52 week money challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deposited $145 from the challenge, along with an additional $80 (Ibotta, eBay, etc.) into my Disney savings. The account now has $2576! This challenge and the encouragement on this thread has really motivated me.

Wow that is great!!! Don't know what Ibotta is but the more the merrier :)

Week 33 = $26
$1111 total

That's an awesome number...I love to see numbers that repeat like that...that's how I know I'm on the right path with my thoughts and actions. :yay:

We have decided that since we have most of the cash saved now from my second job and the hubby's overtime now for the destination wedding / trip for the 4 of us...And I just started a new second job last week ( I was sooo tired of dealing with angry upset customers that were verbally abusive to me ) and the pay checks from the second job now are going into a separate account that we are not sure what we are going to put that money towards. We had agreed that we would both work OT for him and me to work the second job for one year. So I will work at this job until Xmas as see where we are at that point and make a decision from there. I'm thinking I will keep the second job until March/ April of next year. The only thing I really want to do is take a quilting class over the winter to keep me busy. It makes the winter go by faster. So far...my plan is until xmas...and see from there.

I don't do it because I think it's a little gimmicky and I prefer a steadier, consistent approach to saving money (for Disney or anything else).
Yeah, it's totally gimmicky.

Instead, I suggest having X amount automatically deducted from each paycheck ... and have it deposited into a savings account at a bank that's slightly inconvenient for you. Purposefully do not have online access or an ATM card for this account. This means that anytime you want to use that money you have to go out of your way /go into the bank in person to make a withdrawal. You're less likely to use the money if it's harder to reach.

Week 35 = $29 (I marked off 2 amounts, $23 & $6)
$1166 total

It may be gimmicky, but I’m enjoying it more than doing a set amount each week like I do for my other savings accounts. :sunny:

Week 36 = $29 (I marked off $22 & $7)
$1195 total

I deposited $110 from this challenge, along with $115 from Ebates, Ibotta, Achievement, etc. My vacation savings now has $2802!

Last edited:
$1195 total

I deposited $110 from this challenge, along with $115 from Ebates, Ibotta, Achievement, etc. My vacation savings now has $2802!

You are on fire!!!!! yes!! Back to school shopping took my weekly deposits but this week will be back on track!

well, the saving account has 1041 in it. The second job is going alright. I have lots of extra hours in the week as we have to transition the store into all the christmas stock that is arriving on trucks this week. After Sunday, the store will be a the christmas wonderland :sad1: ( it's just a little early for me to be thinking xmas yet ) But in retail...nope.

I have also found a few good cheap buys that I have bought to upcycle and resell again. I'm a very creative and artsy fartsy person who love to create with my hands. The last time I did this, I paid for tickets into 2 disney and 1 universal park tickets for the DD and I. So hoping to be able to start another little fund of fun money to decide what we want to do with.

On a side note, we have had to put new shingles on our roof, so our trip fund was dipped into. But we decided to keep my second job paychecks right where they are, as with the hubby's overtime in the next couple of months will replace that. It always seems that when you think you have all your ducks in a row, something always comes along to have one of those guys to go off the path you had planned. Oh well, that always seems to be our lives.:rolleyes: No matter how hard we plan, something always happens to sidetrack that plan. :crazy2:

$1195 total

Week 37 = $40 (I marked off $21, $8, & $11)
Week 38 = $39 (I marked off $18, $12, & $9)
Week 39 = $40 (I marked off $10, $13, & $17)
Week 40 = $30 (I marked off $14 & $16)

$1344 total - It looks like I should finish marking off the last 2 amounts next weekend!

Week 37 = $40 (I marked off $21, $8, & $11)
Week 38 = $39 (I marked off $18, $12, & $9)
Week 39 = $40 (I marked off $10, $13, & $17)
Week 40 = $30 (I marked off $14 & $16)

$1344 total - It looks like I should finish marking off the last 2 amounts next weekend!

I deposited $149 from this challenge, along with $76 from Ibotta, WalMart Savings Catcher, & some other pots of money. My vacation savings now has $3082!

I deposited $149 from this challenge, along with $76 from Ibotta, WalMart Savings Catcher, & some other pots of money. My vacation savings now has $3082!

Week 41 = $34 (I marked off $19 & $15)

$1378 total - 52 Week Money Challenge goal met!

With 11 weeks left on my chart, I haven’t decided if I’ll keep saving random amounts of money for the remainder of the weeks, or if I’ll start a new chart this weekend.

Week 41 = $34 (I marked off $19 & $15)

$1378 total - 52 Week Money Challenge goal met!

With 11 weeks left on my chart, I haven’t decided if I’ll keep saving random amounts of money for the remainder of the weeks, or if I’ll start a new chart this weekend.

WOOHOO!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! I an still trying to catch up and will continue to do it :)

WOOHOO!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! I an still trying to catch up and will continue to do it :)

You’re doing great sticking with it, despite unexpected expenses getting in the way some weeks. I think the great thing about this challenge is that each dollar saved is a “bonus” and you can pick up with it at any time.

You’re doing great sticking with it, despite unexpected expenses getting in the way some weeks. I think the great thing about this challenge is that each dollar saved is a “bonus” and you can pick up with it at any time.

That's true Thanks for the encouragement! so will you continue it?

That's true Thanks for the encouragement! so will you continue it?

I decided to finish out this year putting away whatever I think I can afford each week, and start the challenge over again in 2019. I’ve been putting the money from the 52 week challenge, and from other sources, in a vacation account. I still need almost $2700 by June 2019 to meet my goal, so I need every dollar I can find to save!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter