70% chance of rain for next 10 days updated after returning

is this as bad as it looks?
Im here with ya.
I both hope and suspect the usual 3pm downpour.
Pretty bad one today for about 2 hours. I think usually, and again hoping, only 30 min or so.

However. On the positive side. Oooooh boy was magic kingdom dead today!
Pros and cons to every time of year.
We got low crowds but hurricane season.

is this as bad as it looks?
No. That just means it's going to rain at some point on each of those days, which is totally predictable for a Florida summer. It doesn't mean it will rain for 70% of the daytime. Summer days there tend to see daily afternoon rains or thunderstorms that typically last a few hours at most. We were just there this past weekend, and that was the pattern, just as it was during the other two summer WDW trips we've taken in the past.

In summer, you should try to get outdoor rides in before noon, as the likelihood of rain is extremely low in the morning during Florida summers.

As a resident of the greater Orlando area of 25 years and now a snowbird...I can tell u that is the normal late summer weather pattern....around 4pm ish it always comes....Just b prepared to do some "inside stuff" for about 30 mins...it will pass soon enuff

Take it with a grain of salt, be prepared, but don't let it ruin your plans:umbrella:.
We have found doing forecast of the Orlando weather is very unpredictable when we travel.
Really can't take it seriously for about a day or two before, strange, for some reason.

As a resident of the greater Orlando area of 25 years and now a snowbird...I can tell u that is the normal late summer weather pattern....around 4pm ish it always comes....Just b prepared to do some "inside stuff" for about 30 mins...it will pass soon enuff
Markb681.off topic a bit....how do you like "snowbirding" in the Orlando area?:confused3 Must be NICE to get out of the cold!::yes::

Its been pretty overcast and rainy here in Florida this week. I suspect next week is the same. Not quite the same as a sunny day with the random 3 pm downpour, but more like the true scattered storms that will rain for a couple hours in the afternoon. We are going Monday and we are bringing rain jackets instead of just ponchos.

We arrived Tues the 28th and went to HS from 3-7. It poured & stormed the whole time we were there. Obviously less than ideal, but we rode all 3 TSL rides in an hour and a half w/o FP so I can’t complain.
Wed we were at MK open to close and it rained almost all day, but didn’t downpour really.
Yesterday we were at AK open to close and it sprinkled once but then stayed dry the rest of the day.
Today super hot and sunny and no rain to speak of yet.
It’s all just so random!!!

We get rain pretty much daily all summer and into fall. These are usually quick (sometimes VERY sudden!) thunderstorms, that are heavy on the downpour, but generally very brief. Usually they hit late afternoon or early evening, so if you’re parking a stroller or ECV in an outside lot in that time zone, you might want to toss a plastic cover/garbage bag/etc over it. I can’t count the number of times I’ve gotten into an indoor line/gone to eat when the ground was dry, to come out to clear skies but big puddles because the storm came and went again already.

Normal... Don't worry. As mentioned... always have your raingear with you, do outdoor rides in the am and have a good raincover for your stroller if you have one. I was there for two weeks (14/8-28/8) and would wish for the afternoon showers! They would cool the air a bit and clear the parks! My suggestion would be to always be prepared... even if it is a 10% chance... At this time it is so unpredictable!

Just thought I’d post to thank those that replied to me and tell others not to get so nervous about seeing 70% rain everyday. I never wore a poncho!!!! Though rain was forecasted 9/5-11 every day, it wasn’t a washout. A few times we walked in a lite drizzle but it wasn’t enough to seek shelter or put ponchos on. Sooooo if you’re bummed when you see the 10 day forecast , don’t panic yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter