A Case for Food and Wine!

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
F&W is a big draw for us and it will be the final decision if we cancel Sept visit! With all that has happened, it seems it's just easier to cancel everything than to try and make it work with new guidelines....I hope F&W has some hope. It's an outdoor festival that with distance guidelines shouldn't be a problem and it's in the park that absorbs crowds the easiest. Trying hard NOT to be pessimistic and keep a glimmer of hope!

Hoping you are right. But having cancelled the fall college program as well as the fall cultural exchange program, not sure how they would have the staff for all the kiosks.
Its our favorite event that we go to.

I know...my boy was supposed to start a 6 month CP yesterday....sad!
My only hope is that with limited guests allowed...there are an abundance of CMs that need hours....hopefully repurposed. After 9/11 I knew CMs that got 1 shift a week for a while.

I don't see how they can enforce mask wearing while also encouraging folks to stop avery ten steps to buy food and drinks.... how would that work? And I a mask is supposed to be worn (I'm not saying one way or the other) then pulling it off constantly to eat and drink would render it useless....

This woudl be the first year in a while that we've missed F&W and it would really stink, but I honestly don't think they will hold it this year. I haven't verified it myself but I did see on another post that one of the bands originally scheduled for ETTB was canceled. A friend's daughter was slated for the DCP this fall and as of now has not been given a start date or even told if she will be coming at all. Much of the Epcot staff is international program staff and there isn't any indication that the ban on international travelers entering the US will end anytime soon.

Yes it's an outdoor festival, but one that's focused on eating and drinking....when eating and drinking happen every 10 feet, and you can't do that with a mask on. The crowds can get tight in some sections of WS when you have the booths set up. I never underestimate the ability of Disney's folks to get innovative and creative, but I'm less optimistic that this will actually happen this year.

I was hopeful at first, but it sounds like at Universal they're being very strict that you cannot walk around with a mask off. If you have food/drink, they're asking you to step aside, finish, then put your mask back on. If Disney has similar enforcement, there's zero way the festival can work.

We were excited to have the dining plan and attend F&W. Now it just doesnt seem as appealing to go if both are cancelled for October. W/the dining plan being completely removed as an option for 2020, we sure would be having a very different Dis experience.

So anyone have ideas what would make F &W work, knowing you have to wear a mask?
Maybe fewer booths? Crowds will be smaller because of limited capacity.

F&W is a big draw for us and it will be the final decision if we cancel Sept visit! With all that has happened, it seems it's just easier to cancel everything than to try and make it work with new guidelines....I hope F&W has some hope. It's an outdoor festival that with distance guidelines shouldn't be a problem and it's in the park that absorbs crowds the easiest. Trying hard NOT to be pessimistic and keep a glimmer of hope!
I honestly know what you're trying to say, but at this time, I don't see EPCOT as a place that would absorb crowds well with distancing requirements. Having spent many afternoons at the festivals over the fall and winter, it is always elbow to elbow during the busier times. They would have to cut way back on capacity to make distancing work - probably more than the other parks. And with much of Future World behind construction walls at this time, it would be tough to spread out over on the side, as well.

Maybe just for this year, they could put the stands outside of EPCOT, around the lake at BC/YC, BW - there's lots of room to spread out there, and people wouldn't need a park reservation to enjoy the stands..... It'll never happen - just an idea!

The food booths are just a part of the F&WF. They have many events that happen daily. Seminars with celebrity chefs, special meals at signature restaurants, Party for the senses, etc. Those will not be as easy to do as the food booths. I go every year mainly for these events. I really could care less about most of the food booths. They are overpriced with very small portions. The big ticket items cost hundreds of dollars. The party for the senses alone brings in hundreds of thousands of dollars a week. I can't see any of these events happening now. The booths would be the least of their issues with the event.

I don't see how they can enforce mask wearing while also encouraging folks to stop avery ten steps to buy food and drinks.... how would that work?
The guests only take off their masks when actually eating. It doesn't impair them walking, ordering, picking up food, etc.

I don't see it happening, which is a huge bummer since I haven't missed one in about 10 years. The lines for some of the booths get pretty long as it is, with 6 ft. markers they would be almost halfway around the lake. I've seen it at night where it was shoulder to shoulder so I'm thinking it's a no go this year. Of course, who knows what the rules will be by Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!