A Disney Overdose..17 day PTR!..with inlaws :(

AKLodger

Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

Please bear with me as this is my very first trip report EVAR!

Sorry PRE trip report. Sometimes I get anxious and trick myself into thinking Im already in the World. :cool2:

This is a Seventeen (17) day, WDW/Universal/Sea World/Shopping extravaganza (sp?)

We are flying out of Canada on Nov 27th and will be landing in Orlando at 7:00pm!!

Oh..I guess I should introduce the cast before we go any further. (pix comming soon, when Im done procrastinating)

We will start of with the most important person which is me! :rolleyes1

The Name is Scott, and Im 31. This is like my 15th WDW trip. Its in my blood.

Then we have my DGF Chrissy who is...29 I think. :P This will be her third trip.

Our newest addition is our 11 month old DS Sawyer. He will be 13 months at the time of the trip, and Im thinking its going to be very interesting. I've never experienced WDW with a child before, unless you count myself going there as a child. :P

Then we have the DGF's mom who has never been before. Actually shes never even seen a palm tree before, so everyone is really excited to see her reactions to everything. One of my favorite things is bringing ppl to the World who have never been before. You just have to love the looks on there faces when they first see the Castle or the Ball. Its gonna be sweet!

And last in the intro hierarchy is the DGFs 16 year old brother. This will be his second trip. Last time we went it was just myself, DGF and her brother and wow did they fight like crazy. This time though hopefully there mommy can keep them in line!:rotfl:

So anyways, back to the trip. We will be hopping on the Magical Express and hopefull be to our hotel by 8:30pm. Our home for the next two weeks? Animal Kingdom Lodge of course! I love that place so much Im going to buying some DVC shares in it this trip!

On the downside though, 5 people in a Queen/bunkbed Pool view room is going to be tight, but I just couldnt justify the extra expense of getting two rooms. This may be a decision I will grow to regret though. Time will tell. Worst case scenario I sleep on the patio.

So this first evening we are heading to DTD so the DGF can order her custom made Disney xmas ornaments. This is a tradition of ours every year. Shes very anal about getting this done first thing just because it takes a while to get these things custom hand painted. You can be sure the first one she gets is for baby Sawyers first WDW trip.

After some shopping and whatnot we will be heading to Fultons Crab house for 10:30 supper that will be paid OOP. Im not a big seafood fan but the DGF and her mom are, and I figured this would be a great place to introduce the magic and theming of WDW to her mom right off the hop...plus Im dieing for one of those Pop-rock martinis!

So from here on in Im just going to give a daily break down of our dining/activity itinerary! Enjoy!

Day 2, Nov. 28th

Breakfast @ Boma -9:30am
Head to Epcot
Lunch @ Tutto Italia - 1:20pm
Walk to the Boardwalk resort around 7:00pm
Supper @ Flying Fish Cafe 7:45pm

Hopefully we can either make it back to Epcot for Illuminations, or at least view them from somewhere on the Boardwalk. (anyone know any good views from the BW)

Day 3, Nov. 29th

Breakfast @ Boma - 8:35am
Head to MK
Lunch @ the Crystal Palace - 1:10pm
Head back to hotel for mid afternoon break
Supper @ Narcoosee's @ 7:05pm
Back to MK to shut er down at midnight!

This was originally planned as our first day. I always like to start out a WDW vacation with MK, but I added a few extra days on the beggining and the end of our trip to save some flight costs and thus it messed up my first day plan.

Day 4, Nov.30th

Breakfast @ Boma - 8:30am
Head to DHS
Lunch @ 50's Prime Time - 1:55pm
Midafternoon break
Supper @ Yachtsmens Steakhouse - 7:15pm
Close down DTD

Day 5, Dec.1st

Breakfast @ Donalds Safari Breakfast Tuskkar House - 9:15am
Lunch @ Yak n Yeti -2:30pm
Supper @ Jiko - 9:15pm

Day 6, Dec.2nd

DAY OFF!
Shopping day!!
Maybe some DQ, mini put, ICE.
Supper @ California Grill - 9:25pm (just in time for the MVMCP fireworks!)

Anyone have any reccomendations for an offsite place to eat lunch at? Something fun and exciting and yummy? I was thinking Medival times but they dont do lunch.

Day 7, Dec.3rd

Breakfast @ Boma - 9:00am
Head to Epcot
Lunch @ Beirgarten - 1:35pm
Supper @ San Angel Inn - 7:30pm

This is a definate "drinking round the world" event! I expect some epic pictures and videos to come from this!

Day 8, Dec.4th

WaterPark day!!!
Blizzard beach in the morning
Breakfast OOP
Lunch OOP
Supper @ Coral Reef - 7:55pm

Notice how we kept the theme this day aquatic? :P

Day 9, Dec.5th

Breakfast @ Boma - 8:45am
Head to DHS
Lunch @ Sci-Fi Diner - 12:35pm
Dinner @ Citricos - 5:40pm
back to DHS

Day 10, Dec.6th

Breakfast @ Boma - 9:00am
Head to Epcot
Lunch @ Chefs Du France - 2:00pm
Midafternoon break
Head to MK
Supper @ Artist Pointe - 9:20pm

Day 11, Dec.7th

Day off!!!
Breakfast OOP
DTD
Lunch @ Raglan Road - 12:45pm
Explore all the awsome WDW hotels
Supper @ Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Day 12, Dec.8th

Breakfast @ Boma - 9:05am
head to Blizzard Beach for the morning
Afternoon at AK
Lunch @ Yak n Yeti - 3:00pm
Supper @ Jiko - 9:30pm

Day 13, Dec.9th

Day off!
breakfast OOP
Lunch OOP
Sea World all day!
Supper - Victoria & Alberts (just for DGF & I whew!)

I could really use some advice on eating at Sea World. Has anyone experienced Sharks Underwater Grill?

Day 14, Dec.10th

Breakfast @ Boma - 9:30am
head to epcot
Lunch @ 9 Dragons - 12:00pm
Undecided afternoon
Supper @ Narcoosee's - 7:00pm
MVMCP all night!!

Day 15, Dec.11th

Check out of AKL early morning
Head to the Hard Rock Hotel
Hit Universal Studios!

ok I have only been to Islands of Adventure once for the Harry Potter grand opening. I am not familiar with any of the dining onsite at Universal or at the HRH. I realllllly need some good recomendations for lunches and suppers. All I know for certain is that Im going back to MargaritaVille :P

Day 16, Dec.12th

Full day of Islands of Adventure

Once again I have -no- idea what to do for food. :( The only good thing is that we are staying on the concierge level at the HRH so at least I know there will be snackies and booze available! Input needed again.

Day 17, Dec.13th

The saddest day yet. The day we leave :(

Our flight doesnt leave until 7pm so we have a full day that we can use, were just not sure what to do. Maybe some more Universal, maybe back to the outlet malls. I guess we will see. Anyone else have any nice parting traditions they can sugest?

So thats pretty much that. Let me know whatcha think, and suggestions of things/places that I should do! And stay tuned...the actual trip report is going to be a picture/video filled tour of epic proportions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter