IFlossU

DIS Veteran
My husband and I just booked our very first cruise!!! Sooo... excited. However, from what I've read it sounds like our room (6588) is directly across from the laundry room??? Has anyone been in, our around this area? I'm not that particular about where our room is (just glad to be going), but I also don't want constant noise outside the door. Any input would be appreciated.

:sunny: Still roasting in Arizona!!

We did not stay in that room, but I did use the laundry room across from it. There is alot of heat and humidity in the laundry room that tends to spill out into the hall at that location. Although the doors on the rooms are good at keeping in the a/c, you will be subject to that heat each time you enter or leave your room. Also, it gets very crowded on sea days and formal/semi-formal nights. There were people waiting in the hall to use the iron frequently on those days. Just an observation.

Yes, we stayed in this room in December on our 7 day. The positives are:
when you need to do laundry mid-week you can put the clothes in and go back and sit on your veranda.
You won't get lost because you walk down the hallway until you feel the blast of HOT and HUMID air and know your room is right there!

The things that were mildly (note: I said MILDLY) irritating were:

People using the laundry room lean up against your cabin door and "chat" for hours. They also give you nasty looks when you try to enter your room. (imagine the inconvenience of having to move off the door so someone can enter their room?)

The only nights it was really noisy were on formal night when everyone was in trying to iron clothes.

The room itself was not hot or humid, but it was very creaky and we only had mild seas.

Don't feel like it is a bad location or anything, just go with the information that people DO lean on the door, they DO talk right outside your door, and the hallway right by it is HOT and HUMID.:)

If Karla is still the room attendant, you will love her...she was incredibly sweet, efficient and friendly. She knew our names the first day and made a point of talking to my son daily to see how he was liking his cruise. She always had a "hi" for us and "how are you doing this fine day?"

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter