Delete Thread

I'm here! How fun that you and @xlsm are doing a trip together! Hopefully you guys won't get into too much trouble playing musical chairs. :rotfl:

Yay! Your trips sound so fun! Now I want to get back out to Cali lol.

I'm going to put this here instead of a text: in Cali we've done
Griffith Park/Observatory (saw Hollywood sign from there)
La Brea Tar Pits
Santa Monica Pier
Warner Bros Studio Tour
Sea World
Old Town San Diego
USS Midway
Balboa Park - didn't hit the gardens though I'd like to, but did the Air and Space museum and auto museum. We've talked about just going to SD for a weekend and doing the park the whole time, we didn't realize quite how big it is until we got there.
San Diego Zoo - one of my favorite zoos ever. It's huge! Only topped by Omaha's Zoo for me - I'm slightly biased of course, but if you guys enjoy zoos and are ever feeling a need to head to the midwest, Omaha zoo has tons of really great stuff. So much has been added since the last time I went (2015) and the last time I took Zack (2012) that I want to go back with him this summer.

Of course DLR and Uni. We love Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. And Zack must always eat at Blue Bayou for the theming. I would definitely look into a dining package for Fantasmic if you plan to see that (and it's wayyyyy better than WDWs). I can't wait to hear about your Marvel night - I love the DLs have themes and they've looked really cool so far!

Also I love In n Out :love:

Your Sept trip sounds so fun, I'm sure you guys will have a blast! We haven't figured out if/when we would go to HHN this year. I think Zack's brother has mentioned trying to go again in October, but he's starting law school so I know that will limit his time. (Actually I just pulled up the calendar, and it looks like they have class from Aug 19 to Nov 25 with only Labor Day off :crazy2:) Since our summer trip is shorter than planned, I know Zack wants to do another trip (we were going to do Uni and WDW for a day or two each with his parents) like a 4 day weekender thing, and he's brought up all going at the same time to do HHN too. But I have a gut feeling that if his brother finds a weekend with law school, it'll be like last year anyways and they'll just go without telling Zack until it's really close (or like the wedding trip were they told him while in line for opening night of HHN).

I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan, so that was definitely the draw for me for WB. They had a little Harry Potter thing at the time too.

That's how Old Town was a few years ago - at least you looked before lol. We walked around and looked and there are lots of mexican restaurants to eat it which is what we did.

BB is definitely pricey, but Zack always wants to eat there anyways... so it makes more sense to do the package lol. The food has always been fine, decent but nothing special and not worth that price anywhere else. I considered River Belle Terrace too (actually we did the fantasmic package there the day we got engaged :)) but again, Zack wanting to eat at BB... lol. But I was also the person who was pumped to see it last April when we went, and then tried to talk Zack into skipping it at DHS back in September :rolleyes:

I'll definitely keep you updated if we plan for HHN!

Aw, that again :sad2:
Yeah :sad2: Almost in the same vein, the final cruise payment is due the 23rd. Even though brothers have known about this plan for a year and a half at this point, haven't gotten a penny of their part.

*mentally prepares to float cruise payment* :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

I'm here!!

(I'm also planning on posting a TR for the California trip afterwards on the Disneyland/Cali boards).

Yay!! I look forward to following along!

We also have tickets to the Marvel after dark event :hyper: I'm so excited for this because I've always wanted to do one of their theme nights, and this one fell right during our trip,

This sounds super cool. I am not finding the DLR site as easy to use and find special events as the WDW site...are you having the same problem?

I'm also very very excited to announce I've bought tickets to a place where they have domesticated foxes :lovestruc

WOW!! That looks so amazing!!

I will say there's a lot of cool snack places everywhere, food halls, food festivals, breakfast cafes, dessert/donut places, and a lot of gluten free places. T

I hear ya. I'm having a really hard time trying to narrow down what to try.

And of course we'll be trying In N Out. :laughing:

I do like In n Out...but...personally I find Shake Shack better lol No West Coasters flame me please lol

Hey!!! I am here!!!

I'm 26, a Slytherin, & I love delicious food, Guardians of the Galaxy, & everything Halloween.
So, I AM SURE it is already on your ride list, but you guys are going to love the Guardians of the Galaxy ride!!!! It was soooooo fun!!

This is going to look slightly different from our regular trips because for the first couple days it'll be just me and a very special guest.... @xlsm!

Ff3Yml5l.jpg
That will be so fun!

I also think we may buy Maxpass for a day or 2
I totally found MaxPass to be SUPER helpful while we were there. Since we didn't know where the fastpass machines were, it saved us from wandering around a bit.

San Diego: San Diego Zoo
I have head the San Diego zoo is pretty cool. Can't wait to hear how you guys like it.

Griffith Park
Go early!!!! I couldn't believe how busy it was there. But def worth it.

In Disneyland we're looking at: Cafe Orleans, Tortilla Jo's (brunch), Carnation Cafe, Steakhouse 55, Tangeroa Terrace (breakfast), & lots of snacks.
Make sure you have a macaroon or two! They are really good there!

Please read my favorite review ever which is about the Madame Tussauds in Hollywood:
"I'm sorry we weren't born to make you happy" :rotfl2: Meanwhile, that seems like an amazing TR title... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I'm debating whether to piece together a Gamora or a Starlord costume/Disneybound.
You've got my vote! :thumbsup2

I'm also very very excited to announce I've bought tickets to a place where they have domesticated foxes :lovestruc
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

This will be the most days I've gotten to go to HHN ever :hyper:
Yay!!!

Dining: I'm not expecting most people to have a detailed knowledge of LA's or San Diego's restaurants

When in San Diego, if you want great Mexican food, dont go for the fanciest restaurant you can find. We found lots of great Mexican food in the "hole in the wall" type places. You will love the food in LA. I miss it so.

Also if you have time (there is so much to do in the LA area), Olvera St is awesome.

Me after reading your dining plans:

wp-content%252Fgallery%252Fhungry-gifs%252F101-dalmations.gif%252Ffit-in__850x850.gif

Maybe it doesn't help that I'm working at 3am today but I haven't had breakfast. Eating at 2am = feeling like a lump in my stomach, so instead I go to work and become hangry over the first hour or two before going to eat something. Today it's Mickey shaped pancakes :D

I feel all sorts of out of the loop on trip planning. I've got almost zero plans for June other than taking Zack's parents to Homecomin'. I have a room at Pop the three days before the cruise for just us, and don't even know what we're doing. Or if we're going down earlier than that too to hit Universal for a day or two. And no plans for Labor Day weekend though I'm determined to go still before the passes expire. Just rooms booked at Pop and AoA (and I'm being a horrible person and I have like 5 hotel reservations I'm holding :earseek: I just didn't want to get screwed out of decent pricing if we decide to go, or not be able to modify the reservations which also worries me). And I still want to do a long weekend for F&G but we don't know when yet as Zack has lots of travel for work. And then I found out last night an aunt is going into hospice, so I don't want to do anything until hearing more today from the family (which is what we were told). Also NE is flooding horribly and though I think we'd be good taking the interstate from CO and Lincoln/Omaha I80 between them is okay right now, I hate to go feel like a burden because they are on water restriction now due to the flooding and worry about the water supply. Basically I'm worrying way too much when I don't have enough info at this point anyways.

I'm also feeling like there was a ton of HHN news out before we started considering going last year :confused3

I am super proud of us, we've finally been working our way through the Marvel movies! We had seen all three Iron Man movies and of course the Guardians movies. But several months ago we decided to watch the Avengers on a whim and after we were like, uhh we better watch the other ones! We've got Civil War, Ragnorak, and Ant Man and then we will be ready for Infinity War (we did watch Age of Ultron at one point because we wanted to hit all of the ones on Netflix before renting anything lol). My goal is to be caught up by Endgame.

Honestly, I'm not happy about that at all.
I totally get this. I think because I just wasn't prepared for it all happening SO soon, I'm still trying to process how much this will change DHS for a long time to come. Don't get me wrong, as a big Star Wars fan, I'm thrilled, but the crowds just have me freaking out a little :headache:

Meanwhile, your plans sound great! And I can't believe you're down to 6 weeks for Cali! :hyper:

Our ADRs for Sep are coming up this week, and last weekend @xlsm and I had a very productive Facetime session where we figured it all out. There were some moments where we weren't sure how we'd figure it out but we finally got it :rotfl: We even picked places in Universal and times!

ADRs!! Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I love Star Wars, but I'm honestly pretending it doesn't exist right now :confused3

Yay! Your trips sound so fun! Now I want to get back out to Cali lol.

I'm going to put this here instead of a text: in Cali we've done
Griffith Park/Observatory (saw Hollywood sign from there)
La Brea Tar Pits
Santa Monica Pier
Warner Bros Studio Tour
Sea World
Old Town San Diego
USS Midway
Balboa Park - didn't hit the gardens though I'd like to, but did the Air and Space museum and auto museum. We've talked about just going to SD for a weekend and doing the park the whole time, we didn't realize quite how big it is until we got there.
San Diego Zoo - one of my favorite zoos ever. It's huge! Only topped by Omaha's Zoo for me - I'm slightly biased of course, but if you guys enjoy zoos and are ever feeling a need to head to the midwest, Omaha zoo has tons of really great stuff. So much has been added since the last time I went (2015) and the last time I took Zack (2012) that I want to go back with him this summer.

Of course DLR and Uni. We love Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. And Zack must always eat at Blue Bayou for the theming. I would definitely look into a dining package for Fantasmic if you plan to see that (and it's wayyyyy better than WDWs). I can't wait to hear about your Marvel night - I love the DLs have themes and they've looked really cool so far!

Also I love In n Out :love:

Your Sept trip sounds so fun, I'm sure you guys will have a blast! We haven't figured out if/when we would go to HHN this year. I think Zack's brother has mentioned trying to go again in October, but he's starting law school so I know that will limit his time. (Actually I just pulled up the calendar, and it looks like they have class from Aug 19 to Nov 25 with only Labor Day off :crazy2:) Since our summer trip is shorter than planned, I know Zack wants to do another trip (we were going to do Uni and WDW for a day or two each with his parents) like a 4 day weekender thing, and he's brought up all going at the same time to do HHN too. But I have a gut feeling that if his brother finds a weekend with law school, it'll be like last year anyways and they'll just go without telling Zack until it's really close (or like the wedding trip were they told him while in line for opening night of HHN).

Hi, i’m Mulling over booking a combo starlight tour from anaheim are end of august that includes WB studio tour & the strip, etc.

Do you think the BD girl who will be 9 would enjoy? Have raised her right, she likes TMZ and wants to see the viper room haha. From brief reviews I’ve found WB tour sounds rather ‘dry’??? I’m seeing studio props/costumes referenced as highlights with with photo ops. Is there more to it?

Hey :wave2:

Yes I'm so excited! :rotfl: hopefully we won't have to move any chairs.

I thought of doing the WB studio tour, but I'm not sure it has enough shows we watch involved in it to make it worthwhile :scratchin I also originally had Old Town in our plans, but I think most of it closes at night and realistically I don't think we'd make it there before 5pm either day with the fox encounter being outside San Diego and the zoo being on the other day.

Yeah, if we were doing Fantasmic I'd maybe do a Blue Bayou package. I'd like to see it, but I don't know if the shows are a "must do" for us on this trip. I know it has the best seats for the show. I want to see Fantasmic, but with the price of the package, and the menu not really appealing to me at all I'm not sure if it's worth it for us. And since we're mostly doing weekday days it's possible Fantasmic won't even be playing on any of our days.

I'm so excited! Aw, that again :sad2: well if you are there I hope we see you!

I’ve done BB several times and the Fantasmic pkg twice, one halloween related the other ‘regular’. They gave square plastic cover foam seats (the type you use for sporting events) to place on concrete ground. Better than nothing. The area that was reserved was on the left between Cafe Orleans going to HM where it’s a bit elevated with a few steps. Not sure if they still give out the seats. JMHO but the pre fixe pricing is ‘disney’ reasonable. Filet is good and the monte Christo too but you can get same one in park. It’s probably my favorite disney restaurant in any park. If you go make sure to try to get the 1st lunch reservation and tell them you will wait for a seat directly by rail next to water...it’s worth it :)

PS was failing miserably to find a hotel near DL that wasn’t shady & expensive over Labor Day. Was surprised how easy it was to discern the hotwire hotels. Wound up at great wolf at half the lowest rate I could find, they have nice waterpark & better bars:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter