6:15 flight out Toronto to Orlando

toesmom

DIS Veteran
I should clarify - 615 am. How early to arrive to airport - we have nexus and will do online check in. We have golf clubs to check in.

Air Canada changed reasonable flight time to super early but no better options because it is Christmas.

Thanks!

i bet airport staff won't come in until 5am... this happened to me once. I got there like 3 hours ahead, at 3am? Nobody is there... then people showed up at 5am, checked everyone in and made it to gate at 5:45am. But don't quote me on that because things have changed and you may miss the flight.

When do you fly out? We are on the same flight on Dec 18...our flight at 9:30am got cancelled and they moved us to the 6:15am flight as that was the closest direct flight, and i didn't want to take the later direct flight as then we'd be missing out on the whole day.

I'm trying to figure out if we should aim to be there for 4:15am or be there earlier (and waking our 2yo and 5yo will be a horrible experience!!).

Canuckgirl78 - we fly out 6:15 am. Way too early but they moved a reasonable flight time of 8:30am to 6:15 and like you, don't want to lose full day by taking 6pm flight. So that's what we are stuck with.
Wake them early, nothing else you can do. Plan to be there by 4:15, especially to make sure you don't miss the flight. Not the ideal way to start holiday, but.... But you will have so much fun

I think last time I flew from MCO (a few years ago), we arrived 2:30 hours before the flight and I pretty much would have missed the plane because security took so long. They kept calling me on the PA at the gate and my wife (who had gone ahead without me while I returned the car), told them I was coming and had them keep the gate open. I have a NEXUS and I don't remember there being a shorter line for it.

I think last time I flew from MCO (a few years ago), we arrived 2:30 hours before the flight and I pretty much would have missed the plane because security took so long. They kept calling me on the PA at the gate and my wife (who had gone ahead without me while I returned the car), told them I was coming and had them keep the gate open. I have a NEXUS and I don't remember there being a shorter line for it.
Wow! What time was your flight? I would expect to be there 3 hours early if our flight was at 9am, but was this for a 6am flight too? I know Monday mornings tend to be busy with the business travelers, so maybe we should get there before 4am after all (our flight is at 6:15am) just to be on the safe side...

Happened to us on an Air Transat flight as well earlier this year.

We arrived at the Airport around 3:45, and that was too early. We were at the gate by like 5:00ish and had to sit around for another hour when we could have got an extra bit of sleep.

I'd guess if you got to the airport for 4:30 you should be fine.

Wow! What time was your flight? I would expect to be there 3 hours early if our flight was at 9am, but was this for a 6am flight too? I know Monday mornings tend to be busy with the business travelers, so maybe we should get there before 4am after all (our flight is at 6:15am) just to be on the safe side...

I just checked my past emails and if I found the right one, it was later. It was originally supposed to be at 9am but the time was changed to 11:30 (which is probably much busier).

Last edited:
Spring Break we arrived 3 hours early for the 615am flight to MCO from Toronto. Very short line but within 10 minutes of us getting in line for security a mass of people filed in and I was very happy I was not at the end of that line.

We have flown that flight at March Break for the last two years. I prefer it. We wake at 3AM and get to the airport at 4AM. Park at the Viscount Garage and take the tram over. We have priority checkin and Nexus so we are sitting at the gate by 4:30 or so!!!! That gives us an hour to walk thru duty free and line up at the Tims. Sometimes there's a good 20 min to get the morning coffee and food for the flight. They start boarding at 5:35. We land at 9:15, grab the rental car and go for breakfast somewhere in Orlando. Will be doing this flight for the third year in a row.

So if we are on the 6:15am flight on a Sunday to MCO and we have NEXUS would getting there around 4am be ok?

Does anyone have experience catching the Magical Express after this flight (landing around 9:00ish)? Trying to decide if we take the Magical Express to our resort (Wilderness Lodge) or taking an Uber

I always try to get that early flight and I have found if you're there too early security isn't even open. The last few times I've had at 6:30am flight I've arrived at 4am and had no trouble at all. I find that Pearson is usually very quiet that early. You should be okay arriving at 4am.

I always try to get that early flight and I have found if you're there too early security isn't even open. The last few times I've had at 6:30am flight I've arrived at 4am and had no trouble at all. I find that Pearson is usually very quiet that early. You should be okay arriving at 4am.

Thank you for posting this.... Merry Christmas

when you have an early flight,it's best to get there early,especially if security and the windows aren't open yet.it's best to be in FRONT of the line when they do open as you have customs to do as well.

We've only taken Magical Express (we almost never fly to MCO) a few times but it's worked well for us (If I remember correctly, they have a constant stream of buses coming in and leaving so you don't wait too long but you do go through several resorts on arrival and I'm not sure where Wilderness Lodge is on the list). That said, if you don't mind spending the money, Uber is certainly faster. An UberX is probably about $35, UberXL is probably about $55.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter