A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! Aug. 30-Sept. 6, 2017! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*

Great report and pics! It was fun following along. Thanks for posting such a detailed report.

--Sorry to be really late to the party lol--

So, an hour and a half after we landed at MCO, we were on our way to our first park of the trip!
Always exciting when you know you're on your way to your first park :)

My Dad and I would make our way to Nomad Lounge for lunch. Nomad Lounge is the lounge area connected to Tiffins. It has some of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks and appetizers on property.
We liked Nomad Lounge though we sat outside (inside was already full).

Here are pictures from the Flight of Passage queue:
Thanks for all those photos. I enjoyed seeing the queue!

With how detailed this attraction queue is, I don’t know why people have to ruin the great detail that Disney put into this queue by trying to get coins into different parts of it!
Aww man now that's just not cool at all :(

Why do you ask? That is because when we got in line, it took us 20 minutes to go the distance that should have taken 3-5 minutes to order.
I don't know if mobile ordering was available yet but it was really good to use. We used it for Pecos and even though it wasn't busy at the time we were there it did save a bit of time.

I really like how the monorail goes around Future World. The monorail definitely adds to the theming of Future World.
*sigh* oh I do too. It's why I make sure to take the monorail whenever I can to Epcot.

I also miss Gary Sinese being the narrator of this mission, but I’m sure I will get used to the new lady.
Me too but Gina Torres wasn't too bad in the role.

Did you know that the bridge between China and the trading post is a draw bridge?
Umm I had no idea, that's really cool to learn.

Here is when I finally got the chance to design a car, and lets just say I went a little crazy.
I really miss the old Test Track but I did really enjoy picking my own design.

Inside the Festival Center, Ghirardelli has a location where they have several displays that are made out of chocolate. These displays were very impressive.
Oooohhhh those are pretty and so well done with all that detail.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is by far my favorite nighttime show on property. I really hope it doesn’t leave, but I know it will at some point.
It really is a good show and yes I'll be sad too the day it's gone.

We were dropped off at the Ticket and Transportation Center. I would then go into extreme panic mode.
Oh no! I had a mini panic for you as I was reading that lol.

You get a really unique view of Cinderella’s Castle while on the Peoplemover.
Yes you do--though I must say getting no blurry pics are hard for me :)

So, to the cast member that gave me a magical moment by giving me a fastpass to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train…Thank you!
Aww that was really nice of that CM!

I always get this song stuck in my head when I ride the Haunted Mansion!
Love me some Haunted Mansion. Aaron rolls his eyes when that song comes on my Disney Pandora station or my Disney (as well as Halloween) YouTube playlists.

Yeah yeah I'm late on finishing :o

So, after 4 hours of standing in line, I would make my way onto the attraction around noon.
Props to you for standing in line that long :D

My Dad would then join me since he came to the park later, and we would get lunch at Satu’li Canteen. I really like this quick service, and it has turned into one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property.
I really liked it too.

I also learned that Kilimanjaro Safaris is one of the only outdoor attractions that will run in rain and lightning. This attractions will only close if flooding along the driving route takes place.
Ohhh that's a tidbit I didn't know.

I walked up and the wait time was 13 minutes. The very classic wait time for this attraction when there is basically no wait. :)
:love::love:

Up next was Living with the Land. My Dad and I had a fastpass for this attraction, but I would like to point out that this had a 40 minute stand-by wait. It had been years since I have seen this attraction have that long of a wait.
Yikes! That's long for that ride I feel like.

That was probably the closest I have ever been to seeing an actual fight at a Disney Theme Park.
Sorry you had that going on both the CMs and the guests.

After a quick lunch, my Dad and I decided to walk towards Muppet Vision 3D when we stumbled upon the construction for Star Wars land! I really can’t wait for this to open!
I'm excite about Star Wars too should be really detailed too.

The balloon was not running on this day. I have still not gone up in it either. Personally, I feel like I would be to scared to go up in it.
Me too but I hear it's a great view of the area.

Florida sunsets will never get old! They are definitely beautiful.
They are...I may be biased for sure but I think Kansas sunsets are better :P:D

I saw my name on the screen!!!
I loved it when it happened to us. It's such a cute feature.

At this point, it was time to head to Main Street to get a spot for Happily Ever After. On the way, I would capture this side shot of Cinderella’s Castle.
Ohhhh pretty ::yes::

It was then time for Happily Ever After.
Love the photos.

So, I looked, and I was able to pick up a same time fastpass for Na’vi River Journey! I thought I was the luckiest person ever. My Dad and I would make our way into Pandora to ride the one attraction that I thought I wouldn’t get to ride on this trip.
That's awesome!! I had fun looking for FPs on our trip..it was part of the thrill actually :laughing:

So, this was the worst security experience I have ever had at MCO.
Ugh yeah we didn't have the best experience either.

My Dad and I would then drive home, and our vacation was over! :(
I hate that part on all my vacations. Sometimes I'm ready to get home, especially if I've been missing my cat lol, but I still have a bit of sadness when it's all over and I wish I had just a wee bit more time.

Here I am going to show you all of the merchandise that I bought on this trip.
Thanks for that section. Looks like you got a good stash to bring home!
-----------------------------------
Enjoyed reading this trip report and the detail you put into it including the end sections of the overview of the resort, room, trip and merchandise. Looking forward to the next trip report I read :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter