A Couple of Questions, Check-In/Parking

When you get to the property, Royal Pacific in this case, are there signs that point clearly to the self-parking area? I mean is it pretty visible? I've been to some resorts/hotels where the self-parking area was really hard to find and the spaces were really limited. Do you get a tag or anything to put in your car window to show that you're a guest?

We'll be getting there pretty early in the morning, do they allow you to check-in before the normal check-in time like WDW does? We'll probably get there around 9am. I'm not even thinking that our room would be ready at that time, wouldn't even hope for it but at WDW you can check-in, get your room keys and then they will call you when your room is ready if you have a cell phone. Does Universal do the same? They don't need to call me but I would like to check-in and get the room keys as soon as we get there that morning. If not we'll just go to one of the parks and then check-in that afternoon. :)

I can't help you with the parking, but YES, they will give you your room key if you check in early. Then you can go to the parks and use the room key for the wonderful FOTL perk!

Thanks a bunch! That's the most important thing to me, really! Just give me the room keys, I don't care if the room isn't ready until 10pm! :)

Princess -
When you pass the gate house the self parking is on the left. I have never got anything to put on the dash at RPR. HRH gave me a thing to hang on the rear view mirror and PBH has a machine that spits out tickets.
We have checked in as early as 7 to get our "magic" keys.

Thanks Motherfletcher, I almost abreviated your name but then I thought better of it... :eek:

Will they hold your luggage for you too or should we just leave it in the car until our room is ready?

They will hold your luggage and give you a claim tag. You will also get a card w/phone #'s to call to see if your room is ready. That way you don't have to leave the parks any sooner than necessary.

We checked into the RPR last week at 10am and they had our room ready! So don't totally figure they won't...

When you pull in, you'll tell the guard you're checking in. Just pull into the awning area to check in and unload your luggage, the bellmen there can check it for you if your room is not ready. Ours was, so we just had the bellman load it up and we went on up to our room. THey brought it up to us in about 10 minutes.

If I were you, I'd do the valet. It's only $12, and is good for an entire nights stay... meaning, in and our privelages all you want for 2 days. We stayed only one night, checked in at 10am, left the next day about 4pm, and only had one charge. It was SO NICE to just call ahead and have them bring the car up, and it was so worth it after a day at the parks when we wanted to head out for dinner. IF you're stayed onsite for meals and such, it may not be worth it, but regular parking is $6... so it was nice if you're coming and going alot. When we checked out at 11am on our last day, they just came and stored our bags until we left later that day. Then we called ahead and they pulled it and our car for us. VERY NICE.

When you check in, they give you rooms keys so you can go straight to the parks... so dont worrry about that =)

ENJOY YOUR STAY! We were sad to leave, but just couldn't afford to stay longer this time around. It was beautiful!

They'll hold your luggage but it may defeat the purpose of self parking? The car will be safe. Your room is suppose to be ready by 4 but I've waited a couple hours beyond that for a specific room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter