• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few dining reviews 9/2-9/9

KatelynnsAuntie

<font color=teal>We always bring in bottles of wat
This trip consisted of just me and my 3.5 yr old. We were on free dining.

Coral Reef lunch - First time eating here. At first they were going to seat us far, far away from the tank. We wouldn't have been able to see anything!! I asked if we could move closer, and they seated us not next to the tank, but right across from it facing it, much better view!! :thumbsup2 I had the chicken, my kid had the pizza. The chicken was okay. The pizza standard. The dessert was great! I had the chocolate wave and she had the make your own sundae. Our waiter was great. Even though we were on the free dining, I tipped him a couple extra bucks. I'm glad I went here (I'd never been) but unless they have more selections that aren't seafood probably won't go again (I don't care for seafood).

CRT lunch - First time eating here. We didn't get seated by the window :( but it was still okay. I was surprised they put us at a table for 4. :confused3 My child had on her Cinderella dress and the picture she had taken with Cinderella is priceless! :love: I had the pasta and she had the mini hot dogs. The pasta was good, there was a LOT of it. No matter how much I ate, I felt like I wasn't even making a dent in it! I really liked the blueberry buckle. It was yummy!! Character action was good. I can't remember exactly who was there as I write this except for the Fairy Godmother. First time I had ever seen her in person!! But I do remember every one saw us in a timely manner. Again I left a couple extra dollars for our server. I'm glad I went, but don't know if I'd do it again because of the 2 TS credit.

Crystal Palace lunch - Have eaten here a couple times before. Going here at lunch was such a nice break from the parks! We were however seated at a table directly underneath that window in the ceiling...so the sun was beating down on us anyway. :rolleyes: I scooched our table over so we were more in the shade...careful not to intrude on the people next to us. ;) Character interaction here was great! :) Food was yummy too. I was pleased to see they had the fixings for peanut butter and jelly as my kid was getting SICK of chicken fingers and mac and cheese all the time. Boy she loved that PBJ sandwich!!! And they had whole fruit here too so she ate a banana as well. :banana: I really enjoyed the food here, although the lines at the buffet were kinda long. :rolleyes1 And she had a blast with the Pooh characters!! Again left a couple extra bucks for our server. Of course will eat here again. :)

Liberty Tree Tavern dinner - First time eating here for dinner - ate here for lunch a couple years ago (no characters). Food was good, character interaction (well, Goofy) and service marginal. This was the most disappointing TS of the trip. We had ADR's but still had to wait a LONG time to be seated. When I inquired they said we were the next party of our size to be seated. But then they seated another party of our size while we're still sitting there!! :rolleyes: When we finally were seated, our server acted as though we were more of a bother than anything else. I had to ask for an extra napkin several times since my child accidentally dipped hers in the butter and it was a mess. (Kids :rolleyes: ;) ) So we ate the bread and then waited a looooooooong time before they brought out the main course. When they finally brought it out though, it was so good. (Or maybe I was just starving by that point ;) ). Then we waited a loooooooong time to have those dishes cleared and dessert brought out. I also had to ask a couple times for a refill on soda. I was happy with the character interaction until Goofy came over. Whoever was playing Goofy that night was not in a good mood. He actually acted annoyed to sign an autograph. I don't know. It was weird. All the other characters were great though and everyone came by our table twice. :) The 2nd time Goofy came over he was a little bit better so that was good. This is the only restaurant I didn't tip extra at. Undecided whether I will eat here again.

Garden Grill dinner - Have eaten here a couple times before. Another restaurant they were going to seat us at far away from the scenerey (my child would have not even been able to see anything because of the wall there), so I asked if we could move closer. It took a while (and the hostess just kinda left us standing in the middle of the restaurant) but they fulfilled our request. We got a booth right next to the scenery! Yay! Food here was yummy but this was towards the end of the trip and my child was SO SICK of mac and cheese and chicken fingers at this point...she pretty much refused to eat. :p I really loved the turkey and mashed potatoes here and the salad was really good. Loved the characters here too, they each came by our table twice. Tipped an extra couple bucks. Will eat here again.

Trails End breakfast - First time eating here. I have to say this was the surprise of the trip. I really loved it here!! The place was next to empty :confused3 so our server paid lots of attention to us. :) The breakfast food was really good with no lines at the buffet and my child loved the Mickey waffles!! I loved the whole atmosphere of Fort Wilderness - it was pretty much empty, even the petting farm area!! I paid for this one out of pocket and gave a generous tip to our server...he was so nice!! I will definitely come here again.

1900 Park Fare breakfast - First time eating here. We had a really late seating for this one (it was the day we were leaving) so it was practically empty!! The food was yummy again with no lines at the buffet and there was LOTS of character interaction. Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh all spent LOTS of time with us which was GREAT!! (Mary Poppins was in the lobby). Our server was very friendly and we chatted a lot. I really loved this place!! Tipped her an extra couple bucks here too. :) I would love to come to dinner here next time!

So that's my reviews of our TS ADR's. :)

KatelynnsAuntie said:
Food here was yummy but this was towards the end of the trip and my child was SO SICK of mac and cheese and chicken fingers at this point...she pretty much refused to eat. :p
:)

Oh my goodness, I have 8 year old triplets and they refused to eat chicken nuggets and french fries after our 3rd day! It didn't even matter if it was in a cute little Mickey plate.

thanks for the reviews! just interested to know, since i have never eaten there -- I thought that entrees at the Garden Grill were family-style. would they not let your daughter eat the turkey and mashed potatoes b/c it was on the "adult" menu or was she just not interested (you mentioned that she wouldn't eat the mac and cheese)? and aren't the entrees at Liberty Tree family style as well?

llqool said:
thanks for the reviews! just interested to know, since i have never eaten there -- I thought that entrees at the Garden Grill were family-style. would they not let your daughter eat the turkey and mashed potatoes b/c it was on the "adult" menu or was she just not interested (you mentioned that she wouldn't eat the mac and cheese)? and aren't the entrees at Liberty Tree family style as well?

Yes both Garden Grill and LTT are family style - she could have had any of it...but she wasn't interested. She's actually a very poor eater. :( She could have lived off french fries for the week though. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter