A Day at Tokyo DisneySea

RachelleBeaney

PrincessShelle
Hi DIS

My name is Rachelle, and I, along with my husband Jared, love to travel to Disney! Whenever we can! This is made difficult by the fact that we live in Perth, Western Australia (one of the most isolated cities in the world). It's a great place to live but FAR from everything....

Anyway, this is us at Tokyo Disney Sea in January 2017:

Jared is a musican. His favourite Disney ride is Splash Mountain. His favourite Disney snack is churros and I don't understand it (yes, I am a Disney fan who doesn't enjoy churro's!)

I'm a Public Servant. My favourite Disney ride is currently a tie between Mystic Manor and Pirates at Shanghai Disney. As I mentioned, I don't like churro's and tend not to snack at Disney, unless it's Tokyo Disney. My favourite Disney snack to date is a Chandu Tail (a menu item that has recently been taken off the menu at Tokyo Disney Sea :sad2:)

Anyway, Jared had to travel to Japan for work this past week he took the opportunity to visit the fantastic Tokyo DisneySea, following his work trip. He goes to Japan a few times a year but so far hasn't visited Disney, mostly because it's been hard trying to convince him that going to a Disney park without me is NOT cheating! This time around I managed to convince him I wanted him to go. I told him that it would be ok, as long as he took lots of pretty pictures for me to edit when he got back! He is a fantastic photographer and has a lot of fun shooting Disney, especially at night. Exhibit A (some of my favourite shots taken on our last trip to Tokyo Disney in January 2017):

So this will be a quick report of his day at the park, along with the gorgeous pictures he took! I hope you enjoy it....

Last edited:
Part 1 - Breaking Disney Rules.

Jared had to catch a train from Hamamatsu (where he was spending the week working) to Tokyo Disney on Saturday morning. He obviously wanted to get to the park as soon as he could after opening (which was at 8:00am) so he left Hamamatsu at 6am. If you aren't sure where Hamamatsu is, it's about half way between Tokyo and Kyoto, on the water. It took Jared about 1.5 hours to get to Tokyo Disney from there and he arrived just after 8:30am and was in the park by just before 9:00am (he had to store his luggage first as he was headed into Tokyo that night before flying home the next day).

He had already broken Disney rule number one, arrive BEFORE opening. This is especially important at Tokyo Disney because the locals all show up at least an hour before opening and know how to use Fastpass (FP) effectively (and as a result FPs are often all gone by lunchtime or early afternoon). On top of this, it was a Saturday (weekends are apparently nightmarishly crowded at Tokyo Disney). On top of that is was summer. The crowd calendar we use to gauge when to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort also stated the day would fall into the busiest category possible, black. (FYI if you want to use this crowd calendar effectively you can find instructions about it in my pre-trip report for our last Tokyo Disney trip here). All in all, I was a little nervous for him and how he was going to manage to navigate the park, knowing he'd get in about an hour after opening, and have to deal with such huge crowds!

So, did breaking the Disney rules pay off? I'd like to say "no", it's always a good idea to have a plan, show up early and follow it. And yet.....Jared had a morning of #winning at the park (yes, I know that's corny but there is no other way to explain it!). There were a lot of people around but waits were no more than 90 minutes for most rides throughout the morning, and only 50 minutes when he arrived. I say "most rides" because there were exceptions, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Anyway, knowing it would be busy Jared's plan was to knock out a number of rides out first thing and then concentrate on exploring the park and taking pictures for the rest of the day. Tokyo DisneySea is, without a doubt, the MOST beautiful theme park on the planet, and we both could easily spend all day just wandering around it and not doing anything!

The ride plan was this:
- Get Journey to the Centre of the Earth FP
- Ride Indiana Jones as a single rider
- Get Tower of Terror FP
- Use Journey FP
- Ride 20000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Get Finding Nemo SeaRider FP
- Ride Tower of Terror
- Ride Finding Nemo SeaRider

Amazingly this all pretty much went off without a hitch and Jared did not wait any longer than 20 minutes for any of the rides, plus got all the FPs he needed easily! The only hitch was that Journey to the Centre of the Earth went down during his FP window. When it finally came back up it was early afternoon but Jared just happened to pass by JUST as it opened, and got on easily with his FP (which they honoured even though it was well past the return window). As he got off the ride, the FP line had gotten crazy long. To top it off, the standby wait wasn't even open but the park was honouring all FPs that were obtained before the ride went down and so it was LONG! So he definitely had good luck getting there just as they were reopening it!

Anyway, though the crowd calendar predicted that crowds would be INSANE (and I was expecting 5-6 hour waits for most things by mid-day) it wasn't really that much busier than when we visited for the first time with middling crowds in November 2013. I wondered how that could be, after all Tokyo Disney was known for it's awful crowds, particularly during summer and definitely on weekends. Where were all the crowds...

Well the answer was..... in this line:

It turns out that, though advertised to open on the 23 July (and it was the 20 July), Tokyo DisneySea's version of Soarin' Over the World (called Soaring, Flight of Fantasy) was either opened early or in soft openings. The waits were around 3 hours most of the morning, and the line snaked its way from the front of Mediterranean Harbour to Mysterious Island! The ride ended up closing mid-afternoon, so I'm guessing it was more a soft opening. Between that, and the line for Toy Story Midway Mania (which never gets much under a 2 hour wait), Jared had finally discovered where all the crowds had gone.

We are never that sad to miss Toy Story in Japan, as it's an identical copy of the version in the US parks (which we will be at in 63 days!!! So excited). We have experienced Soarin Over the World (at Shanghai Disney) and will see it again at WDW and Disneyland (again, in 63 days....soooo excited....if you are interested in my pre-trip report for that trip you can find it here). I have since watched an on-ride video of the version at Tokyo Disney and it is the same, expect the last 2 scenes, which have you flying over Tokyo followed by Tokyo DisneySea to watch the fireworks.

Anyway, the point of all that rambling is that Jared wasn't fussed about missing those attractions. And he was very happy that those two attractions drew such crowds that it made everything else in the park easy!

So back to the order of the day....There won't be many pictures here, as Jared was mostly riding rides and snapping up FPs!

First up was the Journey to the Centre of the Earth FP. When Jared got to Journey at about 9:00am the standby wait was 50 minutes but the FP return was from 9:40am - 10:40am!! Why you'd stand and wait for 50 minutes when you could get a FP for 40 minutes later I cannot understand, but that's what was happening (normally the Japanese are so good at using the FP system)!

Anyway, after scoring a very easy first FP, Jared made his way to the back of the park and rode Indiana Jones as a single rider and got on in no time at all. For whatever reason, the single rider lines aren't advertised or (in our experience) really USED at all at Tokyo Disney. They are available at a few attractions, Indy being the only one at Tokyo Disneysea. All you have to do is go to the FP line and ask "singaru rida" and you get a card to go in the single rider line. In fact Jared didn't even need to ask "singaru rida" on this occasion, the cast member simply saw he was on his own and handed him a single rider card! Anyway, the single rider line at Indy had only 7 people in the line. When the standby wait was 50 minutes! Jared was on the ride in no time.

After Indy and getting a Tower Fastpass for 10:55am - 11:00am (standby wait was 55 minutes), Jared headed back to ride Journey to the Centre of the Earth. It was down and this was the first mishap in his day of #winning! Even still he was pleased as Fastpass distribution was, at that point, up to 1:30pm. He decided to do the standby queue for 20000 Leagues under the Sea, which was advertised at about 25 minutes but ended up only being about 15. This is a super cute dark ride, sort of akin to Finding Nemo Subs at Disneyland (which I have still never been on) but better (as judged by me, who hasn't ridden the Nemo Subs - only seen videos of them :tongue::tongue:). The ride queue is fairly basic but it does have it's moment:

The ride is VERY dark. Jared was testing out our new 50mm prime lens and managed to get one shot of the Atlantian creatures that inhabit the ride....it was tough going apparently though (again, it's VERY dark and fairly fast moving)...

I had only given Jared a few specific shots to try get on the attractions, as we'd captured them well on our last trip. I was really happy with the shot above as it was one of the pictures we really hadn't conquered last time. After 20000 Leagues Jared tried to ride Journey with his Fastpass, but it was still down. He killed a little time in Mysterious Island taking pictures, hoping it would come back up....it didn't!

Before showing you these pictures I should mention, it was a HORRID overcast day at the parks. All day....It was depressing Jared quite a bit but he persevered. And I enjoyed photoshopping skies into the pictures so they would look halfway decent!

Jared decided to have a quick break before his Tower of Terror FP become available. He also wandered over to see how long the wait for Soaring was, it was posted at 140 minutes at that point (2 hours 20 minutes). He also went to grab a FP for the Finding Nemo SeaRider. He rode Tower of Terror with no issues and enjoyed escaping the curse of Shiriki Utundu.

Next up Jared secured a FP for SeaRider and then thought he'd check on Journey again. It was still down. So he decided to have lunch at Vulcania. Sadly, the lines were crazy long, so he instead stopped in at the Dockside Diner in American Waterfront. After lunch he checked Journey again and, you guessed it, it was still down!

So, since he was already in the area Jared decided to do something that we had, up until that point, never experienced on any of our trips to the Tokyo Disney Resort, Fortress Explorations. I had put exploring the Fortress on his touring plan because I knew that it had some really beautiful visuals, and I figured it would be something that could be done pretty easily even when the park was crowded. I was right that the Fortress had some stunning visuals, and I'm so glad Jared got to tour the fortress (even though I still haven't managed it).

He started inside:

And then headed outside to look at the views of the harbour from the Fortress battlements:

After that he headed down to the ground level for a few more pictures:

Captain Jack Sparrow appears to have commandeered the Fortress ship!

After he was done with exploring the Fortress, Journey was finally back up again! As I mentioned earlier, he discovered this fact at exactly the right time before the line of people returning with their expired FPs got crazy long. There was one photo I really wanted him to take in the Journey queue, of the cars whooshing past on their way out of the loading station. He managed to get the photo, but in the process broke another "Disney rule". Well I should say this is a "Tokyo Disney rule" because the CMs there are, for some reason, very fierce about people taking pictures in the rides queues with DSLR cameras. I've seen plenty of people taking pictures with their iPhones and that never seems to cause them concern. It's very strange because sometimes you can get away with it and sometimes you can't! We always put the camera away as soon as we are told, but always try if we can. Our pictures aren't disturbing anyone (we don't use a flash or anything like that) and are only for our enjoyment....Still this is the second time at Tokyo Disney we've been told off for taking pictures of a rides queue (the other was of the Tower of Terror queue on our trip in 2015). So if you plan to go and take pictures in ride queues at the Tokyo Disney parks just be aware you may, or may not, get away with it! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1. Anyway, here are the results of Jared's "rule breaking" in the Journey queue:

On ride pictures were a bit trickier. He tried to take some shots on journey but the 50mm lens didn't really work well on it. It's too fast and it's too close in...He did get this one decent shot though:

We actually had better luck with pictures on ride at Journey on our last trip!

After Journey was done Jared went to use his SeaRider fastpass. This attraction is something I haven't experienced as it was still being constructed during our trip in 2015, and on our first trip in 2013 it existed as the StormRider attraction. I didn't think much of the StormRider attraction. It was a dodgier version of Star Tours and the story of the attraction, whatever it was, was all in Japanese, so that didn't help add to the experience. I do recall there were a few cool effects in the show room simulator, in particular lightning effects. But other than that I wasn't that sad when it went away. I asked Jared what he thought as SeaRider as a replacement. He said it was cute, and the visuals were better, but that it was a little childish. Other than that the ride experience hasn't really changed much (and the ride system is a bit antiquated) so he wasn't that fussed by it.

Continued in Next Post....

Last edited:
Part 2 - Panorama's

By the time Jared was done riding rides it was well and truly afternoon. About 3pm. So it was time for Jared to get on with the second part of his plans for DisneySea....photos!

I had really regretted not taking any panorama's the last time we were at Tokyo DisneySea, so I asked Jared if he'd walk around and take some. There are some really beautiful vistas at the park, and I wanted to capture them! He took a lot of panorama's, and a few wide/fish eye shots I liked a lot too. I'll post them all next but before I do, be aware I have edited them quite substantially. It was still super overcast, dull and grey (Jared was getting a little disheartened by this point). Still it's amazing what you can do with a picture when you edit it, and they turned out quite well!

He started in Mysterious Island. This area is the heart of Tokyo DisneySea, but it's very unique as far as Disney "hubs" go. Whilst all Disney hubs attempt to "hide" the lands that spoke off them, they don't really conceal them completely. But when you are within Mysterious Island though you could easily believe you were in the crater of a mountain with nothing else around! It's so completely enclosed! To the point where it takes a little while to orient yourself and work out which exit to take to get where you want to go! The Victorian theming adds something unique but it's the rock work that is the standout here. Before Carsland, Pandora or Galaxy's Edge got rave reviews for their rock work Tokyo DisneySea took fake rocks to a new level with Mysterious Island!

Arabian Coast is personally one of my favourite areas of the park. Once again it feels very enclosed, and completely believable as a real world version of Agrabah! The views of it from Lost River Delta are my favourite though.

Then it was back out to Mediterranean Harbour. This area is beautiful, but so diverse (there are so many elements to it, the Miracosta and courtyard, the harbour and Fortress, the Venetian Canals tucked to the side). While it works as a "main street" it does a lot more than that, creating a "tone" for the entire DisneySea park. It's one of wonder, adventure and realism with a tinge of fantasy. The water is what connects all of DisneySea together, and it's main "harbour" here in the Mediterranean harbour area creates a beautiful foreground for the many varied areas of this part of the park. Jared took a stroll around it and shot the harbour from all angles!

The FANTASTIC Miracosta Hotel. To date THE most money I've ever paid for a night at a hotel. We have stayed in a harbour view room twice, but it is completely and ridiculously expensive, and only getting more so, so we probably won't do it again - still it was an amazing experience.

The other part of Tokyo DisneySea that I LOVE is the kinetic energy added to the park by the various transportation rides. My favourites is the Venetian Gondola's. The movement and flurry creates the impression that you really are in a busy harbour port. We've never ridden the gondola's ourselves (it's a slow moving line) but just seeing them moving about the harbour always makes me smile!

After Mediterranean Harbour Jared headed for American Waterfront and the decks of the S.S.Columbia. This really is the best place to get an overview of the two biggest parts of the park (Mediterranean Harbour and American Waterfront).

You may have noticed by now the scaffolding on Mt Promethus. I had only found out a week or so before Jared visited that this was up. I was worried it was going to make for really ugly pictures however they've done it really well, curving it to the mountainside so it doesn't take away from the shape and overall appeal. It was worse at night, when the lights on the side of the mountain with the scaffolding were not turned on. Apparently the work being done is going to take until October 2020, as part of resort beautification being undertaken for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Why the work on the mountain will be going on for a few months after the Olympics are over is a bit weird though - I'm pretty sure the Olympics are in early August.

Finally Jared headed into the back end of the American Waterfront, Cape Cod. This quite area is more of a walk-through to other parts of the park (unless you REALLY want to meet Duffy) but it is really beautiful.

Continued in Next Post...

Last edited:

We are never that sad to miss Toy Story in Japan, as it's an identical copy of the version in the US parks (which we will be at in 63 days!!! So excited). We have experienced Soarin Over the World (at Shanghai Disney) and will see it again at WDW and Disneyland (again, in 63 days....soooo excited....if you are interested in my pre-trip report for that trip you can find it here). I have since watched an on-ride video of the version at Tokyo Disney and it is the same, expect the last 2 scenes, which have you flying over Tokyo followed by Tokyo DisneySea to watch the fireworks.

Anyway, the point of all that rambling is that Jared wasn't fussed about missing those attractions. And he was very happy that those two attractions drew such crowds that it made everything else in the park easy!
I'm hoping that stays the case for fall! I don't care about TSM or Soaring, as I have them both close by! I'm honestly more interested in seeing the queue for Soaring, but I won't wait hours for that!
First up was the Journey to the Centre of the Earth FP. When Jared got to Journey at about 9:00am the standby wait was 50 minutes but the FP return was from 9:40am - 10:40am!! Why you'd stand and wait for 50 minutes when you could get a FP for 40 minutes later I cannot understand, but that's what was happening (normally the Japanese are so good at using the FP system)!
Weird? Maybe they just had grabbed FPs for other rides and couldn't grab a Journey one yet? Had they started the digital FP yet?
This is a super cute dark ride, sort of akin to Finding Nemo Subs at Disneyland (which I have still never been on) but better (as judged by me, who hasn't ridden the Nemo Subs - only seen videos of them :tongue::tongue:). The ride queue is fairly basic but it does have it's moment:
If you wanted to go on Nemo without entering the sub, you can ask a CM. They have accessible ones (and I know people who are claustrophic can do this too) where it's basically a themed room and screens but you get to hear the whole script too.
Before showing you these pictures I should mention, it was a HORRID overcast day at the parks. All day....It was depressing Jared quite a bit but he persevered. And I enjoyed photoshopping skies into the pictures so they would look halfway decent!

Excellent job! Can't tell at all about photoshop!

I'm curious what camera + lenses you are using. I really like the shots in your first post.

I'm pleased you like the photos :tongue::tongue: . By first post do you mean my intro post? Those were the best shots we took on our last trip in 2017. We shoot with a Canon 6D and use a Tamron 24mm - 70mm f2.8 lens (that was pretty much what we used on our trip in 2017). Since that trip we've acquired a few more lenses:
  • A Samyung 12mm f2.8 fish eye (I believe Samyung is branded as Rokinon in the US)
  • A Samyung f2.8 wide angle
  • Canon 50mm f1.8 prime lens
I'll be posting some night shots we took on this trip shortly, which will have used those lenses. We are really enjoying the wide angle and fish eye lenses and what they can accomplish!

I'm hoping that stays the case for fall! I don't care about TSM or Soaring, as I have them both close by! I'm honestly more interested in seeing the queue for Soaring, but I won't wait hours for that!

I'd say it would be. From our experience at Tokyo Disney there are 1 or 2 rides at each park that are the MUST SEE for the Japanese, and that have the craziest lines and FP sell outs earliest in the morning. At TDS that was always Toy Story but I'd say now it will be Toy Story and Soaring. At Tokyo Disneyland it's Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek and Pooh's Hunny Hunt (the former being the most popular). That being said if you do want to ride those two attractions you'd easily be able to without much wait, if you show up 1 hour before park open, get a FP for one and ride the other first thing. In the video I watched the queue at Soaring at TDS did looks vastly superior to anything in the states (the Shanghai Disney queue is pretty amazing too). You must be getting really excited about your trip :)

Weird? Maybe they just had grabbed FPs for other rides and couldn't grab a Journey one yet? Had they started the digital FP yet?
They hadn't rolled it out completely, but they were testing it at Indiana Jones (Jared saw there were people with what looked like Magic Bands going in the FP line). I'm not sure when they are rolling it out completely, or how it's going to work if you don't speak Japanese (because the only official app for Tokyo Disney is in Japanese).

If you wanted to go on Nemo without entering the sub, you can ask a CM. They have accessible ones (and I know people who are claustrophic can do this too) where it's basically a themed room and screens but you get to hear the whole script too.
It's not so much that I'm claustrophobic as I've never really felt like waiting for this one, or prioritising it first thing! I really probably should do it at lease once on our trip in October!

Excellent job! Can't tell at all about photoshop!
Thanks, I'm glad it looks natural. I had to do something or the pictures would have been not much to look at! It was fun - I spent 12 hours on the day Jared was travelling home doing it and it made the waiting for him to get home go a lot quicker :)

They hadn't rolled it out completely, but they were testing it at Indiana Jones (Jared saw there were people with what looked like Magic Bands going in the FP line). I'm not sure when they are rolling it out completely, or how it's going to work if you don't speak Japanese (because the only official app for Tokyo Disney is in Japanese).
I know they got it going by the day Soaring actually opened. It looks like it's pretty much the same as Disneyland's Maxpass.

I actually spent an hour getting the app to work correctly for me today! Problem is you need the Japanese account... so if anyone asks, my name is Maitarou Taro (Mr. Maitarou Taro)... I couldn't get my name to display properly in Kana, so I just copied the "example" name they have on the sign-up page... Still uses my email address, so I could sign in on the Tokyo app. I just gotta watch out if I try to make any meal reservations!
It's not so much that I'm claustrophobic as I've never really felt like waiting for this one, or prioritising it first thing! I really probably should do it at lease once on our trip in October!
Ah, yeah - you're going to have plenty of days!

Part 3 - Under the Sea and Into the Blue

By the time Jared was done taking all the panorama's he was hungry and it was dinner time. Knowing there would not be much of a sunset (it was too overcast) he headed over to Mermaid Lagoon to eat dinner at Sebastian's and to take more pretty photos! I personally LOVE Mermaid Lagoon. It's substance is not that exciting (unless you are a kid) but it's just SO beautiful and so fun to walk around in.

My favourite part of Mermaid Lagoon is Ariel's Grotto. Tucked away inside the kids playground (and hard to find too) is a recreation of Ariel's Grotto. I don't know about you, but as a kid I DREAMED of having a grotto like Ariel's, where I could keep all my treasures. Seeing the grotto re-created in reality was so fun for me. Plus, Princ Eric was my dream Prince (yes I know it's weird to dream about cartoon's) but I thought he was gorgeous, with his dark hair and green eyes (just like Jared...who is my real Prince:love1:)

Anyway, Jared went and found "my Prince" again on this trip to take more pictures of him.

The statue looks just like it does in the movie - it's so surreal!

Anyway, by the time Jared was done with dinner it was blue hour (the time of day between sunset and night where the sky can look a beautiful blue). He wasn't hopeful that there would be much of a blue hour, because of how overcast it was. To his great surprise though, when he arrived at his first photo location - the Venetian Canals - to find blue. Now the photos I'm about to post have been edited - but only to highlight the colours already there. Jared was so happy, he'd finally found colour!!

After the Venetian Canal's headed over to the Arabian Coast again:

From there he made his way to Cape Cod

He did a great job, didn't he! It's always a struggle with blue hour and night pictures at Tokyo Disney because you can't use a tripod in the park. As a result, we have to use this bean bag thing called a green pod and rest the camera on anything we can find if we want to take a long exposure (which will always look better and sharper). The angle of your shot is often determined by what you can find to rest the camera on, and we discovered that the wide angle and fish eye lens, though great, don't do AS well with sharpeness for hand held shots. They are cheaper lenses, and for the most part we only ever take night photos on a tripod, so it usually doesn't matter. Except at Tokyo Disney it seems!

Continued in Next Post...

Last edited:
Part 4 - A rushed farewell

Moving on from Cape Cod Jared headed back into the hub of DisneySea, Mysterious Island. He was surprised, after I'd edited these pictures, to find that Mt Prometheus was really lit up, he said it didn't look like it was while he was in there (the lighting was only showing on the side of the mountain that didn't have the scaffolding)

His final location, before he headed to take pictures in the entrance area, was American Waterfront. I was hoping to get some picture of Toyville Trolley Park (the area where Toy Story is located) without too many people. It was just before close at this point, and the crowds around Toy Story had not diminished! It's just always busy!

Jared headed to the Tower of Terror next, which is beautifully lit at night.

Sadly the foreground towers also had scrims up, which meant it wasn't quite as beautiful as I'd hoped!

Moving into the entrance are for American Waterfront Jared tried to get a photo I really wanted, capturing the tram tracks that are all around the place! Most of these shots had to be hand held though, and so they are not as sharp as they could have been if we'd had a tripod!

At this point it was only 45 minutes after closing, and Jared assumed that the shops in the entrance area would still be open (as they are usually open an hour past close). Instead he found that there were not many people around and that security was already herding people out the gate! Very pushily. Jared was the very last person in the park (and finally can see he closed down a park) and it would have been amazing if he could have had a bit more time, but sadly the guards were really insistent people leave! He managed to capture a few more shots though...all hand held though because of the time constraints.

He was expecting to be at the park until about midnight (thinking, like the US parks he might be able to mill about for 2 hours after closing) but was on the Disney monorail by 11pm. The Tokyo Disney monorail is my FAVOURITE form of Disney transportation - it's just so cute. You do have to pay for it if you are not staying at an official hotel though, as under Japanese law they have to charge for any and all public transportation.

Transferring to the JR Line to head into Tokyo Jared had a quick stroll through a pretty deserted Ikspiari (Tokyo Disney's Disney Springs/Downtown Disney).

And after that he headed off into Tokyo, and so ended his day at Tokyo DisneySea! I hope you enjoyed his pictures and coming along for a quick Disney trip!

I know they got it going by the day Soaring actually opened. It looks like it's pretty much the same as Disneyland's Maxpass.

I actually spent an hour getting the app to work correctly for me today! Problem is you need the Japanese account... so if anyone asks, my name is Maitarou Taro (Mr. Maitarou Taro)... I couldn't get my name to display properly in Kana, so I just copied the "example" name they have on the sign-up page... Still uses my email address, so I could sign in on the Tokyo app. I just gotta watch out if I try to make any meal reservations!

Ah, yeah - you're going to have plenty of days!

Yes we will have plenty of days! So excited....it's almost only 60 days away (and I know that because I have FP+ bookings Sunday Night - it's nice because of the time different we get to book at 6pm not 6am).

Yes the Japanese struggled to translate my name into Katakana on a few situations when they've needed to record it. It's the L's. There are no L's in the Japanese language (I learnt it at school) so they usually change that to an R sound, but it might have stumped the computer!

It sounds as though you worked out the digital FP system, which is good, I'll hit you up for info about using it for the next time we go (it's going to be so much easier for us to get to Tokyo Disney in the next few years because of Jared's work and the fact we can do trips on the end of his work trips). I think he was lucky the old FP system was still up and running when he was there, it would have been hard to work out the digital system on the fly.

BONUS Part 5 - Tokyo Museum of Light

While it's not Disney related I wanted to show you all the pictures Jared took at the Tokyo teamLab Borderless display at the Mori Digital Art Building. It looks like a really beautiful display, though there were SO many people there the day Jared visited (he waited in a longer line that for any attraction at Tokyo DisneySea!

Plus, Princ Eric was my dream Prince (yes I know it's weird to dream about cartoon's) but I thought he was gorgeous, with his dark hair and green eyes (just like Jared...who is my real Prince:love1:)
Awww

Those reflection shots were just gorgeous!
While it's not Disney related I wanted to show you all the pictures Jared took at the Tokyo teamLab Borderless display at the Mori Digital Art Building. It looks like a really beautiful display, though there were SO many people there the day Jared visited (he waited in a longer line that for any attraction at Tokyo DisneySea!
I would have liked to see this but know I won’t have time! Oh well-I guess a repeat visit!

Those are some extremely lovely photos!

And thank you for enlightening me about Ariel's grotto. We've never *looked* at the playground before (being two adults), but I will definitely sneak a peak at Ariel's grotto next time. I had no idea it existed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!