A few activities questions

monkeydawn

DIS Veteran
Since my cruise will be the first of it's type for the year, I was looking through last years Navigators to see what kinds of activities might be offered. Most things I have seen reference to in TRs or could figure out on my own but I couldnt figure out a few of them. What are:

Mickey 200
Pirates Life for Me (7:30 PM, only one offering)
Pirate and Princess Party 4 PM

For the Pirate and Princess Party do the Princesses don special Pirate outfits or what the heck is that about?

I board in a week. Hopefully. For Bermuda. Hopefully. 2 hurricanes threatening Bermuda inside of a week is crazy pants. And if we go to Canada we are headed to where Dorian visited earlier this month. The pictures Ive seen of that area look like here after Florence and, well, I wouldnt have wanted to vacation here 3 weeks after Flo's visit last year. Ugh. So I am trying to focus on what I can control...menus and activities. LOL

Mickey 200 - Build a car out of provided veggies and race them (not sure if this is kids only or everyone)

Pirates Life... - I am pretty sure this is the more kid-friendly Pirate show (with Mickey and Friends as opposed to the human "pirates") that's on deck between the two seatings.

Never heard of the Pirate and Princess Party. (Also NEVER heard of the Princesses dressing as anything but Princesses.)

Mickey 200 - Build a car out of provided veggies and race them (not sure if this is kids only or everyone)

Pirates Life... - I am pretty sure this is the more kid-friendly Pirate show (with Mickey and Friends as opposed to the human "pirates") that's on deck between the two seatings.

Never heard of the Pirate and Princess Party. (Also NEVER heard of the Princesses dressing as anything but Princesses.)

Thanks!

The Mickey 200 was listed in the fun for everyone or whatever its called section. I love a good Pinewood Derby so I have to say I am a little intrigued.

Ive read that Belle has a Christmas outfit but I am guessing its still pretty Princessy. Hopefully in two weeks I can update what that is, unless someone comes in before and lets us know. :)

Thanks!

The Mickey 200 was listed in the fun for everyone or whatever its called section. I love a good Pinewood Derby so I have to say I am a little intrigued.

Ive read that Belle has a Christmas outfit but I am guessing its still pretty Princessy. Hopefully in two weeks I can update what that is, unless someone comes in before and lets us know. :)

Well, yes. A few of them have a couple of princess outfits. But they are still princesses. I meant dressing as other than princesses - like they don't have costumes for Mickey's Not So Scary.

We got called on stage for Pirate's Life several years ago... it was a game show type of thing. It was Disney trivia based.

Mickey 200 is awesome! You build a racecar out of a carrot, potato, toothpicks and plastic wheels. You work in teams...ten minutes of design time with a knife...and then you race your creations against others. Sometimes it's packed so get there early to sign up. DH and the kids won the whole shebang tournament once, and on another cruise there weren't that many teams so DH and one kid competed as a team, and my other two kids and me as another team. We smoked 'em. So proud of that medal! Lol. It's not in the kids club but in one of the lounges, so everyone can go.

I've read that Belle has a Christmas outfit but I am guessing its still pretty Princessy. Hopefully in two weeks I can update what that is, unless someone comes in before and lets us know. :)

It's the dress she wears in the "Something There" song (with the snowball fight) in the animated movie.

Thank you all. Between checking on a laptop and a phone yesterday i missed a couple of replies. I just made sure I caught everything. Thanks to MomOTwins for quoting bravestmerida so I saw I missed stuff. :)

Thank you all. Between checking on a laptop and a phone yesterday i missed a couple of replies. I just made sure I caught everything. Thanks to MomOTwins for quoting bravestmerida so I saw I missed stuff. :)
Yeah--just don't go to that pirate/princess party. It is the worst. Even my 6 year olds felt awkward; it is pretty much something only toddlers would enjoy.

Yeah--just don't go to that pirate/princess party. It is the worst. Even my 6 year olds felt awkward; it is pretty much something only toddlers would enjoy.
Hah! I initially added commentary my kid provided to my original post but deleted it before posting in case someone felt otherwise. She was 7 when we did this and I agree... it was SUPER awkward.

Hah! I initially added commentary my kid provided to my original post but deleted it before posting in case someone felt otherwise. She was 7 when we did this and I agree... it was SUPER awkward.
Lol. Curious now what she said! I wish they had a pirates and princess party with captain jack and some pirate-y princesses—that sounds like it would be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter