A Christmas Wishes Wedding 12~8~14 WP, LSS,UK Terrace DP ~ NOW A TRIP REPORT!

Mommy2TwoMickeys

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! I am the sister of the groom and wedding planner for my brother and his fiance's wedding :) It's been such a help planning their wedding by reviewing everyone's Planning Journals etc., so I figured that I would start one for their wedding as well!
Allow me to give you some background on how this wedding came to be.. Disney World is such a big part of our families lives. For many years we've been going annually and fall more in love after every trip! Skip ahead to late 2013... My whole family decided to make this years trip during December for the holidays. As I was looking at the 2014 calendar to decide on a week, I realized that my 6th wedding anniversary (Dec. 13th) was to be on a Saturday.:cool1: My first thought was "we should renew our vows in Disney!" I was very close to being a Disney bride, but had opted to have our wedding at home so extended family could attend. When I had told my brother(who had recently got engaged) about my plan and the recent info that I had found our from DFTW he was extremely interested and decided that would be perfect for the wedding that him and his fiance would want! So out was my plan for a Vow Renewal and in was the Disney Wedding! :lmao:
They had decided originally on an Escape wedding with the ceremony at the WP. I submitted their dates for the Lottery and at last, I got the email that they had been selected for December 8th(their first choice)!:cool1::cool1: Such a relief after that was over!As we started moving along with the guest list and the planning of the wedding, it was realized that with all of the extras that they wanted to add on and the limited guests(2 big families) a Wishes Wedding was a better pick for them. I had called DFTW and they said it would be no problem to switch to a Wishes Wedding. We were able to keep the WP and settled on the American Adventure Parlor(limited # of locations available since it was only 6 months prior to the wedding). My brother really wants to have the reception at the Tower of Terror, or any other location in Hollywood Studios, but we have to wait to reserve that still. We sent in the add'l deposit and were reassigned a new wedding coordinator. We received our planning kit a few weeks ago and last week just had our planning session! We all enjoyed because we could really picture the wedding day by the way our planner was describing it!
So here are some of the finalized details: For visual purposes, I've included photos that I found on the internet :goodvibes

Ceremony Location: Disney's Wedding Pavilion

Reception Location: Disney's American Adventure Parlor

Dessert Party Location: UK Terrace( We may end up canceling this)

Details!!!

Transportation: 1948 Cadillac

Dress: Disney Collection-Sleeping Beauty

Programs: Custom Made-Guidemap/Times Guide :yay:
Front

Opened Once

Opened Again

Back

I hope you follow along as we start to finalize more details! Within the next week or 2 we will be setting up the appointment with the florist to go over floral, linens, chairs, etc. Any questions, feel free to ask!:wave2:

Minor Details Have Came Up Since My Last Post. We Had Our Planning Session With The Florist :thumbsup2 Hoping To Get The Estimated Cost Of That Back By This Friday(She Said It Takes Approx. 2 Weeks For The Floral Designers To Get That Info) We Have Chosen:

Bride:
White Roses Bouquet With Navy Blue Accents Along With Hidden Mickeys

Bridesmaids:
Small Arrangement of Seasonal Flowers To Compliment Navy Dresses

Groom:
White Rose With Hidden Mickey

Groomsmen:
Navy Flower With Hidden Mickey

Centerpieces:
Ice Ball Sculpture With Christmas Greens Around It(They Look Lovely!):goodvibes

Unity Candle Arrangement:
Seasonal Florals

Linens:
Upgraded To Black(Most Likely To Change)

Can't Believe It Is Less Than 3 Months Away!!:yay:

I Will Post Pics Of The BEO's Once Received :)

It is so interesting to see how the pricing varies between Disney World and Disneyland for wishes weddings (at least under the old pricing structure at Disney World). The holiday Mickey and Minnie are going to be lovely!! What a wonderful day you have planned :).

It is so interesting to see how the pricing varies between Disney World and Disneyland for wishes weddings (at least under the old pricing structure at Disney World). The holiday Mickey and Minnie are going to be lovely!! What a wonderful day you have planned :).

Thank You Very Much! :)

To Elaborate On The BEO(For Visual Purposes) The Holiday Mickey & Minnie Means That They Will Be Dressed Like This:

And For The Dessert Party, The Buffet Will Look Like This With These Items:
"Minnie Mouse" Red Velvet Cupcakes
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
M&M Cookie Squares
Fruit Loop Squares
Pluto’s Puppy Chow(Not Quite Sure What It Is, But It Looks Cute ;) )
Coffees, Teas and Fruit Punch

I really like the holiday Mickey and Minnie. I may very well have to rearrange my budget and make that happen for my wedding. I hope you post some pictures after the wedding!! :)

I just found your planning journal and it looks really cool. You have a similar plan to mine so it's helping me a lot to see what your budget is coming out too, and how much each part is.

Holiday Minnie and Mickey look like so much fun, what a neat detail for a December wedding. I'm sure you"ll get some unique pictures out of that.

I really like the holiday Mickey and Minnie. I may very well have to rearrange my budget and make that happen for my wedding. I hope you post some pictures after the wedding!! :)

I sure will :)

I just found your planning journal and it looks really cool. You have a similar plan to mine so it's helping me a lot to see what your budget is coming out too, and how much each part is.

Holiday Minnie and Mickey look like so much fun, what a neat detail for a December wedding. I'm sure you"ll get some unique pictures out of that.

Thank you! I hope so too :) We are trying to do some different things to make it unique with a Christmas feel :)

You know, other than the fact that we're subject to different pricing structures, I think prices are pretty similar (at least I'm hoping). Which gives me hope that the cost will stay pretty reasonable. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting this, your event sounds pretty similar to what we're planning, with the difference for us primarily being different venues/time of day.

Some misc. purchases made from me and my mom for the Bride To Be :) The Bridal Shower is fast approaching and of course we had to get some Disney Items as gifts along with her registry gifts;)

"I Do" shoe stickers ordered in Navy Blue

Wedding Dress Hanger: Ordered in White Wood with Dark Blue Wire with a Dark Blue Large Bow and a White Bow for Minnie Mouse :)

Mommy2Mickies--

What is your name, or would you rather not post it? It's fine either way--I just hate feeling so impersonal with people here. I don't want to be impolite to you. :)

I just wanted to say that I started following the PJ because you directed me here a while ago from another thread with regard to the BEO for your brother's wedding. Everything looks great. Plus--I have a personal connection to this PJ! We're getting married on the same date! Even funnier--I hope you guys keep the DP. I think it's totally worth it. We'd be so close to each other that we could wave to each other at the dessert party. We're at Lochside.

Anyway, I have to say again...it looks beautiful.

How long did it take you guys to get your BEO again? It looks like it was pretty quick. If that's the case, I'm totally, totally jealous. We had our planning session on September 8th...and I know that I'm just being impatient, but I would really love to know how much I'm spending on the darned thing.

Anyway...can't wait to continue following. If you guys look down from the UK for your DP into Lochside (I think you guys are like right above us or so?), say hi! I'll be the one in white!

Tiffiny

Mommy2Mickies--

What is your name, or would you rather not post it? It's fine either way--I just hate feeling so impersonal with people here. I don't want to be impolite to you. :)

I just wanted to say that I started following the PJ because you directed me here a while ago from another thread with regard to the BEO for your brother's wedding. Everything looks great. Plus--I have a personal connection to this PJ! We're getting married on the same date! Even funnier--I hope you guys keep the DP. I think it's totally worth it. We'd be so close to each other that we could wave to each other at the dessert party. We're at Lochside.

Anyway, I have to say again...it looks beautiful.

How long did it take you guys to get your BEO again? It looks like it was pretty quick. If that's the case, I'm totally, totally jealous. We had our planning session on September 8th...and I know that I'm just being impatient, but I would really love to know how much I'm spending on the darned thing.

Anyway...can't wait to continue following. If you guys look down from the UK for your DP into Lochside (I think you guys are like right above us or so?), say hi! I'll be the one in white!

Tiffiny

How awesome is that on the Wedding Date! Congrats!! :) OMG that is so funny that you are at Lochside! That was the first option that was given to us at UK for the Dessert Party.. but someone had already booked it before we locked it in..now I know who that person was ;):lmao:

We had our planning session on 8/21 and received our BEO on 9/10, so it was about 20 days or so. I'm sure yours should be arriving shortly, if it hasn't already.

Here is the Estimated Expenses for the Floral :flower3:

The floral costs don't seem bad at all! Though it looks like at least $750 will be added for the ice sculptures...still puts you in the lower end for floral/decor though. :) Thanks for posting this!:)

This is awesome to really see the breakdown of prices! They are so lucky to have you helping with the planning, you seem to have everything very organized!!

The floral costs don't seem bad at all! Though it looks like at least $750 will be added for the ice sculptures...still puts you in the lower end for floral/decor though. :) Thanks for posting this!:)

Your Welcome! :thumbsup2 No, it does not seem bad at all. Actually I had guessed that the Bridal Bouquet would cost around $300. I was shocked when it came in under :) As far as the Ice Sculptures go... We've decided to change them. They cost $145 individually and we only needed 3(for the 3 guest tables) So we would have to make room elsewhere for the additional sculptures to meet the $750 Minimum(Disney uses an outside vendor for these). So we are in the stages of brainstorming other ideas for centerpieces :)

This is awesome to really see the breakdown of prices! They are so lucky to have you helping with the planning, you seem to have everything very organized!!

Thank You! :goodvibes It's been a little crazy at times, but we are all enjoying it :) It's getting down to the wire now though...66 days and counting and we still have a lot of loose ends to tie up :scared:

In other news, we went ahead and booked Trinity for the videographer. We heard him on the Disney Wedding Podcast and he seemed very professional, plus we love his style! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter