Delete Thread

Glad your plans haven’t been disrupted too much.......

Have a wonderful time.........

Glad things didn't get too messed up with the weather issues. I'm following along on Instagram! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree about Endgame. I think my expectations might have been too high and therefore I was let down. Glad I'm not the only one. I can't wait to hear about Disney in the west.

I agree about Endgame. I think my expectations might have been too high and therefore I was let down. Glad I'm not the only one. I can't wait to hear about Disney in the west.

I'm happy to hear other people felt that way too. My expectations for Endgame were definitely high, and for most people I think it's lived up to that, for me there were some plot/character things that I just didn't feel lived up to that. My dad felt the same way too.

Surprise Trip-3 weeks!
HHN/Disney Trip-16 weeks

QqjWiZu.gif

Ok so I have good news and bad news. Which for some reason whenever I hear that phrase I always think about this moment from the Fairly Oddparents:

miXnzQLl.png

I know, I know when you read "surprise trip" you thought good news!

iyhJ0w6.gif

Unlike Cosmo I'm going to get the bad news out of the way first. Today as I was driving to work I pulled into the gas station which had a small pot hole right at the entrance, and I heard a loud noise. The kind where you're like "um what just broke?"

0mzNBV2.gif

hFUx08sl.jpg

That's what broke. OH OK. Except I wasn't that calm in the moment you see the car wouldn't move and I was both thinking who should I call?, should I call work first?, what if this costs a million dollars? (which is what runs through my head whenever I need car repairs).

FzHjklv.gif

The car also WOULD NOT move which freaked me out more. Especially because when I went in the gas station to tell the employee why I couldn't move the car (keep in mind there's 4 entrances and there was still a ton of room to go around me) and she got mad at me for "blocking the entrance".

FSFTIH1.gif

My dad works with someone who is also a mechanic and my dad's out of work due to an arm injury that he's getting surgery for tomorrow so I called him. Then I called work and told them I wouldn't be in today. He had the mechanic from his work come to look at it. The mechanic said it was a broken axle which when googling it seemed better than what I had assumed. But explained why it couldn't be moved at all. The mechanic also works with a towing company so that's the one we called.

Then the tow truck driver made us wait for 2 HOURS before he came.

View attachment 402576

I guess he was almost there, but there was a bank robbery and the police called him to tow what they suspected was the getaway car which to be fair is way more exciting than my situation.

So now I'm waiting to hear exactly what it is, how much it will cost, and how long I won't have a car for (I'm hoping to get it back by early next week). The mechanic didn't really look at it again yet, but from a quick look by the tow truck guy he actually thought it was the arm the axle is on and not the axle itself that broke (which would be nice because it's an even cheaper part). It rusted out, so my guess is it wasn't the tiny pothole since I go through potholes everyday, but the winter weather/road salt.

Real time update: I just talked to Josh (who also works with this mechanic), and he said he did look at it again and they were looking at all the parts (it was both the arm and the axle that broke) and the parts aren't too expensive for my car. He thinks overall it'll be about $500-600 with labor which isn't ideal, but isn't bad considering what I looked up.

And in a way it seems I was lucky with the location it happened in, because if it rusted over the winter I'm guessing it was only a matter of time, and if I had been driving when it happened it would've caused an accident.

Also isn't it just the way it is? Every time you get everything all settled up financially/pay for something. Suddenly something happens and you're like yupp of course now that I just paid for something, this happens. :rotfl:

GrDos37.gif

Onto the good news...

I'm going back to WDW in 3 weeks!

Al9Ayvtl.jpg

So if any of you are following @xlsm's PTR she had some troubles with a trip coming up, and they and they had to change some things. You can read about it here. So she is now going on a solo trip. Her solo trip is actually around when we had talked about going back when we were thinking of June instead of September so I thought I could get an extra day off for a 3 day weekend at least (I get a comp day for Memorial Day around this time). Well this week I got approved to take my comp day on that Thurs (then I have Fri & Sat off) so I'll be joining her June 13th-15th!

e70vLNC.gif

I'm so excited for a million different reasons:

1. I can't wait to hang out with Samantha, and I didn't think I'd get to till September, but now I get to see her twice this year!

2. I've never been to Disney during the summer or this close to my actual birthday (it's the following weekend).

3. This will be the first time I get to try an after hours event! (We booked two)

4. We get to see HS one last time before Star Wars opens, so maybe we won't need to stop there in Sep after it does.

5. And we have so much good food planned!

I know that was only five and not a million but you get the idea :rotfl:

So first thing I did was book the flight because I had points. The only non stop flight going to Orlando that morning was more in the afternoonish which was annoying (they seem to change depending on the time of year), but it shouldn't be too bad. On the way home I was able to book a nighttime flight.

Then we had another productive Facetime session. Well in the beginning we veered off the rails a little :lmao: But we got there eventually.:thumbsup2 I bought my 2 day (1 park per day) ticket, she transferred the HS after hours ticket to me, I bought us ones for the MK after hours, then we talked dining and FP's so we could figure out our park days and came up with this:

Thurs-Arrive around 4-5 pm, Dluxe Burger (MK Villains After Hours)
Fri-Wine Bar George, Il Mulino (MK, HS after hours)
Sat-Cape May Cafe, Epcot lounge or QS (Epcot, ME will probably be around 6 pm for me).

For September there hasn't really been any changes or news. We did take Wine Bar George off a lunch and switch it to a brunch awhile ago, and never replaced it with anything. But we've booked Le Cellier to take it's place.

I also found out EVERCLEAR IS PLAYING ON OUR F&W DAYS!

RLFIyo6.gif

This was the band I had hoped would be on our days. Maybe it's because I'm a 90's kid, but I've always liked Everclear. I feel like they had very few hits, but I actually have all their music, and I've always really liked them. Also Josh and I don't have a lot of music tastes in common, but he actually likes them too. So we booked the La Hacienda package for Everclear for the 3 of us since we were planning to eat there anyway.

Now Sep looks like this:

Fri-Toothsome, Jake's (HHN)
Sat-Wine Bar George brunch (or Islands), Vivo (Universal/HHN)
Sun-Se7en Bites Brunch, Cowfish (Universal/HHN)
Mon-Crystal Palace, Le Cellier (MK/Epcot)
Tues-F&W, Toledo (Epcot/MNSSHP)
Wed-Brown Derby or F&W, Shulas (HS/Epcot or Epcot/HHN)-Josh arrives this day
Thurs-Boma, La Hacienda (AK, Epcot for Everclear concert/HHN)
Fri-Bigfire, Bice (Universal/HHN)
Sat-Red Oven Pizza, Mythos (Universal)

And finally:

My sister also had her Sweet 16 recently:

uxOL72Tl.jpg

(Sadly, I was away for this, but she had a 50's themed party).

And my brother had his prom last weekend:

YZshbOCl.jpg

Lovely update Raeven!! Well, apart from the car issues........it really does hit the fan at times.....when you least need it........

But excellent news on the bonus trip! We did summer last year and it was fine.......July was hot, so you’ll do fine in June.....

September looks good too.....we’re looking forward to Big Fire too.......looks so good!! You have some good choices in there for Universal.........we tried Vivo for the first time this past trip and really enjoyed it........:thumbsup2

Your trips are all falling into place.........and lovely pictures of your family too........:)

she got mad at me for "blocking the entrance".

I mean, what was she expecting you to do?? Lift the car up and drag it??

but there was a bank robbery and the police called him to tow what they suspected was the getaway car which to be fair is way more exciting than my situation.

This is so crazy :rotfl::rotfl:

Well in the beginning we veered off the rails a little :lmao:

Sometimes it's hard to focus :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I already told you I was running the insane asylum, I mean, concession stand, at Field Day today, but when you first were telling me about it, I was on an emergency soda shopping trip and I told the woman I was with about my trip getting messed up, how you could come and had just bought your tickets, and now the car thing. Of all the bad timing!!

I feel like time is going to fly by and the June trip will be here in no time!! party:

I guess he was almost there, but there was a bank robbery and the police called him to tow what they suspected was the getaway car which to be fair is way more exciting than my situation.
:scared1:
That is exciting! lol

Yay for surprise trips! That really stinks about your car. Maybe it will be even less than expected :wizard: :D
I love people. Like yes, this isn't convenient for me at all, I just wanted to inconvenience you and block the entrance. It sounded like fun today. :confused3

Also I have food envy now because we haven't made it to Il Mulino still, and also because I was telling someone about Cowfish the other day and all I could think of was (what is now known in my head as) Josh's burger lol.

Man, you can't make this kind of stuff up! Can you? Sorry about the car.

So if any of you are following @xlsm's PTR she had some troubles with a trip coming up, and they had to change some things. You can read about it here. So she is now going on a solo trip. Her solo trip is actually around when we had talked about going back when we were thinking of June instead of September so I thought I could get an extra day off for a 3 day weekend at least (I get a comp day for Memorial Day around this time). Well this week I got approved to take my comp day on that Thurs (then I have Fri & Sat off) so I'll be joining her June 13th-15th!

e70vLNC.gif
YEAH! That will be so fun!

Surprise Trip-3 weeks!
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

The kind where you're like "um what just broke?"
Oh no... :headache:

Especially because when I went in the gas station to tell the employee why I couldn't move the car (keep in mind there's 4 entrances and there was still a ton of room to go around me) she got mad at me for "blocking the entrance".
:mad: I really have very little tolerance for people without compassion. Grrr.

Then the tow truck driver made us wait for 2 HOURS before he came.

OMG :scared1:

It rusted out, so my guess is it wasn't the tiny pothole since I go through potholes everyday, but the winter weather/road salt.
Ugh. Gotta love winters in New York. :sad2: I had a rust/weather/road salt-caused issue twice this winter myself :faint:

And in a way it seems I was lucky with the location it happened in
I'm so glad to hear this. It sounds like it could have been way worse, and thankfully it wasn't.

I'm going back to WDW in 3 weeks!
:cool1:

so I'll be joining her June 13th-15th!
So exciting! It's practically tomorrow :laughing:

3. This will be the first time I get to try an after hours event! (We booked two)
Oooh! I'm anxious to hear about this. I've been debating whether to do one myself.

4. We get to see HS one last time before Star Wars opens
Glad to hear this too. My August trip is right before SWL opens and I'm so happy it happened to work out that way. I'm a huge SW fan, but I'm kinda terrified of everything it'll bring. I HATE CROWDS. I keep reading that September still looks pretty good crowd-wise despite SWL opening. After all, schools are still all in session at that point so people can't be pulling kids out immediately once the year starts!

But we've booked Le Cellier to take it's place.
Awesome! I went here a couple years ago and loved it. And it's such a cool atmosphere too.

Yeah, I just imagine if that had happened while I was actually driving any faster than like 2mph and was in the middle of traffic, I imagine it would not have been good for my car or me to stop that suddenly.
I know. Very scary.

I'll tell you all about it! I plan to do a TR for that trip after I finish the one I'm currently working on. I've never had to work on so many at once :rotfl:
:rotfl: Well, I'm enjoying all of them - and happy to add another to the list soon ;)

We were pretty sure Sep would still be fine. We'll mostly be at HHN with only a few days at Disney, and now that we're doing the after hours I think we might skip HS entirely unless we eat there so maybe that will keep us safe from crowds.
I think you'll be completely fine. I've been obsessively reading about crowd expectations in the coming months and September seems to be the best choice still :thumbsup2 So glad you'll be doing the after hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!