A couple of questions from a new DIS and DCL person...

Grimsby

Earning My Ears
Help out a new cruiser, departing for "Magic" on the 19th.
Can you request a cabin upgrade (at cost, of course) when checking in?

Also, I have been put on the waiting list to change to the earlier dining seating. My wife and I are traveling with our 4 year old, who's bedtime is usually 7:30..while i know this will not be enforced while on board, and while I also know he will eat meals with his club, I would like to eat with him and 9:00 is too late. What are my realistic chances of getting off that waiting list?

Thanks All!! :)
Grimsby

Hi, Grimsby. Welcome to the DIS boards.

Originally posted by Grimsby

Can you request a cabin upgrade (at cost, of course) when checking in?
Sure. No problem.

Also, I have been put on the waiting list to change to the earlier dining seating... What are my realistic chances of getting off that waiting list?
Depends on what time of year you're traveling... that affects how full the ship is and how much flexibility they have in that regard. What you may want to do is call DCL or your TA once a week or so. Some people will cancel their cruises, but DCL doesn't automatically check their wait list everytime someone cancels... they'll check it only occasionally, and someone else might have booked in the mean time and taken that vacancy at the early dinner. This is particularly a good idea when you get to about 60 days out from your cruise. That's when the final payment is due... a few people will cancel at that point.

Grimsby -

If I read your post correctly you are cruising 1/19? If that is right check the thread for the 1/19 cruisers and DIS meets. There are over 20 families so far that use this board sailing on the 19th and we have several different meets planned.

Welcome aboard!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!