6:45 CP-Can I get to Le Cellier by 8:00?

Piglette

Disneyphile
We are going to the 6:45 CP on Nov 29th. Got the CP package, with dinner at Le Cellier at 8:00. After reading Deb Wills' site, I'm wondering whether our dinner reservations are too early. Any ideas? Also, if we're late, does it matter? Will they just seat us when we do get there?
Thanks!

Originally posted by Piglette
We are going to the 6:45 CP on Nov 29th. Got the CP package, with dinner at Le Cellier at 8:00. After reading Deb Wills' site, I'm wondering whether our dinner reservations are too early. Any ideas? Also, if we're late, does it matter? Will they just seat us when we do get there?
Thanks!

I think you are fine. The CP lasts 40 - 45 minutes. You'll have 30 minutes to walk to Canada. IMHO, that's plenty of time, even if it's a bit crowded. (Of course, you won't have time to dilly dally along the way, LOL, but an average walker should be able to make it in 10 -15 minutes.). Even if you are a few minutes late, you won't be turned away.

Enjoy the trip!

You should have no trouble. And, typically, Le Cellier has a bit of a seating wait so that should even give you a small amount of leeway. I would not dilly dally in getting over there, but you should have plenty of time--they have gotten the times they reserve down pretty well with the CP packages.

Your first CP???

Let me assure you, the Dinner package is the way to go.
You may read on these threads that you really don't need the dinner package to get a seat for the show.

That's a risk I would never take.

I don't like having to stand in line for 2-3 hours, only to find out you can't get a seat.

This is a must at X-mas time at WDW, and you won't be disappointed.

I have found that priority seating does not guarantee that you will be seated at your reservation time. Everytime we have been to Le Cellier and had PS's we have still had to wait an average of 5-10 min to be seated, sometimes even longer. But boy is it worth the wait. Le Cellier is my favorite sit down restaurant at Epcot. You should have no trouble with the timing. As soon as CP ends start making your way over to Canada. No need to run, you should have plenty of time to get there.

I believe that when you call in, they have a range of suggested PS times depending on which show you are going to. That was my experience last year.

I'm not sure what would happen if you asked for a reservation time outside that range. Remember that you are buying a package of dinner and preferred seating at a specific show. They can restrict the PS times you can take.

When I asked last year about possibly deciding after purchase to attend at a different day or time, I was told no. Once you've purchased, your ticket is only good for a specific show.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. We had 8:30 CP at Le Cellier last year. We saw the 6:45 show. It was wonderful. We thought we would be finished eating or at least nearly finished to see some of Illuminations. But we didn't get seated until 9 PM and finished about 9:45 - well after Illuminations. Plan on getting seated late and missing some of Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts