~A big HIGH 5 for Sheraton Vistana Resort~

We really like this resort too and have stayed here on four different trips (twice through RCI exchange and twice doing an owner rental -- on TUG2.net we rented for a two week period over Christmas ($1000 per week) for a two bedroom and the other we rented over a spring break period for $800 for the week (again a two bedroom). // If you for some reason don't care for the location of your unit before moving in, ask if they can move you. The remodeling was really a complete gutting of the units and they are really lovely now and compete well with the best timeshares in the area. // Two big pluses over other timeshares in the area for us are 1) the great views you get in most units from your patio / balcony -- almost all have a view of a little man made lake often with a little fountain. Many other absolutely lovely timeshares in the Orlando area have lots of parking lot views. The Vistana is just such a pleasant place to be for sitting out on a balcony or patio, something we do quite a bit and 2) The Vistana has clay tennis courts -- lots of them that you can use at no charge (This is a real treat for a tennis playing family like mine. We love clay.). Our teens also lvoe it that the pools stay open till 1 a.m. rather than close at 11 p.m. like most resorts. This means we can still hit the pool when we get back from a night time show at Disney / SeaWorld etc.

We think that this resort is a great bargain (lots of owner rentals are usually available as it it such a big resort meaning that there are great bargains to be had // nice price/quality ratio). As stated by a previous poster TUG2.net classified ads section and Redweek.com are great places to find these.

I just booked. I think we'll be OK with the two doubles and the pull out sofa bed. The girls currently share a room, so they could share a bed if necessary. My younger dd sleeps anywhere and nothing wakes her, so she said she'd take the sofa bed if necessary.

I'm thinking I'll request Fountains I, top floor. I love the idea of having a sky light. I also definitely do not want a whirlpool tub in my bedroom. How strange. In looking at the floor plans, it looks like Fountains I have the tub in the bathroom. Is that correct? Any other suggestions for us? Would love something not far from a pool, but prefer a quiet pool.

I just booked. I think we'll be OK with the two doubles and the pull out sofa bed. The girls currently share a room, so they could share a bed if necessary. My younger dd sleeps anywhere and nothing wakes her, so she said she'd take the sofa bed if necessary.

I'm thinking I'll request Fountains I, top floor. I love the idea of having a sky light. I also definitely do not want a whirlpool tub in my bedroom. How strange. In looking at the floor plans, it looks like Fountains I have the tub in the bathroom. Is that correct? Any other suggestions for us? Would love something not far from a pool, but prefer a quiet pool.

The pools on the North side (Fountains/Lakes) are pretty busy. You might be happier over in Springs. Top floor also has a skylight, and no tub in the bedroom. There are two doubles in the 2nd BR. We stayed in an upper last March when our unit in Courts was being refurbished, and we really liked it! The Springs pool tends to be quiet, but you can never really know (depends on the crowd that week). Your teens might enjoy access to the Cascades and Super Pools; a good scene for teens. There are more amenities on the South side.

No matter where you land, you will enjoy it. Vistana is a great resort.

Are you referring to Vistana Villages or Vistana Resort?
We stayed at the Villages in 2007 (which i believe is the one right outside of DTD and have Lakes, Cascades, Falls, Courts, ect). Has anyone stayed at the one near Idrive recently?

Are you referring to Vistana Villages or Vistana Resort?
We stayed at the Villages in 2007 (which i believe is the one right outside of DTD and have Lakes, Cascades, Falls, Courts, ect). Has anyone stayed at the one near Idrive recently?

Vistana Resort: Near DTD
Vistana Village: Off I-Drive

I think you have them backwards. Vistana Resort has Lakes, Cascades, Falls. I think the Villages are named after cities in Florida. I know I've seen St Augustine...

I think you'll be fine. My sister, who is now 23, has taken up residence on the sofa bed for all of our trips since she was 12 or so. She actually enjoys it, because the bed is usually decently comfortable and she has control of the livingroom TV. She sleeps much later than my parents--they just go about their business, but keep the curtains closed until she's up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter