40th Bday - Universal & RPR - last minute plans are the best plans

Sunday 23rd September

We slept well last night, and seem to be over any JetLag, I think the sun was up by the time we woke up. Coffee in the machine in the room, they only give you one capsule each, we kept meaning to ask for more but never did remember

We had some cereal and we were showered, sunscreened and out by 9am. The beauty of having express pass is not having to rush all the time

We walked again to city walk, I think we walked 90% of the time, mainly because we always came out of Tower 2 which walks around Jakes and then you're at the Pool gates. If we went to the boat it felt like going backwards. Strange Theory but we stuck to it.

I walk really fast, it's just me I always have but Rob is more leisurely paced. Now as I was feeling better the child in me was now present so I was practically running this morning and it was killing me to keep waiting for Rob. He kept laughing at me and telling me "We're on holiday" :):)

We had a couple of photos inside and outside the park today with our star package card, its a little frustrating some of the photographers make you take the paper card out of the little plastic covering. But others just ask you to remove it from your lanyard

61699_092318_000841788.JPG
61699_092318_000841875.JPG

Instead of heading left as we often do towards Hulk, we decided to go right towards Seuss Land, I love this area, I read every Suess book as a kid and Universal have done it so well here. We went on The Cat in the Hat, it was hilarious we were the only people there, the TM's looked bemused! What a long ride, it must be awesome for kids, but we mostly laughed and chatted on the quite long ride. Nice and fun, and cool compared to the boiling heat outside. We then went on the trolley train ride and we had the front row and the entire train to ourselves! Such Fun! The views are spectacular up here

Trolley.jpg
Views.jpg

We wandered up past Poseidons Fury, we didn't do it this trip, we meant to we just forgot (which is easy to do)

Next was Forbidden Journey, again just one of us went to the lockers, today it was my turn. Today I was met with countless family and friend groups, people with huge backpacks (still on their backs) seriously people. It's always such a relief to leave that locker area

His best is photo moment ever is on Men In Black 3 years ago, it looked like he was having the worst time but the photo had just caught him at a funny moment

We then walked away as we often did before realising our bag was still in the locker haha

Time for Jurassic Park, I will never ever get bored of the moment the gates open up and the theme music plays. Takes me straight back to high school, I was in the school band and we had a charity event for the premiere of the movie in the cinema and every screen was showing Jurassic park and we played the theme song in the foyer. Boring I know but was huge at the time.

Anyways...We were in the 3rd row, and I remember trying to hide my feet under the seat in front (this works) as I had my new skechers on and they needed to stay dry. We put our hands up but ended up with the Tyranasaurus rex little arms :):)

61410_092318_000064286.JPG

And last ride for now was Skull island, the is I would say exactly the same as fast & the Furious, they must have got a 2 rides for one deal :) If you only have a couple of people its quite spacious but if they try and fit 6 people along the row its very tight. We were right in the middle and I remember holding on as I kept bashing into the person beside me

We had decided to spend the afternoon having lunch on IDrive and seeing where the afternoon took us

As we didn't need anything else we walked straight through Citywalk and down and out of our Universal bubble, OMG it was so HOT (I say now as here in London it's now just 12 degrees!) we walked along the busy road and then along I Drive. We had bought a 3 day IDRive pass from the Guest services desk. She said just show this and they will exchange for a an ITrolley ticket. Soon enough one came down and stopped for us. Rob was on first and the guy (who must have been in his 60's) looked at the ticket like it was written in Chinese. It said 3 Day ITrolley ticket and Universal Resort. He claimed that Universal and ITrolley had nothing in conjunction with each other and we explained RPR sold tickets which we can exchange here. He denied this and said it didn't exist but said "Just get on" so we did with our redundant tickets. It was so embarrassing as everyone on that bus just stared, Oh well. We were sure it was just him being stubborn and you could tell he probably voted for Trump!

We got off at stop 17 or 18 and walked over to Millers Ale house. We had had drink and snacks here last trip and were keen to try lunch as well. We walked in via the open air front and walked to the back of the restaurant. It wasn't busy so they showed us to a booth.
We started with a Beer each, our server was lovely but very "in your face and loud" but we both thought she is just doing her job. I am tragic with a menu, I am Libran so deciding anything is a challenge and the menu's in America are so extensive. We agreed to share some Chicken wings and thought do half hot for Rob and half Normal for me, but they only do that if you order 20 wings, we just wanted 10. So we ordered 10 medium, they were good!

For Main, I ordered Salmon (I still regret this) it was served with mash and veg but the salmon was overcooked and very bland. It's my own fault but I wish I'd got something else. Rob had a steak which he really enjoyed as I looked on enviously. (He did share some) We also ordered a couple of cocktails, can't remember but they were decent.

20180923_122719.jpg

We paid up and gave a good tip to our server, I did wonder how much of that was her and how much was for the tip. Either way I'd prefer they be good than ignore us.

We popped over to Walgreens to have a browse (I love shopping in other countries supermarkets) and topped up our supplies of Junk, and got a card for our friend who is checking up on Jackson while we are away.

I needed to order an Uber but had no Wifi and Vodafone charge £6 a day to use my 4G so we walked back over to Millers and sat on the seat out front, logged into their WiFi and ordered an Uber, it was there in under a minute and cost $5
Back to the resort, we had a quick dip in the pool and then to the room to chill before HHN tonight

We had one more house to do tonight which was Carnival Graveyard so we planned on doing this first. This was via the Fallon queue. Great house, not a favourite but really well done and some good scares.

We decided to eat at the Richter Burger Company, never been here before, never even walked inside but wasn't too busy and the food looked good. It was a great burger and fries. And was really chilled away from the hectic-ness of HHN.

I am at a loss what we did for the remainder of the night, don't have any photo evidence either. I am pretty sure we did a couple of other houses then made our way home. A full on day

Oh I was thinking of you today Matt!!!

Had hoped it would go well...….plenty of pain relief and I`m sure Rob will look after you well!! Sending many hugs as always...…..

Will still be watching for updates though :rolleyes1 :wave2:

Yes unfortunately as is my luck with teeth, the tooth had curved roots so it wasn't a simple extraction, was like the dentist in little shop of horrors except he was actually a really nice guy.

I got another day out there, painkillers are working a treat!

WOW!!! Someone who enjoyed Richter Burger...….lol...….glad to hear it was good for you...…

Oh folks with backpacks that wouldn't be amiss climbing Kilimanjaro!!!! I struggle to understand who needs that much stuff at a theme park day out!!! Even worse when they forget they have it on and bash you!!! Soap box moment Matt.....lol....

You had a good day....I can visualize you as excited as a five year old wanting to get to the parks and Rob being more sedate.....lol......parks look so good.....

Very weird with the ITrolley tickets!!! Never been to that Millers Ale House...…..the one on Kirkman is good too for next time......very local. It`s a shame your salmon was overdone.....hate that!!! I love snooping around American supermarkets too!!!! Things you can buy that we need a prescription for!!!

Oh that sounds painful with curved roots...….but, hope it`s on the mend now!!!

Love JP too.....and you really made me giggle with the Tr rex little arms comment.....I`m so going to steal that line!!! ::yes::

WOW!!! Someone who enjoyed Richter Burger...….lol...….glad to hear it was good for you...…

Oh folks with backpacks that wouldn't be amiss climbing Kilimanjaro!!!! I struggle to understand who needs that much stuff at a theme park day out!!! Even worse when they forget they have it on and bash you!!! Soap box moment Matt.....lol....

You had a good day....I can visualize you as excited as a five year old wanting to get to the parks and Rob being more sedate.....lol......parks look so good.....

Very weird with the ITrolley tickets!!! Never been to that Millers Ale House...…..the one on Kirkman is good too for next time......very local. It`s a shame your salmon was overdone.....hate that!!! I love snooping around American supermarkets too!!!! Things you can buy that we need a prescription for!!!

Oh that sounds painful with curved roots...….but, hope it`s on the mend now!!!

Love JP too.....and you really made me giggle with the Tr rex little arms comment.....I`m so going to steal that line!!! ::yes::

Oh not a fan of Richter Burger Co? I thought it was simple (standard) park food but the burgers tasted freshly made and we liked the option to choose your own additions and we love a condiment section, mayo and sauce forever! and it was so peaceful compared to outside so that helped

Yes the drugs you can get, only due to my current situation Tylenol PM is like a god send, pain reliever and something to help sleep!

Yeah we got some funny pics with the photo package, wait till you see the Men in Black one with the girl who didn't use her gun!

Oh not a fan of Richter Burger Co? I thought it was simple (standard) park food but the burgers tasted freshly made and we liked the option to choose your own additions and we love a condiment section, mayo and sauce forever! and it was so peaceful compared to outside so that helped

Yes the drugs you can get, only due to my current situation Tylenol PM is like a god send, pain reliever and something to help sleep!

Yeah we got some funny pics with the photo package, wait till you see the Men in Black one with the girl who didn't use her gun!

Thank goodness we have Tylenol in our lives!!!! lol...…..

Look forward to the pics and OMG...…..I was that person who didn't lift the gun to annoy a guy who asked if we were good one time......he was a little odd and seemed to be highly competitive...….:rotfl:

Last time we went to Richter Burger most of it went in the trash and had a funny tummy later!!! :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!