6/14/03 Eastern Cruise

trobert

Mouseketeer
Who else is booked for 6/14/03? Any recommendations on what excursions to take or not to take. Kids are 18 & 15 and love to snorkel. :cool: What advantages are there being a Disney Club member and a Castaway Club member?

We'll be there! We cruised the exact same time last year and loved it so are doing it again!! We plan on doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran in the morning...we did not do it last time, but have read from these boards that it is a blast... DH and I will be cruising with our kids, DS 13 and DD will turn 11 2nd day of the cruise! Last time we went, we took a taxi to Coki Beach while in St. Thomas... GREAT snorkeling!! Would highly recommend it and neither of my kids had ever snorkeled before and caught right on. Tons of fish that ate dog biscuits right out of their hands!!

We'll be there too. This is our first cruise, so we are still learning. It will be DD 5 and DD 7 (birthday 6/12), DW and myself.

There will be 10 of us on the ship as a salute to my mother's retirement! Then doing 3 days of parks and staying at WL. Took the 3 day land/4 day sea last time and didn't have enough time on the ship!

We'll be there too. Myself, my DH, my DD (10) and, DD (6). First time cruisers as well. Me and my oldest daughter will be celebrating our birthday on the ship on 6/19/03. We have the same birthday and have been planning this for a few years. Can't believe we are coming up on the six month mark:):Pinkbounc

Looks like we have daughters about the same age! My daughter will celebrate her 11th on the cruise on June 15th!! Hopefully we will all be able to meet up! I met quite a few of the DIS'ers on our first cruise! It was so nice to put a face to the names!! Now just waiting for SOUTHWEST AIR to put up plane tickets for June!!

In our party of 10, we have one girl turning 11 on June 13 so we hope to have a cake for her our first night! She's been on the Magic before and looking forward to going back to the kids area again so hopefully the girls will meet up!

It would be great to get the girls together. Do you have early or late seating? I requested late seating since my family is a group of night owls and we often eat quite late anyway.

Jobro2 - I am waiting for SW Air to open up their June dates as well. Do you want to exchange e-mails and then we can keep each other informed as soon as we hear anything? We will be flying from Portland, OR.

This is really fun - I have been lurking on the boards for months now and this was the first post I saw for the June 14th sailing date. :p

Jfeasel: Wow! Both our girls will be celebrating. We requested a cake for our DD on Sunday (the 15th)...also will be Father's Day!! My DD really enjoyed the clubs last time, but didn't spend tons of time in there...she met some friends and they would spend time together!

Jessicajulie: That would be great to give each other the "heads up" on SWA!! My e-mail is jobro2@chilitech.net. We have early seating again this cruise...even eating at 6:00 pm, we were usually there till 7:30 (we're used to eating at 6 pm during the week anyway) and the kids then ran off to their clubs.. We will be flying out of Baltimore...we just got back from a trip to WDW and I got tickets out of BWI for only $79/pp, each way! I got them the first day they went on sale on the internet, so I do check in several times a day to their site. The morning I bought them, the date was still not up as of 10 am, but later in the afternoon, they put up the dates, so it seems it could happen at any point during the day! Send me your e-mail and I'll keep you posted!!!

I have been planning since August '01. There will be three of us... DD(17) to celebrate HS graduation and her 18th Birthday on the 19th, DDBF (17) and myself.........

The excursions we are planning: the Stars and Stripes 12 metre regatta in the morning in St Maarten and the the open safari island tour in St Thomas first thing in the morning... we are then going on our own to the Paradise Sky Ride right off the dock area behind the mall... Dave has a great link to the Skyway on his site and I think it is only 15.00/ person to the top... there is a restuarant, shops, walking trails and bird shows...

The kids are really excited... I tried to keep it a secret from my DD but it only lasted 10 months before I broke down and told her because of my excitment... Have been making a notebook of the entire process... which is now 2" thick.

We are spending 2 nights at the Grand Floridian before we leave and have been lucky enough to have booked one of the "large" catagory #3 suites... # 8032.. can't wait...

This is going to be a great vacation... DD leaves for college on July 30 in New York which is 2000 miles away from where we live... so this will be a great time to vacation and celebrate before I absolutely lose it with her gone...

I am a Disney Club member and have received 50.00 room credit on the cruise and 10% off our room rates at the Grand Floridian and our length of stay park tickets (the day we arrive and the day before we leave...) We also have a Disney outlet near us that gives an additional 10% of entire purchase along with the already deeply discounted prices on merchandise and clothing. I am sorry to hear that Disney is discontinuing the program at the end of 2003.

Glad to hear from other cruisers for 6/14/03. My sister and her family are coming with us and this is our second cruise. In 1999 we did the 4 day/3 night. We will also be celebrating our DD 16th birthday. Our son is 18 and is also graduating high school and heading off to college. He doesn't know where he is going because it will determine where he gets a baseball scholarship. We have the late dining and will fly out of Memphis, Tennessee. We haven't decided on any excursions yet, but it will definitely involve snorkeling. Our email address is brobert@cox-internet.com and would love to hear from you and we look forward to seeing and meeting you in about six months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter