A friend of mine just called from MK and said that

Many of the sit down restaurants are closed during the MNSSP and MVMCP...so if she is calling and the party is going on, that's probably why

I believe Liberty Tree is the only sitdown restaurant open during party hours (after 7:00pm). Some of the counter service are open - Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill, Pinocchios. I think they assume that by 7:00pm most people will have already had dinner. Plus you are paying $30+ per person for the party, why would you spend the time in a restaurant?

This happened to us at MNSSHP a few years ago. We were starved when we got there and at the time there wasn't a counter service restaurant open (or at least not one we could find). Didn't matter to me that I had just spent $30 to get in....I was hungry.

We ended up leaving by 9:30 and hit an off site Outback for dinner.

Wish we had known in advance.

We were at MNSSH party on 10/19. We were at Cosmic Rays and the one across from Buzzlight year ride (don't know the name) to get stuff. There were various counter service restaurants open even around 10pm.

The sitdown restaurants are normally closed during MNSSHP and MVMCP. LTT offers a meal in conjunction with those events, but closes shortly after the events start. Most people aren't interested in long sitdown dinners during events that require an added admission to attend... too much would be missed, and the restaurants likely wouldn't do much business.

You can visit Cosmic Rays or some of the other counter service restaurants if you need to grab a quick bite.

I would suggest eating prior to attending these events. We usually go to 'Ohana around 5 pm and that puts us at the parties when the gates open.

We've done MNSSHP twice now. THe first time we hit Tony's on Main Street about an hour and a half before the party, last year we spent the day in EPCOT and had a late lunch at a WS restaurant then went over.

That makes sense!;) His wife and him always attend MNSSHP and I guess never arrived there hungry!:rolleyes:

Just an FYI. Cosmic Ray's is open during MNSSHP, but they don't have the full menu.

I was looking forward to the rotisserie chicken, but they explained that they have a limited menu during special events.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter