A difficult confession

We might seem small and not important but We really care about you . I check in all the time and hope you have made it thru Especially during this time of unknown tomorrows. Every day gets crazier & crazier but we all want to be there for it No matter what.

Nobody is small and unimportant.

Have you seen Into The Unknown, about the making of frozen 2 per chance?

Random way to start my comment I know, but I AM going somewhere with this!

Kristen Bell talks about how much frozen 2 helped her, because of the simple phrase "do the next right thing..."

When her anxiety was becoming too much, that phrase came to her and she focused, and realised all she had to do was the next right thing. So, getting out of bed and brushing her teeth was the next right thing. Once she had done that, the next right thing was to have a shower. Once that was done, she had to get dressed. Then the next right thing was to wake her children for breakfast etc.

Try to remain calm in focusing on each step, one at a time. Give yourself a pat on the back for each right thing you accomplish, no matter how small, then focus on the next right thing you need to do. Little by little, you will get where you need to be.

Recovery is all about steps, small steps at a time that lead to the top of a big staircase of achievenents. Getting through life with depression and anxiety is the very same.

We are with you friend. Keep going strong. You've got this. Xxxxx

It's a marathon that I will run for the rest of my life... not a sprint. I'm doing the "next right thing." I picked up a hobby, picked up the guitar and tuned it and played again. I cleaned the house and I was supportive to my wife who is 2000 miles away and sick (maybe flu).

Im really not a bad person. I actually a pretty good guy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

It's a marathon that I will run for the rest of my life... not a sprint. I'm doing the "next right thing." I picked up a hobby, picked up the guitar and tuned it and played again. I cleaned the house and I was supportive to my wife who is 2000 miles away and sick (maybe flu).

Im really not a bad person. I actually a pretty good guy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

Good things - most important thing is getting support from people who understand the disease. The AA meeting was the biggest thing you did that will help you on recovery. If you didn't feel the group at that meeting was for you, there are lots of groups to try. After all, if we didn't like a bar scene, we'd go to another bar, right? Trust me on this, finding a group will help you more than anything else you can do for yourself.

I wasn't really referring to your recovery, I see from other comments you're dealing with that. It was really about the anxiety and depression you said you suffer from, and advice on a way to conquer that.

Nobody has said you're a bad person so no fear there.

Hey all,

I'm finally getting back to normal. I'm eating again... crappy, unhealthy stuff, but I'm getting food in. Not a sip alcohol. I reconnected with family and took up a new hobby, tuned by guitar and I start my 3rd year of Ph.D. tomorrow. This is a difficult journey, but it will be the most rewarding of my life. I might be called "Doctor" some day, but this will be more satisfying. What really sucks is that my favorite music is country and most country refers to alcohol, which can be a trigger.

Just wanted to give an update.

I wasn't really referring to your recovery, I see from other comments you're dealing with that. It was really about the anxiety and depression you said you suffer from, and advice on a way to conquer that.

Nobody has said you're a bad person so no fear there.

I understand. But I want you and everyone else to know that alcoholics typically dislike themselves and feel stigma and feel that others look down on them.

I honestly can't believe that I put this out there, because most (including me at one time) hide this. But, I need the ability to talk and explain this away.

Hey all,

I'm finally getting back to normal. I'm eating again... crappy, unhealthy stuff, but I'm getting food in. Not a sip alcohol. I reconnected with family and took up a new hobby, tuned by guitar and I start my 3rd year of Ph.D. tomorrow. This is a difficult journey, but it will be the most rewarding of my life. I might be called "Doctor" some day, but this will be more satisfying. What really sucks is that my favorite music is country and most country refers to alcohol, which can be a trigger.

Just wanted to give an update.

Unhealthy food is still caloric intake! 🥓
Best of luck with school.

There's a new video up if you'd like to watch.

Youtube channel: Strength, wisdom and musings

A lot more people are sympathetic than you think to addiction. We are all human with flaws and hang ups. Make sure you get the support that you need when you're ready and that you get a doctor involved. I wish you happiness and strength

I understand. But I want you and everyone else to know that alcoholics typically dislike themselves and feel stigma and feel that others look down on them.

I honestly can't believe that I put this out there, because most (including me at one time) hide this. But, I need the ability to talk and explain this away.

I had my own addiction demons i had to fight a few years ago when I left my ex so believe me, I feel this pain. I remember vividly sitting in front of my parents and saying out loud for the first time "I am addicted to this" and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, those words felt like bricks in my chest so I do understand 100%. It took a lot of time, and a lot of work to fight it, but I went from being 92lbs to my now very healthy 121lbs and I feel great but it is still a daily effort to keep myself on the right path. Xxx

I had my own addiction demons i had to fight a few years ago when I left my ex so believe me, I feel this pain. I remember vividly sitting in front of my parents and saying out loud for the first time "I am addicted to this" and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, those words felt like bricks in my chest so I do understand 100%. It took a lot of time, and a lot of work to fight it, but I went from being 92lbs to my now very healthy 121lbs and I feel great but it is still a daily effort to keep myself on the right path. Xxx

Good job and congratulations. You look like a very beautiful girl from your avatar. Keep up the good work.

Hey,

I'm going to do something. I have 6 youtube subscribers. I will donate $1 to Give Kids the World for each additional up to $200. But you better watch and comment :).

You're probably wondering why I am doing this. I moved here three years ago and have no friends. My wife is thinking about leaving me. I use my youtube to talk to people.

It's Strength, Wisdom and Musings.

And I PROMISE I will donate that money. I will have Give Kids the World give you proof.

You really need to go to AA. You need to be with others that are traveling or have traveled the path you are going down to recovery. No one can do this alone. Life is going to happen and you are going to want to drink or you will start drinking without having that support of someone there to help who understands. Having a plan in place of alternate ways to handle life and stress is going to be essential in times of recovery.
A different option is talk to your student services, I've no doubt that they have on campus support for this as well. You're hardly the first or the last person on college campus that has alcohol issues. It's likely free or very very reduced and they will be tied into other resources in your area.
You are trying to rebuild your self esteem on a house of cards from the internet and that's not possible. You need to build on a solid foundation of help and support and guidance. Go to AA and encourage your wife to go to Al-Anon. I know some alcoholics who are real *****s and I know many many more that are drinking because they don't deal with their stuff (insert different word for stuff). Go deal with your stuff. After every deployment my husband tried to find his way in bottom of bottle and I'd pour it out and tell him if he hadn't found Jesus or the answers he wasn't going to find it there and back to counseling we went. You cannot stay sober without help and support of people you can depend on and ways to push forward when life gets hard and hits you in the face. Please take the very hard step of calling student support services or looking for AA meetings in your area.

You really need to go to AA. You need to be with others that are traveling or have traveled the path you are going down to recovery. No one can do this alone. Life is going to happen and you are going to want to drink or you will start drinking without having that support of someone there to help who understands. Having a plan in place of alternate ways to handle life and stress is going to be essential in times of recovery.
A different option is talk to your student services, I've no doubt that they have on campus support for this as well. You're hardly the first or the last person on college campus that has alcohol issues. It's likely free or very very reduced and they will be tied into other resources in your area.
You are trying to rebuild your self esteem on a house of cards from the internet and that's not possible. You need to build on a solid foundation of help and support and guidance. Go to AA and encourage your wife to go to Al-Anon. I know some alcoholics who are real *****s and I know many many more that are drinking because they don't deal with their stuff (insert different word for stuff). Go deal with your stuff. After every deployment my husband tried to find his way in bottom of bottle and I'd pour it out and tell him if he hadn't found Jesus or the answers he wasn't going to find it there and back to counseling we went. You cannot stay sober without help and support of people you can depend on and ways to push forward when life gets hard and hits you in the face. Please take the very hard step of calling student support services or looking for AA meetings in your area.

Thank you for the advice... already there :) And, I'm not necessarily relying on the internet. It's just another outlet and way of coping. One resource is good, 2,3,4 are better.

This is so true, if I hadn't told my parents about my problems and had their support and what I called family rehab no way would I have been able to clean myself up and do what I needed to do. Luckily, in a way, I didn't need AA or NA and my mum managed to get me a job working with her (it really was family rehab!) And that meant I had to lean on her a lot, which worked wonders for me. If I had tried to do it alone I would have relapsed, I just know for a fact I would. Xx

Hey there all, happy Saturday! The wife and I will be returning to the Disney for the first time today and I plan on taking videos and posting on my channel.

This will be my first foray into editing videos together. From what I've read, I need to use ivideo to do so. Does anyone out there have any advice or expertise on how to do so? I'm sure I can google and figure it out, but multiple sources of advice are better than 1.

Thanks.

OK, so I believe I have learned the "in's and outs' of what I can do here on the boards." I made a mistake last time posting a video in that I mentioned a site. So, I'm going to try this and hope I don't get points or banned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!