45 days out and nothing from RCCL

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
So we're 45 days out until our first cruise with RCCL to Alaska on Ovations of the Sea. We're excited but wondering if we're supposed to receive some kind of package from RCCL such as how DCL sends out a cruise package with your cruise information and luggage tags. Does RCCL do something similar?

I guess we're hoping that this mailing may confirm some things for us such as formal night dinners. Otherwise, does anyone know where I can find this information because my wife is asking so she knows how to plan her outfits. Also, curious about dining. I know we made a time selection when we booked but it's been so long, I'm hoping this mailing would confirm our time and that we're sitting together without anybody else at the table.

So we're 45 days out until our first cruise with RCCL to Alaska on Ovations of the Sea. We're excited but wondering if we're supposed to receive some kind of package from RCCL such as how DCL sends out a cruise package with your cruise information and luggage tags. Does RCCL do something similar?

I guess we're hoping that this mailing may confirm some things for us such as formal night dinners. Otherwise, does anyone know where I can find this information because my wife is asking so she knows how to plan her outfits. Also, curious about dining. I know we made a time selection when we booked but it's been so long, I'm hoping this mailing would confirm our time and that we're sitting together without anybody else at the table.
Everything is electronic. You need to go onto the RCCL website and check in (you will need to enter passport numbers, emergency contact numbers, etc). Once that is all done and RCCL processes it, you will be able to go in and print your setsail pass (which gets you onto the ship) and your luggage tag. My cruise is 7/4/19. I already printed those items, and today I got an email advising me that my edocs were available online. It is a 16 page "booklet" with all sorts of information. You can print that out if you wish.

As far as dining, you could have requested a table for just your party when booking (I always did that on DCL). I suggest you call now (or if booked through a TA have them call) and request a table for just your party. You won't know what nights formal nights are until you board, although on cruises over 7 nights they are usually on nights 2 and 8.
Denise

We are on the Ovation right now, it is day 10 and we are not looking forward to disembarking on Friday. We did our first Royal Cruise a bit over a year ago after many DCL cruises. The process is more self directed. The cruise planner is the best tool and check it frequently. The different events and excursions will be available on there and it is always updating. Sometimes the prices will change or sales happen and you can rebook things at the sale price. You will find the will find the cruise documents available there also. It will have your details in the packet including dining time (or my time dining) and luggage tags.

The North Star was available for booking very near the sail date. The rides in North Star had a charge on the glacier days (about $50 per person) and it was the full ride out over the side of the ship. Pixels was the only show to book prior to sailing. We had two formal nights with the 11 days, day two and day 9 so I would guess the formal night will likely be day 2. We can confirm the schedule this afternoon.

Disembarked yesterday and I was able to confirm the formal night(s). We did have 2 formal nights on the 11 night which was not surprising.

For the 7 night Ovation they are going to try to have 2 formal nights. They will be night 2 and night 6. Some of the schedule is tentative since these are her first sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!