7 day ticket over 2 trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie Amber

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering how to handle an issue I have with a park ticket we already have purchased for our trip in December. We bought a 7 day ticket that was supposed to be used for a split stay starting at Swan and ending at ASMO. We had reserved the Swan portion of the trip, but not the ASMO. Now, we have tickets for longer than our stay and no availability to get additional resort reservations. And even when they DO open back up, they are saying that ASMO won't be open this year and we'll have to stay somewhere more expensive. So I'm wondering what would happen if we only used 4 days of the 7 day ticket in a situation like this. In the past, you had to use your whole ticket within 14 days or something like that. Are they still doing that, or could we possibly use those unused days for a different trip sometime before Sept 2021? Anyone know??

In the past, you had to use your whole ticket within 14 days or something like that. Are they still doing that, or could we possibly use those unused days for a different trip sometime before Sept 2021? Anyone know??

It never hurts to ask; this is definitely something out of your control, so there is a possibility. My guess is they will still only be good for the 14 days, but you may be able to get a refund of the days you can no longer use.

What @lanejudy said. The days are good until the expiration date. The 14 days from first use rule doesn't currently apply. If any of them were flex-date tickets, then they may be good until January 2022.

My experience seems to lend credence to the idea that they won't have to be consecutive. I posted this in another thread but this is what happened to us:

We were supposed to have been at a conference for the week of March 11th and my DH and DD were going to join me part way through. When the conference was cancelled, we only ended up going for 4 park days (3/11-3/15) and were already scheduled to leave on the 15th (the day they closed). I had a 7 day convention park hopper with 1+ option and DH and DD each had a 4 day version of that ticket. I had called and asked before we left if I could downgrade my ticket to a 4 day and they wouldn't so since those 3 days cost so little, we decided to just eat the price. We used all 4 days on DH and DDs tickets but only 4 of the 7 days on mine. I still have 3 days left on my ticket that Disney is letting me keep plus it was extended to 9/26/21.

As others have said, they don't have to be used within 14 days if they've received the 9/26/21 expiration date. It even states that on MDE under the ticket section.

I currently have 10-day park hoppers that were supposed to be used just this past week. :( But I made park reservations for Thanksgiving week using them (7 days) and was able to make 3 more days of park reservations in May using those same tickets.

I'm not 100% positive we'll be going during Thanksgiving yet, and it probably makes more sense to hold out hope that park-hopping will be back by next May so I can get the value out of them, but here's a question to ponder.... If I did use 7 of those days in November, do you think the remaining 3 days would be upgradable next May? I would need to have more than 3 days, but I wouldn't want to have to start from scratch if I couldn't upgrade those tickets. I'm sure no one knows right now, but I wonder when we'll find out.

As others have said, they don't have to be used within 14 days if they've received the 9/26/21 expiration date. It even states that on MDE under the ticket section.

I currently have 10-day park hoppers that were supposed to be used just this past week. :( But I made park reservations for Thanksgiving week using them (7 days) and was able to make 3 more days of park reservations in May using those same tickets.

I'm not 100% positive we'll be going during Thanksgiving yet, and it probably makes more sense to hold out hope that park-hopping will be back by next May so I can get the value out of them, but here's a question to ponder.... If I did use 7 of those days in November, do you think the remaining 3 days would be upgradable next May? I would need to have more than 3 days, but I wouldn't want to have to start from scratch if I couldn't upgrade those tickets. I'm sure no one knows right now, but I wonder when we'll find out.
I was told that tickets were able to be used over multiple trips, but you could not upgrade the ticket in any way.

When I called about refunds of the PH portion of our tickets, I was cautioned changing them would change the ticket back to date based. From what I have read, if you have a 7 day PH ticket extended to 9/26/21, you can use it on any 7 days, nonconsecutive, until expiration. However, any changes to the tickets, upgrades or downgrading, will change that.

I have a 7 day PH. I’m using it on a 5 day September trip and the remaining days on a 5 day March trip.

I am in the same boat. Leave Thursday, will use only 4 days of 7 day tickets for me and family. We will find out for sure while there, and I will post here.

Doubtful. It’s a 10-day ticket, the longest (regular US) ticket offered. Even no-expire tickets could not be upgraded beyond the max 10-days.
I was told that tickets were able to be used over multiple trips, but you could not upgrade the ticket in any way.

I'm sure y'all are right -- just wishful thinking on my part. If I lived closer, I could take two 5-day trips with those tickets and actually get some value out of them despite no park-hopping, but I don't want to take that short of a trip, especially for a summer trip. If I could convince my 17 year old that we should go over Christmas, then we could stay longer, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is no park-hopping the rest of 2020. Since I bought those hoppers before the last price increase (and at a discount through UT), I don't think there would be any refund for me on the hopper portion based on current prices of tickets. Might have to wait for next May after all.

Is this available for all tickets purchased? I don't have tickets but am thinking of a quick trip in October or so. But most likely going in May. Would I be able to buy 10 day tickets now and use 3 in October and 7 in May or is this only on previously purchased tickets?

No, only the previously sold tickets were extended. The tickets on sale now use the standard expiration date rules based on start date and length of ticket because you are able to check park availability before purchasing.

No, only the previously sold tickets were extended. The tickets on sale now use the standard expiration date rules based on start date and length of ticket because you are able to check park availability before purchasing.

Kind of what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

please any additional ticket questions can be posted on the sticky managed by Robo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!