A Friend Of Mine Has Been Sued And I'm Worried

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
A good friend of mine has been sued for unknown reason and I'm so worried. I don't know what he's been sued for, but he told me that he's been sued by mean spirited people. And I think he's innocent. He and I have been friends for years. And he considers me as his Brother In Christ. And I'm so scared for him for some wicked people suing him for unknown reasons. I hope he's not going to end up in jail. That will be terrible! :sad1: I hope and prayed he gets through in court and hopefully wins the case.:sad:

Last edited:
Hi,
A good friend of mine has been sued for unknown reason and I'm so worried. I don't know what he's been sued for, but he told me that he's been sued by mean spirited people. And I think he's innocent. He and I have been friends for years. And he considers me as his Brother In Christ. And I'm so scared for him for some wicked people suing him for unknown reasons. I hope he's not going to end up in jail. That will be terrible! :sad1: I hope and prayed he gets through through in court and hopefully wins the case.:sad:
Hoping all goes well for your friend, Ts. :hug:'s

You also need a policy, typically a renters policy or homeowners policy, that includes personal liability insurance. If you do not have this then an umbrella policy will not work for an ordinary lawsuit. Usually the insurance company will remind you that you need the other policy at the time you arrange to buy the umbrella policy.

I have umbrella insurance for this reason.
Nothing like being sued and pretty sure they can garnish your wages … worse than paying alimony .
I tell everybody to consider adding an umbrella policy .
You also need a policy, typically a renters policy or homeowners policy, that includes personal liability insurance. If you do not have this then an umbrella policy will not work for an ordinary lawsuit. Usually the insurance company will remind you that you need the other policy at the time you arrange to buy the umbrella policy.
Thank you for the information, I appreciate that, but I'm still little worried.

Have been thinking a little more since this could possibly be a scam .
Bad people are very good at targeting the innocent for financial gain.
Could your friend be a target ?
Hope your friend allows you to help but you should also be aware of your safety too.

Last edited:
Have been thinking a little more since this could possibly be a scam .
Bad people are very good at targeting the innocent for financial gain.
Could your friend be a target ?
These threats sound very convincing . You would believe because they seem to know a lot about you , etc.
Hope your friend allows you to help but you should also be aware of your safety too.
I'm not involved of the case. I'm just worried about my friend being sued and I hope he's innocent. I don't know what you're talking about? I know him for a very long time and I know he never did something wrong. People are jumping to conclusions!

Last edited:
I am sorry.. I responded after reading & thinking about other situations.
in particularly, my own sister that was scammed for $10,000 while her husband was out of town .
I never meant to imply specifics just a cautious warning for all and for me . I also worry your friend is being scammed , not that he is scamming you .

I find it a strange that your friend volunteered that he’s being sued, but not what for. I can easily see saying nothing at all, or simply saying, “I’m going through a tough time, please keep me in your prayers.”

I can also see someone saying, “I’m being sued for ____ but I’m not at fault.” Or even, “I made a mistake but I’m being sued all out of proportion to what happened.”

But “I’m being sued by mean-spirited people” and no specific details sounds like he’s trying to get you on his side while withholding information. You say you know he never did anything wrong, but how could you possibly know that? Even the best people can make mistakes that could leave them open to a legitimate lawsuit.

Hopefully you are correct and everything turns out fairly for all parties. I just know that sometimes scammers take advantage of people of faith, and don’t want that to happen to you. Please consider getting more details before loaning/giving your friend money if he says he needs attorney fees.

I sued my neighbor over a Civil matter - I don't wish that on anyone. If this is at all something he can settle with them, I STRONGLY suggest he go hat-in-hand ASAP and take care of it. There are no winners in this scenario.

Good news everyone: a friend of mine who got sued has won his case. And the Plaintiff gets nothing. YAY! I feel better now! :flower1: Thank you all for your concern and prayers.

Good news everyone: a friend of mine who got sued has won his case. And the Plaintiff gets nothing. YAY! I feel better now! :flower1: Thank you all for your concern and prayers.
Was this Small Claims Court?

Anyway, good to hear.
You are very thoughtful to keep us updated .
Hope you plan to celebrate the victory with something healthy and shake off that stress this has caused for you & your good friend!

Was this Small Claims Court?

Anyway, good to hear.
You are very thoughtful to keep us updated .
Hope you plan to celebrate the victory with something healthy and shake off that stress this has caused for you & your good friend!
Last time I video chat him, I ask him what he was sued for, but the only thing he told me that he was being sued by mean spirited people or worse. So, I don't think he wants me to to know what the claim is, maybe because he doesn't want me to get the wrong idea. And I can't say I blame him for that. But, regardless, he won his case and I'm very happy about it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter