A better way for Palo and Spa ressies?

When do you think Palo and Spa ressies should be made?

• Make ressies when your cruise is paid in full

• Nah...Keep the mad scramble on embarkation day

• Palo's, Spa ressies, who cares.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
As any DCL previous cruiser knows, the mad scramble for Palo and spa ressies happens immediately upon embarkation. Which takes away from the excitement and awe just a little, well alot.

Can you think of a better way for this to be handled?

I think Palo and spa ressies should be able to be made when your cruise is paid in full. If you pay your cruise in full 6 months prior to cruising, then you can make your ressies then. I am positive alot of people will pay up early to avoid the mad rush and DCL will have your money in advance and thats always money in the bank for any business.

What do you think?

Joanna

I think an online reservation system would be great. It would give you the available slots and you could pick.

But, I think this should be at the 60 day mark. I'm not interested in giving DCL my full cruise fare just to be able to get a spa or Palo reservation. I think that is too much.

Having it at the 60 day mark puts everyone on the same level ground. And, it would give the TAs something to mark on their calendar.

I also think it should be at the 60 day , just like the restaurants at the park!!

I think it would be great to make them ahead of time, like excursions. But it might be difficult for spa ressies, when a lot of people need to see the facility and get more info.

I don't think that the scramble takes away anything from the cruise....I think it is just a part of it. I like going to the spa to make my ressies....JMHO.

I would say the 30-60 day mark and also get a significant deposit. Some may not agree with this, but having worked in service industry for many years, reservations are made and not kept. As a result the spa and and Palo may need to overbook to try and compensate for unknow cancellations.

I totally agree in reference to the deposit for the reservation. Also make it non refundable once on the ship. This would stop alot of people making reservations "just in case" like they do for Flounder's Reef as well. IF you intend to use the reservation that is great. However denying others the opportunity by taking a spot that you may not use is unfair imho.
Cheers,
Grumbo

I actually don't find it that big a deal to make reservations once on board. It maybe takes a half-hour of your time. I usually get a plate of shrimp from the buffet, go make Palo reservations, get a second plate of shrimp and finish lunch, then go to the spa. I am definitely not in a "scramble" state of mind. It may be more of a problem on the shorter trips, but on the 7-day cruises, I've never found it that much of a hassle.

Are they still taking Palo reservations in one of the clubs on the Magic? I liked it better when they took them in the actual restaurant, as it was just a quick hop up the steps from Topsider's.

Originally posted by Lloyd Dobler
I actually don't find it that big a deal to make reservations once on board. It maybe takes a half-hour of your time. I usually get a plate of shrimp from the buffet, go make Palo reservations, get a second plate of shrimp and finish lunch, then go to the spa.

Aha... more of the dissapearing shrimp mystery solved.. it is not just Andy and Rae ;)

NO more mad scrambles - STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I just wanna get on the ship....find the shrimp bowl and start 'collecting paper umbrellas'.

As I understand...final payment is due 3 months prior to sailing. DCL could offer a limited number of Palo/Spa ressies to those paying off their cruise early - like 6 or 9 months. Persons paying off early could call DCL ressies or submit on the Internet. And, when there gone...there gone.
If I dare - and can go one step further...how about allowing us to choose our dining rotation - register our children for Flounders or the clubs.
This is a missed opportunity for DCL!! They would be able to use/bank final payments 3-6 months sooner.

NO more mad scrambles - STOP THE MADNESS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter