A Carnival Cruise.....With A Chicken?

Well, I must say this is my favorite part of cruising. Sea day, no getting up real early, just slow cruising and relaxing.....or is it?

Today is Tom's final day at sea...He decided he wanted to go out and greet the public. He had way to much fun. But first my a cup of tea is calling my name. Need to start my day with something..

I am back, we had met this really great couple at our table, and we have alot in common. But for the most part of the last two days we have been playing monopoly.

All the games are located in the Library. I am so glad we decided to take the game with us a few days back, as the library was closed for a private function and couldnt get in. That would of been a sight, seeing 4 grown people drooling at the window begging for the game.

I am not sure what time I woke up but, when I do I need my shower, and run for the darn coffee station. We decided to play the monopoly game at 9:30 am ... go ahead say it , call us nuts. We planted ourselves in the buffet area towards the back of the ship. Um, hoping not to drive people with our madness. Well that didnt last long. All kinds of people we watching, and laughing with us.

I drove them really carzy, as I kept buying at least one property from each area and wouldnt sell. It was so much fun to try and watch them how to get property from one another and go in circles.

The next thing we knew our day turned toward evening and almost time for dinner. So we agreed after dinner we would go play more monopoly.

So of to the cabin to change and get ready for dinner....

Hmm....on the way back our beloved Tom decided to go expolre and boy oh boy. He was in trouble , he made his way over to the night club to dance..I was hoping he didnt run up a tab in there.

646.jpg

647.jpg

We took him back to the room and told him he had to wait for us to come back from dinner, his punishment..

Well he broke that rule this is where we found him on the way back from dinner..

649.jpg

648.jpg

Holy Smokes!!! That bird played alot..dont know if he won anything either.

Next post more pics

Yikes! I forgot to show you our dinner didnt I ?

Sorry!!

Well, darn photobucket wont let me grab the pics

I had chicken, roasted potatos, actually I asked for mashed potatos on the side. Chris had the steak. And of course the My oh so favorite dessert I cruise for....

WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE dang, my last round . I should of ate two.:eek:

Oh well time to get back to the game. Well Tom went with us.

Tom sat waiting for us to take him out..

652.jpg

We left the cabin and the ladies were loving him. Never mind kids. They never even noticed him...:eek:

We were a few doors down and these ladies standing in the hall and I stopped to talk with them and they enjoyed tom , not to mention that Chris went back to the room and I was waiting for him.

This one lady looked at Chris and said you look familiar. He said the same thing in return. She said arent you the carpet guy? Yes, he has cleaned the apts where she lives. Talk about a small world.

We continued on our journey to the lido deck to continue our game. As luck would have it the ships photographers wanted to have fun with Tom and started taking his picture. He was a hit. I asked permission for this picture.

650.jpg

I took a few pictures with him. But I didnt buy them. I only bought the one of Tom alone. What memories. After the fun we went back to play the game and of course what else do you do on a cruise? Eat! We played well in to the night before it was time to stop and get packed and ready for our debarkation. But here is a few pics of Tom..

655.jpg

656.jpg

Usnuz, it sounds like you both (and Tom) had a really good time on the ship! Too bad we couldn't see your pictures from dinner. I love a good chocolate cake!

Unfortunately I am not good at taking tons of descriptive pics like yourself and others. Which I really appreciate by the way because it is nice to be able to see all the little details. But these are the ones I DID take. ;)

One you open up the door to the suite on the left is a HUGE walk-in closet and I don't know if you took any tours but they told us that it was VERY common for people to bring like 70 or 80 pieces of luggage on these trips. YIKES! And then even have some more in the hold! But then on the right is a small room that is a maids quarters. That is the last pic on the bottom with my daughter in it. It has a single bed a sink and a small closet. Then going back out in the hall there is a bath for the "maid" or for guests that has two doors. One from the hall and one that leads into the living room. Then straight ahead is the living room which was quite large with a book case and bar and of course now they have a tv. On the tour we saw one of the other suites and it had a fireplace but our's did not. The living room is my first pic.

Then from the living room you entered the master suite and it was HUGE with a king bed and lots of clostes and such and there were two doors that lead out to the hall and then a private bath with a separate comode. As shown in the above pics.

We really enjoyed it and thanks to your report we decided to try it and will DEF be back. :)

That room was really amazing! Would you mind sharing how much it set you back per night? :rolleyes1

Usnuz, it sounds like you both (and Tom) had a really good time on the ship! Too bad we couldn't see your pictures from dinner. I love a good chocolate cake!

That room was really amazing! Would you mind sharing how much it set you back per night? :rolleyes1

That is one cool room, and they say all the rooms are different. I wonder if the walls are as thin as the room we had.

I think it cost my mom 300/night and we only stayed the one night. We had orig booked a mini suite that was 200 something so it was less than a 100 to get the huge suite so she decided to do it. :)

I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise and it doens't look like Tom got into too much trouble.

Very cool pics of the suite.

I think it cost my mom 300/night and we only stayed the one night. We had orig booked a mini suite that was 200 something so it was less than a 100 to get the huge suite so she decided to do it. :)
Thanks for sharing, it is a very cool sute.
I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise and it doens't look like Tom got into too much trouble.

Very cool pics of the suite.

You didnt get the bill.:rotfl2:

I always try to hold onto as many properties as I can too, so no one gets a monopoly. It's just smart of you. Tom sure did have a good time. He probably did win but did not tell you. Your dinner sounded great. I am picturing the cake now.

I always try to hold onto as many properties as I can too, so no one gets a monopoly. It's just smart of you. Tom sure did have a good time. He probably did win but did not tell you. Your dinner sounded great. I am picturing the cake now.
That cake, if I ate that all the time, I would be in so much trouble:eek:
Want to trade with my bill? I'll trade if yours is lower than ours.:rotfl:

Uh, um, okay maybe not:rotfl2:

This is a the day of depature, they always kick you off the ship, they claim there are other people who want to cruise. I usually get up early, we had our bags packed and ready to go. You can choose to set your luggage tiout the night prior for the porters to remove it so you dont have to walk it off. We normally do that when we travel the east coast. We stay an extra day so we dont try to feel rushed getting to the airport.

We had to self assist ourselves as our amtrack bus was going to be there about 11:45 am. After getting ready it was back up to the lido deck and have some breakfast.

They called our time to depart,so it was off to the room and retrieve our luggage and depart our sweet ship. She is a little older ship but it is a nice ship for either a 3 or 4 days cruise. Bear in mind if you choose to self assist, it is a very long way through the terminal as it is the old building for the Spruce Goose. It was a little difficult, but we managed.

671.jpg

We arrived home about 9:30 pm. I hope to cruise again real soon. I would recommend this type of vacation, as all your meals are included, and you can visit alot of places. We have done two cruises prior to this and I will continue to do them, as we can visit more places. Thanks for following me on my journey. I hope you enjoyed it.

Our next stop is Las Vegas in may, Tom will have a little more of an adventure......so stay tuned.;)

I could not agree with you more on cruising. It is a great way to travel. We got off the ship way too early on our most recent cruise. Yay to your Vegas trip. See you then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter