Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I went with the Black/Moonshine Classics. I hope I like them.

Also ... a mile at 10K pace tomorrow. Sigh. (Interestingly enough, I actually asked Billy to make sure to throw some of these workouts in because on my first plan I loved the 10K paced runs. Now I'm not excited. Which basically reflects my attitude towards running in general right now. Sigh.)

Also ... I bought new capris at Uniqlo. Was hoping to wear them tomorrow, but I tried them on today and they are not comfortable. So they're getting returned. Hopefully I can return them to the Soho store so that I don't have to go all the way up to 34th St.
Speaking of Uniqlo, a sneak preview of what to expect from my Disney trip: (sorry for the huge images that I stole from Uniqlo)
goods_50_409052

And ... not telling you what the second shirt I got was, but it's from this collection:
us-pc-180219-m-utgraphictees-pixar-hero-01

2 hints:
1 - It is very appropriate for the trip
2 - I'm not wearing black in Florida in the summer
Feel free to guess what shirt you think I got! (Here's a link to the collection: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women/magic-for-all/color-of-pixar)

Oh boy. I have heard about Uniqlo... but now looking at the website, this seems very very dangerous. I neeeeeed the Minnie version for your Mickey tee (super cute btw!).
Do their tees run true to size? Like normal unisex sizing?
Hope you like your sunnies!

I was this close to an Alien Swirling Saucers FP+, but I hesitated because it was much later than our other 2 FP+ that day, so I missed out. I'm the worst.

Oh boy. I have heard about Uniqlo... but now looking at the website, this seems very very dangerous. I neeeeeed the Minnie version for your Mickey tee (super cute btw!).
Do their tees run true to size? Like normal unisex sizing?
Hope you like your sunnies!

So ... I'd say things run a little big.
The Mickey shirt is a women's cut (and the minnie one too, I think, but I didnt try that on). I'm usually between M and L for women's cut and I got a medium.
The Pixar shirts are unisex. I'm usually a Small to medium in unisex and I got an XS.
So I'd definitely say size down.

But they do have a lot of really cute stuff.

And I love Uniqlo. But that's mostly because they make skirts that cover the knee ... one of my favorite work skirts is uniqlo.

Anyway ... I eventually got the FP+, but I don't love the timing, so I'll keep checking (but this is better than not having the Alien FP+).
MagicBands came today. I'd probably be more excited if I hadn't had a really long day.

Run today was meh. 10K pace mile was actually mildly fun, but I almost didn't get there because by about halfway through the warm up I just wanted to turn around and walk home. Sigh.

It's way past my bedtime, so I'm gonna put away the shoes I wore today and go to sleep. I owe you guys updates about Disney plans, my thoughts on the Vivoactive, and maybe another post about my thoughts on barre3. But my alarm is going off in less than 6 hours, so that will have to wait.

A) I almost put myself on the waitlist for a barre3 class on Wednesday, but then I remembered that I have plans. Boo. I was kinda excited about the idea of two classes in one week.
B) I'm super spazzy at work today and I cant concentrate (plus, I finished my goal for the day like 2 hours ago and while I still have work to do, it just feels off ... but I will admit, my goal was assuming more problems than I've encountered so far), so I'm just eating nonstop. Grr.

Um...remember how we talked about my virtual race problem?
Screenshot_20180615-141622_Instagram.jpg

The app is trying to charge me money, but the website says it's free, so I'll register when I get home (I a) dont know my password and b) will probably donate with my registration and dont like to do credit card stuff on the train).

Trying to decide whether or not to share this with my world cup obsessed coworkers.

I’m Going To Disney World: Part 2 – The Plans

Trip is July 1st – 6th, arriving mid-day on the 1st and leaving early on the 6th. We’re staying at All-Star Sports and have 5-day park hoppers. (Side note: this is the first time we’ve gotten park hoppers since 2013. It’s gonna be a little weird)

Sunday, July 1st:
Getting to Disney: Beth and I will be arriving separately. She’s taking Amtrak from West Palm Beach to Kissimmee, then taking an Uber to the hotel. I’m flying from JFK to MCO, and while my flight gets in about half an hour before Beth’s train, I’m taking DME from the airport to the hotel (yay!), so unclear which one of us will get there first.

Park Time:
One we’re settled in, we’ll head to our chosen park for the afternoon/evening …
upload_2018-6-15_17-24-53.png
We’re starting off in the best possible way – Magic Kingdom! Park is open until 10PM, so we should have a decent amount of time to get stuff done.

First stop will be guest relations, to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass (eek!). We also have some extra fastpasses that I was gifted several years ago (it involved a complaint email, a nasty response, and then a phone call) that I keep forgetting about, so we’ll see if they’re still available and we can get ourselves some extra experiences.

FastPass+:
3:55 PM - 4:55 PM – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (aka our favorite)
5:10 PM - 6:10 PM – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (because nobody wants to deal with kids in line play with loud things)
6:40 PM - 7:40 PM – Peter Pan's Flight

Once we get through those three (and we will try to move some of the later ones up if we can), we’ll try to get some additional fastpasses. Those of you who knew me back when I used to actually go to the parks more than once every 2.5 years know that we’re all about the FP+. I don’t expect availability to be great (and I do expect to be waiting in lines for a long time), but … we’ll see what we can get.

Happily Ever After is at 9:15. We may or may not see it, depending on what we’ve gotten done so far, how we’re feeling, and what the attraction lines look like.

Monday, July 2nd:
Morning:
upload_2018-6-15_17-28-6.png
Regular operating hours for Hollywood Studios are 8AM - 10:30PM, with EMH from 1AM to 8AM

We haven’t decided yet if we’re going to get there for 7am EMH – we’ll play it by ear. This will be the day we wait in all the Toy Story Land lines. Hopefully we’ll have time for a few other things too.

Once we’re done with DHS for the day, we’ll hop over to our late afternoon/evening park …
upload_2018-6-15_17-30-38.png
Animal Kingdom is open until 10:30 PM.

This is where our fastpasses are:
4:25 PM - 5:25 PM - Na'vi River Journey (We really have no interest in Pandora, but we figured that since there were fastpasses available, we should give it a try. This (and maybe some walking around) is likely all we will do in Pandora.)
5:50 PM - 6:50 PM - Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost (because Mickey and Minnie)
7:40 PM - 8:40 PM - Kilimanjaro Safaris (This is probably the FP+ that I am most excited for. Sunset is at 8:28 PM. So I figured if we can get on the Safari around 8ish, we'll be riding just as it starts to get dark and it should be incredible. I was very happy that we were able to get this.)

Rivers of Light is at 9:15 and 10:15, and we’re hoping to catch the earlier one. We also really want to see the nighttime Tree of Life stuff. Not sure when we’ll head out of the park.

Tuesday July 3rd:
upload_2018-6-15_17-35-22.png
Park Hours: 8 AM – 12 AM, EMH: 12AM – 2AM

Yeah, I think you can probably all guess what hours we’re planning to be at the park.
(In case you couldn’t guess, the answer is all of them)

Since this will be an 18+ hour day, we’re planning to “schedule” meals and snacks so that we have breaks built in. We did this once before (I set calendar alerts), and we were pretty good about sticking to it and staying decently fed. There will also be lots of Starbucks. Because 18+ hour day.

Here are our FP+ selections:
8:50 AM - 9:50 AM - Splash Mountain
10:55 AM - 11:55 AM - Haunted Mansion
(fun fact: I hate the stretching room. I'm sure it's cool and all that, but all I can think when I'm in there is "too many people, not enough space." It’s not fun.)
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Splash Mountain is a bit earlier than we wanted, but we couldn't get the time we wanted, so we figured we'd just start with it. We'll make it work.
We will keep trying to move things up as we use them, and once we've used our 3rd FP+, we'll get a fourth (and so on and so forth). Getting all the FP+ will be a little bittersweet, though … on past trips we had to go to kiosks to get FP+, and we had a favorite kiosk area (near Mickey’s Philharmagic), where we made friends with the CMs. No more kiosks, so no more FP+ CM friends. Sadface.

We plan to see the 4th of July fireworks at 9:15 … not sure when yet we’ll start camping out for a spot, but probably not super early since we don’t need the best spot ever, just a decent one. Other than that … we’ll mostly play it by ear and see what FP+ we can get.

And of course, we have to get on line for an attraction at around 1:58AM. We have a thought what it will be, but I’m not going to share it because it might change.

Wednesday, July 4th:
Since we’ll be up mad late the night before, we’re planning to sleep in a bit, then hit up Disney Springs. Breakfast pastries from Erin McKenna Bakery, coffee from Ghirardelli, and some shopping. Once we’re done at Disney Springs, we’ll head to our park for the day …

upload_2018-6-15_17-44-54.png

Epcot is open its usual hours ... 9AM to 9PM. I'm pretty sure the world will end before Epcot changes its hours.

Since we won't be there all day, we made a list of must-dos for Epcot (which I can’t post here because I’m writing this on my PC and the list is on the MacBook … I have too many computers), and we figured we could get through all of them in the afternoon. Hopefully we’ll be right about that. If not … I dunno.

Anyway … our FP+:
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM - Soarin' Around the World
3:50 PM - 4:50 PM - The Seas with Nemo & Friends
4:50 PM - 5:50 PM - Spaceship Earth

We decided to standby Frozen Ever After, and we'll either Single Rider Test Track or try to get it as a 4th FP+. Major non-attraction priority is meeting Mary Poppins. We also want to meet the characters in Revolutionary attire or whatever. And probably meet some princesses.

And of course, end the night with Illuminations.

Thursday, July 5th:

7AM and we’re back at …

upload_2018-6-15_17-47-18.png
Park hours are 8AM to 10:30PM, with EMH from 7AM to 8AM.

This is our full day at Hollywood Studios. I will be wearing my yet-to-be-revealed Pixar Uniqlo shirt.

Originally we had a FP+ for TSMM early in the morning, but I had to give that up when I saw another FP+ that I wanted. I don't know what we'll do first, but we'll probably start in Toy Story Land before heading over to our first FP+.

FP+ plans for the day:
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM - For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (I will probably livestream this for @jennamfeo … just kidding)
12:45 PM - 1:45 PM - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
5:55 PM - 6:55 PM - Alien Swirling Saucers

I’m going to keep checking for a Slinky Dog Dash FP+ (in which case we’ll have to standby Alien Swirling Saucers), but I know that most likely we’ll have to ride that standby. Toy Story Midway Mania will be either standby or a 4th FP+ if we can get one. We’re also planning to see Fantasmic! at 9 PM.

Friday, July 6th:
Okay, bye bye.

Our flight leaves at 9 something, so we’ll get picked up by DME at 6 something.
I’m scheduled to run 5 miles when I get home that afternoon, so … we’ll see if that happens.

YAYYYYY! This is so exciting. The safari at sunset is going to be amazing. They say the animals are most active at dawn and dusk so hopefully they'll all be up and moving around for you. Also, I am 100% with you on the stretching room. My mom always tries to stand in the middle of the room and I am trying to escape the crowd and stand over in a corner by myself. The worst ever was when a dad next to me had his kid on his shoulders. Not only did I feel squished in from the side, but I felt like someone was hovering over me the whole time. Getting claustrophobic just thinking about it, LOL. I hope y'all have the best time!

Safari at dusk is awesome! At dusk and at night we've heard and seen the lions being super active. Enjoy your trip! You're going to have a blast!!

I will try to catch up with y'all on the 1st!!

Yay! I'm excited! I really hope we get to see you!

YAYYYYY! This is so exciting. The safari at sunset is going to be amazing. They say the animals are most active at dawn and dusk so hopefully they'll all be up and moving around for you. Also, I am 100% with you on the stretching room. My mom always tries to stand in the middle of the room and I am trying to escape the crowd and stand over in a corner by myself. The worst ever was when a dad next to me had his kid on his shoulders. Not only did I feel squished in from the side, but I felt like someone was hovering over me the whole time. Getting claustrophobic just thinking about it, LOL. I hope y'all have the best time!

Thank you!
I cannot imagine being next to someone with a kid on their shoulders in the stretching room. It's like there's no space on top of you either. Yikes.

Love the plans and the fact that it includes AK even though you dislike that park.

Thanks. I figured you'd enjoy the AK parts. I'm really excited to see Rivers of Light and the nighttime tree stuff - I've seen so many good pictures (including ones that you've posted)
(And I don't dislike AK as much as I'm just apathetic about it. I'm pretty sure they could close the park and I wouldn't notice the difference. I honestly don't care.)

Safari at dusk is awesome! At dusk and at night we've heard and seen the lions being super active. Enjoy your trip! You're going to have a blast!!

I'm so happy to hear this! We almost never see the lions out and about, so I really hope we do get to see them being super active.
Thank you!

Ahh! Perfect planning! I have a serious case of fomo. Don’t forget to drink lots of water during your 18(!) hour MK day!

Thank you! Feel free to join us if anyone ever gets that free instant teleportation (and freeze of outside time so that you don't miss work) thing figured out.
And we're on the water thing - we both downloaded water logging apps (Beth on her phone, me on my watch ... although I did a factory reset of my watch yesterday, so I have to redownload it) so that we can make sure we're getting more than enough water!

Thanks. I figured you'd enjoy the AK parts. I'm really excited to see Rivers of Light and the nighttime tree stuff - I've seen so many good pictures (including ones that you've posted)
(And I don't dislike AK as much as I'm just apathetic about it. I'm pretty sure they could close the park and I wouldn't notice the difference. I honestly don't care.)
I really hope you enjoy the nighttime stuff. I really enjoy it but some seem to not enjoy it.

I really hope you enjoy the nighttime stuff. I really enjoy it but some seem to not enjoy it.

I like things with lights, so I think I'll enjoy it. I know some people don't love it, but I'm not expecting technological marvels, just some pretty lights, so I think I'm in a good mindset to enjoy it.

Knockaround have arrived! Or so says tracking (and my mother confirmed).

Also ... I wish my barre3 place had a class at 1:30 on fridays. I'd do that during the summer (since I get out of work around 1-1:15ish).

Also ... Mondays, amiright?

Anyway ... this week you may or may not get a review of the new garmin, more thoughts on barre, and/or why I cant stop running. Probably not more than one of the above, though, because free time doesn't exist for me these days.

Another quick hit and run update ...

As I've hinted/mentioned/whined, I kinda hate running right now. Several people have suggested taking a break, but (for reasons that I have a hard time articulating) that's not an option. Other suggestions I've gotten are trying new routes (not easy because of timing), trying trail running (again, not easy, because of timing and because of my fear of falling), trying group runs (which it can be hard to find ones that both work with my schedule and where I won't be miles behind everyone else) and trying other exercises.
For now ... I'm trying to focus more on other exercises but still not significantly cut down on my running. For this week, I'm scheduled to run tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. As of right now, tomorrow, Wednesday, and Sunday will happen. I put myself on the waitlist for a barre3 class on Thursday (yes, I did take a class today - I want to start doing it twice a week when I can swing it). If I get in, then I'll skip my run. If not, then maybe I'll hop up to Central Park and run there.
I'm also thinking about maybe doing something that's a mix of running/non-running, like Orangetheory or Mile High Run Club (does that exist outside NYC?), but I'm not sold ... I think the combination of being run-involved and the strength training (which isn't really my thing) won't really be right for me.

Honestly, I think that if I had realized that I was going to focus on non-running exercise, I might have gotten ClassPass, because I know you can use it for my barre3 place. It's not cheap, but it gives me more options. I could try something new without having to commit to anything at that particular place. But I just bought a 10-class barre3 package, and I'm not sure I'm ready to drop money on another class.

Anyway ... bedtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter