5 people

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hi, this is my first visit over to this forum....can anyone tell me which category room sleeps 5. Myself, DH, DD 12, DS 9, DD 6. Also, where would I find an idea of the cost for these rooms. I know it can vary, but Im looking for a ballpark dollar amount. Im thinking that a land/sea cruise would be amazing for our next trip down south!
TIA
karen

Only a category 1,2,3 and 4 sleep 5, with only the category 4 not being a suite. Now, if you're in a category 4, you will be able to stay at a deluxe for the resort portion of your trip. Most people finding booking two category 10 staterooms, much cheaper than booking one category 4 for a family of 5 and MUCH more space. Now, a category 10 could put you at one of the moderate resorts for your resort stay, but with two category 10 staterooms, you'd have 2 rooms at a mod.erate resort Personally, a better option in my book. Also, in regards to a price, it really depends on when you plan on sailing. DCL is most expensive over the usual school vacations; Easter, Christmas and the summer. The cheapest time to sail is usually in January and the fall.

It is also much cheaper to book the land and sea portions separately, especially if money is a concern. I wanted the category 4 for my family of five for the 3 day cruise because I wanted a verandah for my DH and myself. However, I DID NOT want the expense of a luxury resort which goes along with the category 4. We are very content with POR which has a trundle bed for the fifth person. By booking separately, I had my choice. I also booked DCL transportation, as this was the most convenient for us. The cat 4 was great for the five of us for the 3 day, but on a seven day, I think I will be booking two 6's (adjoining) or a 6 and an inside. I LOVE the verandah, but with three teens, the category 4 is a little crowded for an extended lenghth of time, and the verandah is blocked by the murphy bed once it is made up. It was difficult climbing over my very sleepy 17 yo in the morning to enjoy my coffee!!

We booked two connecting category 10 rooms (Secret porthole rooms!:bounce: )

It was quite a bit cheaper than booking the family suite (I believe approx CDN $1000.00 but can't quite remember exactly what the difference is butwith our CDN $ the way it is, every cent counts!). My kids will be DS13, DD 11, and DS 6 when we cruise next year. I think the extra bathroom will come in very handy, not to mention the extra space and possibility of a bit of privacy.;) However, we will not have a verandah but I think we could live with that.

Sandy

Thanks for the tips. Where would I see what a category 10 looks like compared to a category 4? I didn't know you could book the land/sea separately. Are any passes included in the booking? Where/how is the best place to book? (Sorry for all the ?'s....as you can see I'm quite a newbie to cruising) :)
karen

Originally posted by from Canada

Where would I see what a category 10 looks like compared to a category 4?

Here's a Category 4...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...=C4DeluxeFamilyStateroomWithVerandahStateroom

Here's a Category 10...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...ps/stateroomindex?id=C10DeluxeInsideStateroom

Keep in mind that the square footage indicated for the Category 4 includes the space on the verandah. The actual indoor living space is less. Subtract the amount of room required for the Murphy bed, and you have a Category 10.

I booked through Dreams Unlimited, one of the sponsors for this site. I actually found Dreams before coming across the DIS. Our TA booked EVERYTHING exactly the way I wanted it, and was VERY patient with my never ending questions and changing my mind. They can give you quotes for various options, and will book all your priority seating, etc. for your land portion. They will also give you an in depth itinerary for your days at the park, based on what you like. I have been to WDW MANY times and thought I knew everything, but the itinerary Carole at Dreams created for our family made it the BEST vacation ever. Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter