loved the matterhorn,thunder mountain..........so get ready for some fun....

My ds (4 yr old) finally did Splash at WDW during our Xmas trip this year. He had never wanted to go at DL, but finally tried BTMR and Splash at WDW. He liked BTMRR much better as the big drop was scary for him.

Fast forward a few months to May DL visit. He now loves Matterhorn, Splash, Big Thunder and has no hesitation to go on them. I think that they know what they can handle and I never push him to try something he is not wanting to do (like ToT). But he still won't go on Pirates again yet - it scares him to death!!! I keep trying to convince him that the drops are much smaller than Splash but it traumatized him when he was about 2 years old and has never wanted to do it again.

And, yes, his favorite part is SCREAMING on Splash - I feel sorry for anyone who sits in front of him!

We did it with our DD4 last year. This is a tough one, because she loved the characters and music, but hated the drop. Good luck- I hope YOU get to ride it. It is fantastic!

Another note of caution about the drops in the middle! The big drop they can see, prepare for, etc... but the drop in the ride, in the dark can really catch them off gaurd. It's not huge - but big enough to catch your attention and get you wet. The first time our son rode Splash he was 4 - the big drop didn't scare him at all, but he wouldn't ride it again because daddy hadn't warned him about the "dark drop" (daddy didn't remember that one....). You'll know it's coming - it'll get dark and you'll hear the people in front of you screaming! It'll drop, go up a bit, and then drop again - sort of a whop-de-do, lots of fun when you know what to expect!

I can remember the first time I rode Splash and wasn't expecting that drop in the dark... :earseek:

I will definitly remember to warn DD of that if she decides to try it!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter