9/20/2019 Luau Cancellation

Katie2

Mouseketeer
We just received an email from Pleasant Travel cancelling the 9/20 Aulani luau. This really throws a wrench in our plans. Any idea why the luau was suddenly cancelled?

Thanks.

Check out the Paradise Cove Luau just down the street. We booked it based on the "Oahu Revealed" review even though we are staying at Aulani. It's less than a mile from Aulani, same side of the road, and supposedly on the beach. Could be a good alternative and probably cheaper.

Check out the Paradise Cove Luau just down the street. We booked it based on the "Oahu Revealed" review even though we are staying at Aulani. It's less than a mile from Aulani, same side of the road, and supposedly on the beach. Could be a good alternative and probably cheaper.

Will do! Thanks! 🙂

That's odd because the DVC was literally just trying to get us to do the timeshare presentation and were going to give us tickets to that EXACT show on the 20th. This was just two days ago.

On another note, I wonder if they will have fireworks that night with it being a wedding! We were lucky to see two rounds of private event fireworks in April when we were there.

That's odd because the DVC was literally just trying to get us to do the timeshare presentation and were going to give us tickets to that EXACT show on the 20th. This was just two days ago.

On another note, I wonder if they will have fireworks that night with it being a wedding! We were lucky to see two rounds of private event fireworks in April when we were there.

What?!?! Oh boy! I’m definitely interested in finding out more about whether they are having the luau that day. Seems odd they would offer it to you if it weren’t available.

They may not have gotten the updated memo or something. I don't know. We had decided not to do it as we have already attended that Luau anyway. So we booked another. However, I know when the luau is not available they give away a resort gift card. So now I am wanting to do the timeshare for the gift card.

Go to Paradise Cove. It’s an easy walk. It’s a better Luau and the sunsets are amazing. Even though they are beautiful from the resort they aren’t captured with your dinner venue the same way. We’ve done Germaine’s and it’s a local favorite but not close to you at all. For other dinners we also like the Monkey Pod Kitchen across the street and the main restaurant at the Marriott Ko’Olina again a super easy walk. You can walk down to Marriott on the beach side.

Go to Paradise Cove. It’s an easy walk. It’s a better Luau and the sunsets are amazing. Even though they are beautiful from the resort they aren’t captured with your dinner venue the same way. We’ve done Germaine’s and it’s a local favorite but not close to you at all. For other dinners we also like the Monkey Pod Kitchen across the street and the main restaurant at the Marriott Ko’Olina again a super easy walk. You can walk down to Marriott on the beach side.

We actually booked Paradise Cove for the 20th, and are going to the Aulani luau on the 21st. We stuck with the Orchid package (middle package) for Paradise Cove. Is that ok, or do you recommend the most expensive package?

Also, thanks for the restaurant recommendations. We will definitely check these out.

You picked right. There really wasn’t a bad seat and we used the extra dollars to have our pics taken with all the macaws sitting on our shoulders. It was right on the water with the sunset in back. It was gorgeous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!