A 2019 PTR: California, HHN 29, & More Updated 9/24 Completed (TR & DTR Link Posted)

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Surprise Trip-Today!
HHN Trip-13 weeks

Today is the day! I’m at the airport right now, and hopefully I’ll be at Disney soon! It’s still possible I’ll be delayed because of the storms, but the flight also might leave during a break in the storms. Fingers crossed! I board in about 20 minutes. (I’m sure I’ll post again if anything changes). You can follow along with my trip on Instagram (raevenleigh).

36105D6C-745F-44F1-B058-E40F8327FD55.jpeg

• Raeven

DIS Veteran

• schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    Look forward to reading it Raeven…...and can`t believe HHN is so close!!!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN Trip-9.5 weeks!

It's been awhile since my last update so:

I've been working on the TR and vlogs from my last trip, and then I meant to update last week but we ended up binging the last 2 seasons of Stranger Things :rotfl: (We'd only seen the first one).

I'm actually really really excited for Stranger Things at HHN this year. I liked the first season, but I liked the second and third seasons even more.

I've started to do some shopping for this year's HHN shirts, and some should be arriving this week, but I'm waiting for some more houses to be announced before I buy certain ones.

I also bought this ridiculous contraption, that I still have to try out:

This is apparently for sports, and Josh thought it was hilarious, but we'll see who's laughing when I've got my double neck fans on at HHN :rotfl:

Samantha and I’s FP day for the Disney portion of our trip is also coming up soon! (The 18th) so I have to start making some kind of small itinerary. We're also looking for MNSSHP shirts/ideas that would not make us have heatstroke so any suggestions are welcome. I'm thinking maybe just a Haunted Mansion shirt off Etsy. I had found the shirts Eleven and Max wear at Hot Topic, and thought that would be a good idea but Eleven's shirt was entirely polyester and it also sold out in like less than a day so I think that's out.

It's also kind of old news now, but Food and Wine menus are out!

Here's my (long) wishlist:

The Alps

• Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
    • Frozen Rose
    Appleseed Orchard

• Frozen Apple Pie (non-alcoholic)
    • Cider Flight also available (There's some apple ciders that sound good).
    Belgium

• Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes (This is my favorite dish every year).
    • Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
    Brazil

• Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
    Canada (Depends if we eat at at Le Cellier or not)

• Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
    • Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce
    The Cheese Studio

• Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushrooms and Boursin® Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce
    Earth Eats

• IMPOSSIBLE™ Cottage Pie: IMPOSSIBLE™ Ground Meat with Carrots, Mushrooms, and Peas topped with Mashed Cauliflower, White Beans, and Mozzarella
    Flavors From Fire

• Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Paprika and Mango-Lime Compote
    France

• Fondue Savoyarde: Fondue of Imported Cheeses and Chardonnay served with Croutons
    • Boeuf Braisé à la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine: Beef Braised in Cabernet Sauvignon with Red Onions and Puffed Potatoes
    • La Passion Martini Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice
    Germany

• Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce
    Hawai'i

• Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts
    India

• Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread
    Ireland

• Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
    • Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread
    Islands of the Caribbean

• Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
    • Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli
    Italy

• Ravioli Carbonara: Parmesan and Pecorino Ravioli, Egg Yolk, Cream, and Bacon
    Mexico

• Tostada de Carne: Braised Beef on a Corn Tostada with Mole Oaxaqueño and Chicharrón Dust
    • Capirotada de Chocolate: Chocolate Bread Pudding served with Chocolate Abuelita Crème Anglaise (I think I'd rather get a margarita from Choza De Margarita since I've never tried those).
    Refreshment Outpost

• Savanna Smoothie: Coconut Milk, Agave, and Amarula Cream Liqueur
    Refreshment Port

• Dragon Berry Refresher featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum
    Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar

• Cheesecake Trio: Raspberry, Chocolate, and New York-Style Cheesecake Bites
    • Shimmering Strawberry Soft-serve in a Waffle Cone
    • Tropical Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava Juices
    Wine and Dine Studio

• Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds
    The Chocolate Experience

• Ghirardelli® Drinking Chocolate (Non-alcoholic)

And here's some pictures from my birthday (which was about 2 weeks ago since this isn't a very timely post):

And the cake my dad made:

Last edited:

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    Love your pictures as always.......and what a lovely cake your dad made! Belated :bday:

Some lovely food options for food and wine, I’m not surprised your list is long! Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar sounds heavenly......love that name!

I love your sports fan!!! Yes, it may be hilarious........but you’ll have the last laugh........I hope they work as they should!

• amalone1013

DIS Veteran
    Yay!

Zack made fun of me for buying one of the regular mini fans before our cruise trip last month. Jokes on me tho because I forgot to pack it 🤦‍♀️

Can't wait to watch Stranger Things. Hopefully next week, I have to work a lot this week and Zack is traveling Thursday Friday.

I missed that the menus came out. Everything sounds so good on your list!

Due to circumstances that have come up in the last two weeks, we are now no longer trying to do HHN with Zacks brother or his parents, so are in search of new dates... :scratchin

Andddddd I got something for your birthday, just something small that I was like I think she would like this and I dont care if I look like a weird stalker :rotfl: so I will text you but am working all the hours the post office is open this week...

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Love your pictures as always.......and what a lovely cake your dad made! Belated :bday:
    Thank you!

Some lovely food options for food and wine, I’m not surprised your list is long! Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar sounds heavenly......love that name!
    I’m very excited to try that one because we never made it there last year. We stopped in briefly one night, but didn’t get time to try too much.

I love your sports fan!!! Yes, it may be hilarious........but you’ll have the last laugh........I hope they work as they should!
    It does look funny :rotfl: But I’m hoping it has more power than the mini fans, I’m going to try it out tonight.

Zack made fun of me for buying one of the regular mini fans before our cruise trip last month. Jokes on me tho because I forgot to pack it 🤦‍♀️
    I almost always forget to pack mine, or bring it to the parks, or bring extra batteries, or I bring a ton of extra batteries and never use them :rotfl:

Can't wait to watch Stranger Things. Hopefully next week, I have to work a lot this week and Zack is traveling Thursday Friday.
    It was so good!

I missed that the menus came out. Everything sounds so good on your list!
    I don’t really follow any F&W threads but it would’ve been easy to miss them this year. I think I only saw them because Disney Food Blog put a link in their Insta story.

Due to circumstances that have come up in the last two weeks, we are now no longer trying to do HHN with Zacks brother or his parents, so are in search of new dates... :scratchin
    Ooo when are you thinking?

Andddddd I got something for your birthday, just something small that I was like I think she would like this and I dont care if I look like a weird stalker :rotfl: so I will text you but am working all the hours the post office is open this week...
    Aw that’s so sweet! I don’t think you’re a weird stalker :rotfl: Yeah text me! And I understand (I also work all the hours the post office is open so mailing packages kind of ends up being Josh’s job).

happy belated birthday!

:bday:
    Thank you!

amalone1013

DIS Veteran
    Ooo when are you thinking?
    We are pretty much wide open now! Though I was always voting for September anyways because I feel the crowds will be a little better. Planning to check out the Uni hotel availability today :) What are your dates?

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    We are pretty much wide open now! Though I was always voting for September anyways because I feel the crowds will be a little better. Planning to check out the Uni hotel availability today :) What are your dates?
    Samantha and I will be there the 13th-15th and them Josh and I are going the 18th-20th!

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    This is apparently for sports, and Josh thought it was hilarious, but we'll see who's laughing when I've got my double neck fans on at HHN :rotfl:
    :rotfl2: Exactly!

And here's some pictures from my birthday (which was about 2 weeks ago since this isn't a very timely post):
    Happy belated birthday!!! I'm having the same issue with MNSSHP - I want to dress up, but in August?! :faint: :laughing:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS