A couple of dining reviews

amez

Mouseketeer
Monday Dec. 13--11:30am priority seating at the Crystal Palace. We had nine in our party (6 adults, 1 child, 2 infants). Our waiter was great--very upbeat, personable, kept our drinks filled and our plates cleared off. Food was awesome--this was our second time eating here and we still love the food. The characters were great too--they didn't seem rushed at all--had lots of fun with our table and tables around us. Tigger took ds's drink and had a "drink"--all the characters played around with each table and allowed plenty of time for pictures.

Wed. Dec 15--4:30 Priority seating at 1900 Park Faire. Food was okay, definitely not as good as the Crystal palace. Buffet style again--the lines didn't seem to flow as smoothly, very congested. Nine in our party again, Our waiter here was horrible--With a party our size an 18% gratituity is automatically added in. It seemed like he felt like since he had a great tip no matter what he did, he did nothing. He did not remove any plates, did not ever come back and offer any refills--bascially we never saw him again until the bill came. I would never have left him an 18% tip and was burned the rest of the evening about being forced to do so. In my opinion, an 18% tip is pretty hefty considering that the places we ate at were buffet style. At the Crystal Palace the service was excellent so I didn't mind at all tipping him that well, but here I really did. The characters were awesome!! Cinderella was so sweet to my shy dd. Dd had drawn a picture for Cinderella and she took the time to talk about the picture with her, and told her that she would put it in her scrapbook and keep it in her bedroom in the castle. That made my dd's trip. Cinderella's beautiful actions really made up for the so-so food and the poor service. Even Dh said that he would have done it again in a heartbeat for the way Cinderella made dd feel so special (Cinderella is her favorite princess) Prince Charming was very charming--and the mice were super sweet also. They all took plenty of pictures and never seemed hurried. All and all it was worth it for dd's wonderful memories of cinderella.

Thurs. Dec 16--8:30 am priority seating at Donald's Breakfastasaurus. We actually had separate priority seating for our party, we were told we would be at separate tables but close together. We were all put at one table so we had to pay the automatic gratutity. I'm not sure how they could do that since we had requested two separate priority seatings with two separate tables. Our waitress was good, brought us whatever drinks we needed quickly and cleared off plates. The food was standard breakfast fare--I'm not a big breakfast eater but there was a lot to choose from. Fresh fruit, cereal, meats, potatoes, pastries etc. The buffet was huge and the lines moved quickly.The tables seemed to be closer together and it felt a bit cramed. Most of the characters were in a big hurry--We would take one picture and they were ready to move on--We usually wanted a couple of pictures since there were nine of us (2 families). We had no autograph books to sign, and once we saw a character coming to the table we would stand up to get pictures, so it wasn't like we were making them wait or do a ton of stuff for us. Goofy was the best there. He was goofing around and teasing the kids and stuff. He seemed the most relaxed and laid back.

We will definitely do the Crystal Palace again--the characters, service and food were great. All the characters encouraged plenty of pictures--my teenage neice was with us and they would coax her our to get pictures as well.

We'll probably do 1900 Park Faire again when my baby dd is old enough to want to meet Cinderella.

We probably will not do the breakfast again--ds had a better time meeting Micky at Micky's Toontown fair.

These are just our experiences--and please don't flame me thinking I'm against tipping. My group also ate at the Olive Garden last week and I tipped over the automatic % that was added in. It was excellent service and I felt he deserved a higher tip.

Amez

Thank you for the reviews! I'm so glad to hear about your experience at Donald's Breakfastsaurus. We have two separate PSes for LTT for 6 of us for 12/31. I am hoping we get seated together but obviously it's not a big deal if we don't. I'm just glad to have gotten the PSes! Sounds like you had a great time. I am getting so excited to leave in 2 days!!!

To not pay the automatic 18% grat, all you need to do is speak with a manager and they will take it off the bill so you can add what you would like. Sorry you had bad service at 1900 Park Faire.

I will echo the above poster about the automatic gratuity. We had a good meal at 1900 Park Fare but a terrible waiter. We wanted to leave 10%, but the waiter actually took back the bill and said he HAD to add on the automatic gratuity. We spoke to a manager afterwards and he refunded us the whole gratuity (we did want to leave something, but the manager insisted) and promised he would speak with the waiter.

Wow, judging by your experiences, crystal palace is really the way to go for good food, good service and good character interaction.

It sounds like your group had a great time! puckerup:

We did have a wonderful time. We went with my inlaws and it was so much easier having more adults then kids lol. When we went in may my older two were terrified of the characters and the baby loved them. this time my older two were all over the characters--it was so beautiful and wonderful to see them so excited. However now the baby is not so sure about all of the characters, I guess we'll have to keep going until everyone is smiling in the pictures :D

I wish I had thought about speaking with the manager about the poor service we recieved at 1900 Park Faire--if we dine with a group again, I will definitely have to keep it in mind.

Amez

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter