52 week money challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up to $892!

I also found a local bank that gives 2.02% on their savings accounts (with no strings attached, just a $100 minimum balance) so yesterday I started an account with the bulk of the money. The interest isn't much, but it's better than nothing. Plus having several hundred dollars in an envelope was starting to make me nervous.

WOW that is great!!!! woohoo!!!!

I'm up to $892!

I also found a local bank that gives 2.02% on their savings accounts (with no strings attached, just a $100 minimum balance) so yesterday I started an account with the bulk of the money. The interest isn't much, but it's better than nothing. Plus having several hundred dollars in an envelope was starting to make me nervous.

2.02% is fantastic! I’m putting mine in a variable rate cd and the interest is only .46%. Wish I could find an interest rate like yours.

Week 22 - $38

$765 total

Week 23 - $37

$802 total

I was able to deposit $150 from this challenge plus $425 from Ibotta, ebates, Walmart Savings Catcher, my Mother’s Day gift (my husband and children decided I’d prefer cash for my Disney fund ) & 3 wellness benefit checks in my vacation savings. I now have $1600 towards our Disney 2019 trip!

Last edited:

Woo-hoo, my Orlando vacation (which this challenge is going to fund) just got a little bonus in the budget today.

Last year I got a Disney credit card with a $200 gift card after spending $500. I assumed (incorrectly at the time) that I could use the gift card for runDisney registration fees (current plan is to do the marathon weekend 5K with my best friend and then the half by myself). I'm not sure what parks we are going to do while in Florida - it might be Disney, but it also might be Universal or SeaWorld - so I was kind of stuck with this gift card. But today they announced a new system that will allow the use of gift cards. So I just got a bump of $200 in my vacation fund. Plus I can use my Target card to get another 5% off the rest of my registration fees.

I'm a happy girl today!

Hi!

I didn’t post this week as I’m getting ready for our Disney trip, which we leave for next Saturday. I actually took my money - $544 - that I saved to date and deposited it into my checking account. I then went to Target and purchased Disney gift cards for our trip. The $544 will be extra spending/souvenir money. When we return from vacation, I’m going to continue with the challenge, but will be starting back at $0. I plan to start saving for next summer’s vacation with the rest of this year’s money and part of next year’s money I put aside from doing the challenge.

Hi!

I didn’t post this week as I’m getting ready for our Disney trip, which we leave for next Saturday. I actually took my money - $544 - that I saved to date and deposited it into my checking account. I then went to Target and purchased Disney gift cards for our trip. The $544 will be extra spending/souvenir money. When we return from vacation, I’m going to continue with the challenge, but will be starting back at $0. I plan to start saving for next summer’s vacation with the rest of this year’s money and part of next year’s money I put aside from doing the challenge.

Have fun and enjoy the extra spending money!

Week 23 - $37

$802 total

I was able to deposit $150 from this challenge plus $425 from Ibotta, ebates, Walmart Savings Catcher, my Mother’s Day gift (my husband and children decided I’d prefer cash for my Disney fund ) & 3 wellness benefit checks in my vacation savings. I now have $1600 towards our Disney 2019 trip!

Week 24 = $36

$838 total

Week 26 = $34

$907 total

Week 27 = $33

$940 total

I was able to deposit $145 from this challenge plus $230 from Ibotta, Achievement, & a yard sale in my vacation savings. I now have $1975 towards our Disney 2019 trip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter