A DREAM come true cruise - Concierge and a Proposal! COMPLETED 2/13

Easiest way is to upload your video to YouTube and then post the link. The brie video I posted is a YouTube link.

I so want to see Beauty & the Beast! I've gotten hooked on long cruises but I foresee a short one on the Dream in my future.
Thanks when I get to a computer I’ll try that. I’ll need to create a YouTube account.

I also prefer the longer cruises, but this show was really incredible you should see it. Maybe do one of the five night double dips the Dream does

That sounds really cool!

So, the way I upload videos is a multi-step process; maybe others have an easier way? I also only do it from a computer, not mobile.

First, I upload the video to Youtube. You'll need to have an account, then just click on the upload icon (line with arrow pointing up) on the upper right of the screen. After you upload the video, go to it and click on the "Share" option under it. A box will pop up and it will include a URL "https ://youtu.be/xxxxxxxxx". Copy that link.

Then on the Disboards, when you are in your post click on the "film strip". It's next to the emoji and image links. Paste the youtube link into that box, and presto, you've got an embedded video!

If you are posting from Mobile, I think you can do a similar option, uploading to youtube, click Share and copy link, then post into the Disboards, but I haven't tried.
I love this step by step guide! Super helpful and when I get by a computer I’m going to attempt to upload a video :)

I can't believe it took me so long to see this! But I'm following along! I read it last night but I didn't quote it because I was on my phone. I'm sorry you were sick that's never any fun, and you're room on the cruise looks amazing!

Your martini class looks fun even though you didn’t like the classic ones. I don’t think I would like them either but would like to try them once. I signed up for a mixology class on my cruise. Can’t wait!

Animators Palate looks so cute. So many people have raves about the truffle pasta so I know I must try it. It’s very cool that the sever brought you an another portion knowing how much you liked it.

I can't believe it took me so long to see this! But I'm following along! I read it last night but I didn't quote it because I was on my phone. I'm sorry you were sick that's never any fun, and you're room on the cruise looks amazing!
:welcome: I'm happy you found it :) This website is a lot harder to use while on a phone I completely understand. The room was probably the best one to have when forced to spend so much time in one while sick. Definitely made things easier.

Your martini class looks fun even though you didn’t like the classic ones. I don’t think I would like them either but would like to try them once. I signed up for a mixology class on my cruise. Can’t wait!.
I really enjoy all the drinking classes, they make them a lot of fun. I probably wouldn't do the martini again, but it was really educational I learned a lot of things I had no clue about before and martinis are my favorite drink. You're going to have a lot of fun at your mixology class. We did ours on our last day so you can read about it. I had a lot of fun at it.

Animators Palate looks so cute. So many people have raves about the truffle pasta so I know I must try it. It’s very cool that the sever brought you an another portion knowing how much you liked it.
It's a really unique restaurant, I don't think any other cruises have something even comparable to it. You definitely have to try the pasta it's sooo good. I'm looking forward to having it on my next cruise already lol. Our server was really great and attentive.

Congrats and following along! Girl...I carry a pharmacy with me when I cruise! My mom laughs but guess what, it has literally everything in it in times of need! lol
:welcome: and thank you :) I wish I had had a pharmacy in my purse. I don't know what I was thinking leaving all my medicine behind. I'll definitely not make that mistake again. You are very smart to do that, don't stop!

I'm hooked! Can't wait to read more!
That's great to hear :)

DAY 3 - December 13
Castaway Cay

My boyfriend woke up very early this morning to go run the 5k on Castaway Cay. I used that time to sleep in a while. Once he was back we decided we wouldn't be going into the water since I was sick and it was still cold, so he showered and got dressed.

upload_2018-1-17_7-57-12.png

I love the back of the Disney ships. Each one has different characters doing something cute.

When we got off the ship it was really windy, my hair was flying all over the place. We walked to the tram stop. They have one tram stop near the front of the ship that goes to two different stops, one for each family beach. The second stop is also where you'd get off to transfer for a different tram that would take you to Serenity Bay, the adult only beach. That's where we were headed.

upload_2018-1-17_7-59-37.png

This sign was out front when we got to Serenity Bay. Since the winds were so strong they cancelled all tours and activities on the island. Since we hadn't planned any excursions this wasn't really an inconvenience for us, but I felt bad for others. I think the water was really cold and rough waves too, since I didn't see anyone in the water on the adult beach or family beach.

upload_2018-1-17_8-2-31.png

We found two hammocks to sit in, probably because they were in the shade.

upload_2018-1-17_8-3-1.png

The water was filled with seaweed and rough waves.

upload_2018-1-17_8-3-29.png

We relaxed here for a while. I love hammocks and would totally have one at home if I didn't think all the spiders would come to make a home out of it. I'm terrified of spiders and they seem to love me.

upload_2018-1-17_8-5-2.png

This picture is kind of difficult to see, but there are little birdies near the ocean. I love these birds, I'm pretty sure they are the ones in that Disney short they showed before Moana. These birds were running all over the sand.

upload_2018-1-17_8-6-16.png

After some relaxing we decided to get some lunch. The adult only BBQ has a few more items than the family beach does. I wasn't really in the mood for anything but a hotdog and one of the cast members say me waiting in a long line with the bun and took me to the front of the line to give me a hotdog. That was really nice :) I went and got us a table and watched as birds flew onto peoples plates that had been set down. The people came back and ate the food even though the birds had been all over it a moment before and they had shooed them away. Yuck.

upload_2018-1-17_8-8-42.png

I had had enough beach relaxing and wanted to head back towards the ship. We were going to stop at the family beach to look around gift shops first.

upload_2018-1-17_8-9-29.png

upload_2018-1-17_8-9-56.png

We didn't wait too long before a tram arrived.

Castaway Cay

upload_2018-1-17_8-10-44.png

Over at the family beach they had signs saying the excursions were all cancelled.

We looked around the shops and there were a few cute shirts, but they were so expensive! $40 for a normal t-shirt is way too much. So we took pictures of it instead.

upload_2018-1-17_8-11-59.png

upload_2018-1-17_8-12-27.png

We walked around and took some pictures.

upload_2018-1-17_8-12-50.png

upload_2018-1-17_8-13-8.png

upload_2018-1-17_8-13-25.png

We then decided to walk back to the ship instead of taking the tram.

upload_2018-1-17_8-14-26.png

Our pretty ship.

upload_2018-1-17_8-14-56.png

It didn't seem as windy, but I'm not sure if they ever opened up the excursions or just kept everything cancelled the rest of the day.

upload_2018-1-17_8-15-42.png

The island was decked out for the holidays.

upload_2018-1-17_8-16-28.png

The room was probably the best one to have when forced to spend so much time in one while sick. Definitely made things easier.

LOL...this is almost exactly what I said when I was fighting a bad cold and spent the majority of time in our 1 br suite NYE cruise 2015-2016. For fun, I looked up our stateroom number and we were in the same one. I spent a lot of time in the tub and bed...good for you that you got off the ship at least. My DH will mention something from that cruise and I have no memory of it! Fortunately you took pictures and the proposal was memorable :)

Castaway Cay

upload_2018-1-17_8-17-15.png

Is it just me, or does the back of the boat look funny when looking at it straight on? The bottom sticks out and then it gets narrowed then widens again at the top.

upload_2018-1-17_8-18-11.png

It was Christmas in the Bahamas.

upload_2018-1-17_8-18-36.png

upload_2018-1-17_8-18-59.png

We didn't spend as much time on the island as I would have liked, but I wasn't feeling good and the weather wasn't great. We were headed back on the ship to relax. We still had a few hours before we had to get ready for our Remy dinner that night.

LOL...this is almost exactly what I said when I was fighting a bad cold and spent the majority of time in our 1 br suite NYE cruise 2015-2016. For fun, I looked up our stateroom number and we were in the same one. I spent a lot of time in the tub and bed...good for you that you got off the ship at least. My DH will mention something from that cruise and I have no memory of it! Fortunately you took pictures and the proposal was memorable :)
That's so cool we were in the same room :) not so fun we were both sick in it. I was determined to still have fun even though I felt horrible. Since you have no memories of yours you'll just have to do it again. Pictures are the best way to remember, I'll sometimes completely forget something happened until I come across a picture of it and it jogs my memory.

That's so cool we were in the same room :) not so fun we were both sick in it. I was determined to still have fun even though I felt horrible. Since you have no memories of yours you'll just have to do it again. Pictures are the best way to remember, I'll sometimes completely forget something happened until I come across a picture of it and it jogs my memory.

I love your logic! Unfortunately, the only thing I remember was the one night at dinner with the entire family my niece was crawling around on the floor.

Good news was everyone else had fun...and maybe it's best I don't remember our family cruise :)

I've done the Magic and the Dream, and while the classic ships have a certain intimacy that can't be matched by the newer fleet, I prefer the latter. They are a bit harder to navigate to be fair. Some random thoughts:
Animator's Palate: Agree. Not as good at the original on the Wonder and Magic. I miss that old show.
Skyline Lounge: That's where we've always had our mixology classes. Fun location, very fun class as long as the others there participate.
Meridian: Same thoughts on the martinis, though I don't mind a classic on occasion. Had different non-traditional ones than you, but my wife liked those--the classics not so much.
Match Your Mate: We got to play on our honeymoon as we were the couple who had been married the shortest amount of time (1 day). I don't know how it played out with the game you watched, but I've yet to hear or see anyone but the longest married couple win. We're outgoing and loved playing, and actually matched more answers; however, the longest-married ones made a very cute couple. At one point, I made some mildly salacious comment in regards to one of the adult-oriented questions that got the moderator and audience quite tickled. At least 2-3 times a day after that (it was the first night), someone would see us and wink and say "hey, guys!" Too funny!
Remy: You haven't gotten there yet in your report, but we've done it every cruise, and it is like a mini-version of Victoria & Albert's. We always went on the final night of the cruise until this last trip, and we opted to do it on the first night since that was our actual anniversary. Not one other soul dined there that evening. We had the entire staff and kitchen at our service. We asked why and it turns out that the first night is always the least busy since people a) want to get into the rotational dining first and b) want to save Remy for last. Usually, they have at least a few tables but not on this night. We arrived for the first seating and didn't leave until well after the last seating--no one showed.

As for the whole putting something by someone, it's tough on us guys trying to do that. I'm not personally a big planner, either, so my wife has all the details. However, I'm darn good at working behind the scenes when needed, so all kind of props to your fiance for his work to make your proposal special. Looking forward to hearing more!

I've done the Magic and the Dream, and while the classic ships have a certain intimacy that can't be matched by the newer fleet, I prefer the latter. They are a bit harder to navigate to be fair. Some random thoughts:
Animator's Palate: Agree. Not as good at the original on the Wonder and Magic. I miss that old show.
Skyline Lounge: That's where we've always had our mixology classes. Fun location, very fun class as long as the others there participate.
Meridian: Same thoughts on the martinis, though I don't mind a classic on occasion. Had different non-traditional ones than you, but my wife liked those--the classics not so much.
Match Your Mate: We got to play on our honeymoon as we were the couple who had been married the shortest amount of time (1 day). I don't know how it played out with the game you watched, but I've yet to hear or see anyone but the longest married couple win. We're outgoing and loved playing, and actually matched more answers; however, the longest-married ones made a very cute couple. At one point, I made some mildly salacious comment in regards to one of the adult-oriented questions that got the moderator and audience quite tickled. At least 2-3 times a day after that (it was the first night), someone would see us and wink and say "hey, guys!" Too funny!
Remy: You haven't gotten there yet in your report, but we've done it every cruise, and it is like a mini-version of Victoria & Albert's. We always went on the final night of the cruise until this last trip, and we opted to do it on the first night since that was our actual anniversary. Not one other soul dined there that evening. We had the entire staff and kitchen at our service. We asked why and it turns out that the first night is always the least busy since people a) want to get into the rotational dining first and b) want to save Remy for last. Usually, they have at least a few tables but not on this night. We arrived for the first seating and didn't leave until well after the last seating--no one showed.

As for the whole putting something by someone, it's tough on us guys trying to do that. I'm not personally a big planner, either, so my wife has all the details. However, I'm darn good at working behind the scenes when needed, so all kind of props to your fiance for his work to make your proposal special. Looking forward to hearing more!
I plan to visit the Skyline Lounge more on my future cruises. It's such a cool idea with the changing skyline. That's really cool you played in Match Your Mate on your honeymoon. Honestly, I don't remember who one this one. We're hoping to play on our honeymoon cruise. I think it would be a lot of fun. I agree that Remy is like a mini Victoria and Albert's. I'm trying to decide which night to go on our honeymoon cruise. I really wish they'll let us know our rotation ahead of time. I want to make sure I have it on a night no show is scheduled, so I'll probably go for the pirate night again.

It was really impressive how he planned all this, I think it's the most planning he's ever done. I'll have more details on everything he did when I post about Remy :) I know the proposal is though on you guys.

Castaway Cay continued

We got back on the boat pretty quickly and decided to wander around and explore. We didn't really have any plans since dinner wasn't until 6pm and it was still pretty early in the day.

upload_2018-1-22_8-7-1.png

This water is just so pretty. I love having a view of the island. My other cruise we had a view of the pier, This was a much better view. Look at that water! I don't think I've seen colors like that before.

upload_2018-1-22_8-8-4.png

I wish I'd been feeling better, since the wait for the Aqua Duck was nonexistent.

We headed to the lounge to get some snacks and relax. We were the only ones there.

upload_2018-1-22_8-8-59.png

Here's some views of the place completely empty.

upload_2018-1-22_8-9-24.png

upload_2018-1-22_8-9-41.png

You can see the cute decorations they had up for the holidays.

upload_2018-1-22_8-10-20.png

I drank some Coke, hoping the bubbles would help my throat feel better. It helped a little. I was not a fan of the desserts.

We went up to the sundeck to relax for a bit. There was one other couple there when we got there, but they left shortly after we arrived, so we had this place to ourselves too.

upload_2018-1-22_8-11-26.png

No one was in the hot tub and I wanted to soak my feet. I'd rather have gone in completely, but I wasn't feeling up for changing into a swimsuit.

upload_2018-1-22_8-12-18.png

The water felt really nice.

upload_2018-1-22_8-12-42.png

We started off sitting at the entrance. But then decided to move across to the other side.

upload_2018-1-22_8-13-16.png

The view from the other side. We could not figure out the bubbles in this thing. We never found a button to push. At random times it would just shut off and then start back up again, so maybe it was on a timer?

Continued next post

I've got a bit of catching up to do but these pics of you enjoying the beach and Castaway Cay, the concierge lounge and hot tub are awesome.
That's the great point about the 4nt Disney Dream. The club level is really affordable and this cruise is so relaxing, it really gives you the time to enjoy the lounge and the ship.

Love your plans to go back. The Beauty and the Beast show is really pulling me to book a land and sea between the holidays late next year if we can manage it.

upload_2018-1-22_8-24-8.png

Ahh relaxation.

upload_2018-1-22_8-24-33.png

A view of the empty sundeck.

I had had enough so we went back to the room.

upload_2018-1-22_8-24-58.png

So pretty. Just incredible.

I stayed out here a while relaxing.

upload_2018-1-22_8-25-36.png

That long row of rocks that were covered in water started off completely dry. The water was really rough and there was barely anyone in the water and no one was out far.

When 5pm came around my boyfriend said he was going to go over to the lounge to get a drink before our dinner. I was going to start getting ready. Then I got a really bad cough attack. It was so bad I ended up throwing up. It was the first time I threw up from just coughing. It was weird experience because my stomach didn't hurt at all before or after. But I hate throwing up. It was horrible and I felt horrible. I was sitting on the bathroom floor feeling like I was dying and wondering where my boyfriend was. It shouldn't take so long to get a drink. So eventually I got up and walked into the lounge to find him. He wasn't there.

It is really hard to surprise me and I was a little suspicious that he was going to propose to me at this dinner. Since he wasn't there I became extra suspicious and started to panic. I looked horrible and had just thrown up all my food from the day. By some miracle I was able to get dressed and get pretty. My boyfriend got back ten minutes before our meal with a drink in hand from the lounge. Made me even more suspicious. I decided not to tell him that I threw up or went looking for him.

We headed off to Remy. We took the elevator down to the 10th deck and walked the length of the ship through the indoor corridors. It was the easiest way to get there without having to go outside. I was all dressed up so I didn't want to get my hair messed up in the wind or anything.

We checked in at the front podium. The lady working there almost ruined everything. Before I could even speak she goes "Room 12514?" I was a little startled and wondered why she knew what room I was in. My boyfriend said there must not be many reservations, but looked a little stressed.

They told us to wait in Meridian until they came to get us. I decided to go to the bathroom. The bathroom up there is so pretty! I recommend everyone go in there at least once to see it. It's out by the elevators so anyone can go inside them.

upload_2018-1-22_8-34-5.png

upload_2018-1-22_8-34-22.png

upload_2018-1-22_8-34-40.png

Here are some pictures for everyone to see and for guy's who will never get to see it.

When I went back, we were quickly escorted inside.

Up next dinner at Remy with a special surprise...

I've got a bit of catching up to do but these pics of you enjoying the beach and Castaway Cay, the concierge lounge and hot tub are awesome.
That's the great point about the 4nt Disney Dream. The club level is really affordable and this cruise is so relaxing, it really gives you the time to enjoy the lounge and the ship.

Love your plans to go back. The Beauty and the Beast show is really pulling me to book a land and sea between the holidays late next year if we can manage it.
I think the best way to try out concierge would be on the Dream. I did book it on the Fantasy, but it was crazy expensive and if it wasn't my honeymoon I'd never pay that amount normally. Mixing it with a trip to Disney World makes it feel like a long vacation and you get the best of both worlds. The Beauty and the Beast show alone is a reason to book the Dream. So good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter