10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

Glad to see you all were able to enjoy your meal, but that is just ridiculous they wouldn't let your son sit with you.

UPDATE:
Good morning. So, we walk into Trattoria al Forno and I go up to the counter to check us in. I apologize for being late (10 Mins) and ask if we can add a chair for my son at our table. I explain that he's in the college program, and he'd like to sit with us, but won't be eating. I said he only found out his schedule a few days ago, and since he's off, we'd like to sit and visit with him. Well, the first girl says it's not a problem and sure she can do that. Then, out of nowhere, this other woman says nope, not unless you pay the $35 price tag. So, I interject and repeat that he won't be eating and she tells me it's for the entertainment. Hello? What???? You want us to pay $35 to sit at the table, not eat, but he can take pics with the characters (which he wasn't going to do anyway)...So, I explain again that he's in the college program, my mom (his grandma) hasn't seen him since December, and can he just sit with us???? She says nope again, THEN tells me if he'd like to sit next door where the characters don't visit, he can and just have a glass of water. AGAIN, I said,"WHAT?" I said,"Doesn't that defeat the purpose of us getting to sit and visit with him?" She then shrugs her shoulders and walks away!!!!!! Ok, am I just a moron? Was that like the worst Disney display of a cast member EVER???? I don't get it...We were all VERY disappointed. So, poor Tim walks in, hugs and kisses all around, and we have to tell him for the next hour or so he has to walk around the Boardwalk and wait for us to eat. I told him I would pay the $35 for him to sit with us, but he graciously said he would meet us in an hour. Does that entire situation suck, or what??????? I thought about canceling the reservation, but Gia was so excited to see Ariel...Unfortunately, I don't think we will be coming back. It's disappointing because the food and character interaction were top notch. The cast member encounter, NOT SO MUCH!!!!
Well that whole display by the CM was uncalled for!

Well that whole display by the CM was uncalled for!
I have made 41 trips to Disney and NEVER have I had that kind of interaction with a CM. Looking back, I should've asked to speak to a Supervisor, but I think a part of me was kind of stunned...Plus, it was our first Disney day of the trip, and I was trying to keep things positive for my mom and the rest of my family. I didn't want to cause a scene or drag the situation out any longer...

OK, REAL LIFE UPDATE!!!!

It was a busy weekend! The 80's band Sugar Ray came to my town (Oswego, IL) to play our Prairie Fest, so Joe and I got our rock on with hits like "Fly" and "Answer the Phone." We had an awesome time (Sugar Ray has always been a fav of mine), center stage and even managed to snag the set list and a drumstick. Rock on Mark McGrath!!!
Then Sunday, we went to see the White Sox play. Ashley took a few selfies with the players (Yolmer Sanchez and Kevan Smith), and unfortunately, we watched them lose...
Happy Father's Day!

Back to Disney!!!

After a very good meal at Trattoria (despite how it started) we were heading back to the Contemporary. I received notification that both our rooms were ready. It was the first time for us staying in the garden wing rooms and I was excited to check them out...We ended up having AWESOME views and connecting rooms. SCORE!

Once we were settled, my sister decided Gia needed a nap and Tim, Ali, Ash and I wanted some time in Disney Springs. We walked down to the buses and proceeded to wait, and wait and wait. I think it was close to 30 minutes before a bus came. AND, THERE WAS NO AIR CONDITIONING ON THE BUS!!!!!!! So, by the time we arrived at DS, we were all sweaty and gross. We were all in agreement that Starbucks was in order! Nothing like a Very Berry Refresher after a long, hot bus ride.
We walked around, did some shopping then headed back to the buses, where we waited and waited and waited some more. Almost 45 minutes later, we were on a bus heading back to the resort. I say this ALL the time, but I honestly LOATHE the buses at Disney!!!!!!!

I made a stop at the pool bar for a lovely Lavacolada (hey, it was on the way back to the room)! YUM! We went back to the rooms, freshened up and took some pics around the resort. Then it was time for dinner at Cali Grill. Do you think I had better luck getting Timmy added to the meal?????

UPDATE:
The staff at Cali Grill was AWESOME!! They had no problem adding Tim to our reservation. We were seated on time and had some of the best food of the trip. We shared the charcuterie board. Then, I had the wedge salad and the pepperoni flatbread with pesto. Both dishes were wonderful (unfortunately, I can't get my pics to load)! Everyone else in my family was happy with their meals as well. The only thing I didn't like about this meal was that our waiter kept trying to push the most expensive items on the menu saying they were the best. It kind of turned me off...

After we paid the bill, we walked out to the deck to watch HEA. Again, this show did not disappoint. I really love it!!!!

It was nice being able to walk back to our room after the show. Except, Ali, Ash and I didn't go to our room...We went...

I love all your pictures!!

We were literally a minute from I4 when Gia yells from the back seat that she has to go pee. OH NO!!!!
Mom! I have to go poop.
:rotfl: I remember those days! Added HOURS to road trips...............

Your experience at Trattoria totally sucks :mad: I mean, the normal protocol IS that anyone sitting at the table has to pay because yes, you are paying for the "experience" and not the food, whether you eat or not. That's why even those who have feeding tubes or have had lap band surgery, things like that, have to pay at buffet/AYCTE/character meals (although recently they've been making some exceptions to this). However, being that Tim is in the CP they should have definitely made an exception! Nobody else had to know! I think you should write an email, not that you're looking for anything free or extra but what if this occurs again in the future for you? And who knows, it could help another family with a child in the CP who end up in a similar situation :)

I love all your pictures!!

:rotfl: I remember those days! Added HOURS to road trips...............

Your experience at Trattoria totally sucks :mad: I mean, the normal protocol IS that anyone sitting at the table has to pay because yes, you are paying for the "experience" and not the food, whether you eat or not. That's why even those who have feeding tubes or have had lap band surgery, things like that, have to pay at buffet/AYCTE/character meals (although recently they've been making some exceptions to this). However, being that Tim is in the CP they should have definitely made an exception! Nobody else had to know! I think you should write an email, not that you're looking for anything free or extra but what if this occurs again in the future for you? And who knows, it could help another family with a child in the CP who end up in a similar situation :)

It was definitely an experience traveling with a potty training toddler...:rotfl2:

I am HONESTLY thinking about contacting Disney about Trattoria. I have NEVER had an experience like that!!!!

78A751F0-8383-4F40-B1C8-8ECDC019A73F.jpeg

We went out to the boat dock to watch the Electrical Water Parade, which as usual we all loved. Then it was time to get back to the room and go to sleep. We had an early morning planned...

We were up early and walking down the path to the MK in no time. Security was a breeze as we were the only ones there.

We arrived to a pretty empty park and were able to ride the carousel, Pooh, Mermaid, Peter Pan, BTMRR, IASW, POTC and Jungle Cruise before lunch. Julie, Ali and Ash even squeezed in SM. And my mom and I were able to take Gia to meet a few princesses. We also had time to stop at Gaston’s for a yummy cinnamon roll and a few LaFou’s Brews...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!