6 people on 1 dining card?

mommyto3

Mouseketeer
There are six of us and I would like to know if we will all be on 1 card or will we be split into 2 cards, and therefore always have to give 2 cards to our servers. Hope I am making sense :blush: .

It will be MUCH easier to just deal with one card and to keep track of the credits vs this card has "xx" amount of credits and this one has "xx". We will be sharing most meals (using only 4 or 5 credits vs 6) because it will be WAYYYYY to much food if we each ordered :crazy2: and that way we will have enough credits for some of the shows. But if we will be split on 2 cards are we going to drive our servers crazy :crazy: and ourselves?

will you be in one room or two? will you be under the same reservation or separate?

examples: when we went to wdw in jan, our family had two rooms, two separate ressies ('cause it was cheaper... go figure)... one ressie was dh/ds8 and one was me/dd11... our cards said "1A/1C" and "2A" we had to give our server two cards each meal...

the other family we traveled with also had two rooms, but all on one ressie and their credits were pooled on each of their cards... their cards read "2A/2C"

When we went last year, we did everything through Disney. We each had a room key, which had the tickets and the dp credits already on them. So we opened the room, used them as our park tickets, and used them for our dp. When paying for your meals, you'll only need to give the cashier/server one of the cards and whichever card you use that person will need to sign the receipt. It will take the credits off automatically. On your receipt, it will update and tell you how many credits you have left. Those room keys were very convenient(sp?), in my opinion. Just make sure you keep up with them, if you're doing it through them.

We had connecting rooms, same main reservation (though 2 reservation #s at check in), and 3 people were on one card, and 3 people were on the other (1 adult 2 kids, and 2 adults 1 kid). The servers only used one card per meal, at their suggestion. If you had an odd number of days it would probably not work out, but ours did. We always told them that if they had a problem to come for the other card, but never had to. :)
Your receipt will tell you how many meals you have left on the card.

DisneyMom5 said:
We had connecting rooms, same main reservation (though 2 reservation #s at check in), and 3 people were on one card, and 3 people were on the other (1 adult 2 kids, and 2 adults 1 kid). The servers only used one card per meal, at their suggestion. If you had an odd number of days it would probably not work out, but ours did. We always told them that if they had a problem to come for the other card, but never had to. :)
Your receipt will tell you how many meals you have left on the card.

see, we had one server tell us to do that and i gave her the card w/2A (we had 2A in one room and 1A/1C in the other) but when it came to use the other card to even things out, we got hassled that we were doing 3A/1C on a 1A/1C card... like we were trying to use "child" credits for an "adult" meal... fortunately i had my receipt from the other meal in my bag so i could "prove" that we had done the reverse the day before... the server was not convinced and made us feel as though we were ripping them off... if our family were on two cards again, i'd insist that they take them both every time...

On our last trip, there were 6 of us, one reservation, two rooms. Room one had 2A, 2C. Room two had 2A. We did a combination of things. Sometimes we used one to pay for them all and the next meal......assuming we were all together, we used one of the other room cards. It all worked out and was never questioned at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter