7 month availability in April/May?

deangeka

Earning My Ears
We are very close to buying DVC on the resale market. But are curious what resorts are more difficult to book at 7 months for a trip in April and May? This will influence our decision about what to choose as our home resort. I’ve tried to research this info but I’m coming up empty. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Last edited:
May starts booking up earlier than April, especially in resort/room categories that have comparatively good value. DVC people like to stretch their points and gravitate toward weeks that are lower point seasons, especially those that avoid extreme weather. Early May and December often end up with patchy 7 month availability for this reason.

The flow of April swings around Easter. Because Easter week is the highest points and also blocked out for most APs, it actually fills slower than many assume. April usually has more options at 7 months than May.

For which resorts have better or worse odds to trade in April/May, much depends on trip length and/or room type. Needing 7 nights in a row is more of a challenge than 4 nights. Those 4 nights could be more of a challenge for specific dates rather than sometime within a given date range. Studios and 2BR are typically more of a challenge than 1BR. Standard views typically more of a challenge than higher point preferred views.

https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/availability-tables

Check out this site for the specific rooms you’re interested.

It’s easier than fall. I own at BWV and typically book fall trips there. Spring is when I book elsewhere at 7 months. I got Poly in April 2023, Riviera in April 2022. I also had Riviera last month that I pieced together under 7 months. Riviera was a preferred studio, standard gone.

Thinking about it after going through bookings recently, I feel that the results from https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/availability-tables can be a little misleading.
It's missing some context basically. Sure there are rooms available at exactly 8am 11/7 months out, but how many are they?
It's more or less telling you that historically you have a fair shot for a given week but not how good are your chances of actually scoring that room even if you're booking at exactly 8:00am. Of course resort/room/time of year would greatly affect how "accurate" these tables would be, but I know from recent experience that busy weeks that are shown to be wide open historically are only open at 8:00am, but not 15 seconds or so after the window opens.
I feel like we need historical tables for a 11/7 months out at 8:01AM :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter